BL patches for PC

Started by Art Blade, December 20, 2010, 01:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

maybe it's got to do with that patch.. I am not aware that I have patched my game. How do I find out and if not, where do I get the patch?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

For a PC, I'm not sure where the patches come from.  On PS3, whenever there was a new patch availible I was automatically prompted when I next logged in to the game, never had to go searching.  Actually, your game may be pre-patched, since you have the GOTY edition - just a thought.

Fiach

Usually the patch version is on the title screen (where you choose New Game, Continue etc.), it is usually on the bottom and will be something like.... Version 1.41.

Thats just a guess on my part as I have the 360 version.

Try Here
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Thanks, mate, will take a look at the start-up screen :)

The link you provided leads to a forum, to a topic regarding PC patch (1.30) which leads to a dead link. Great. Not your fault, of course, but strange to see how a major/official forum can't provide a working link  >:( ??? >:(( :-\\ :-( :D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Maybe this will hep Art :

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/22488/Borderlands+Patch+1.41

I have the 360 version so I'm not really up to speed on Borderlands PC sorry mate.  :(

Art Blade

Alright, many thanks, Fiach!!  :-X :)

that did it :)

I was just browsing the net and all kinds of forums and the result of all this is:

I have a German censored game. There are only two versions: for the world and for Germany. I'd never have expected that they even censor a comic style game. Probably due to ragdoll effects, exploding enemies while driving over them, severing limbs, and exploding heads..  :D :D >:(( >:( >:((

Now, the GOTY version is just 1.00 and a sheet of paper with a code that allows me to download all DLCs. I read that several things lead to confusion when PC players mixed versions, because apparently there are also two versions for the DLCs. I haven't checked that out yet.

However, the current patch 1.41 is worldwide (which should include my gore-hating country). Needless to say that the patch is 197MB.. I'm happy that I was able to download it in 4:23 minutes @ +/- 690kb/s. If PZ with his 30kb/s had to try that.. oh dear.

I'll install it now and report back...

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on December 21, 2010, 03:13:11 PMHowever, the current patch 1.41 is worldwide (which should include my gore-hating country).

It is not for the German version.  :D :D :D :D :D

Need to find and dl that now. again.  :D :D :D :D

Art Blade

Alright.. good news, the game is now patched  and the modding works  :-X

My Pistol isn't half bad  ;D

Fiach

Art Blade

Hehe, nice of you, cheers :) Actually, all I get to see is a blank start page for google Ireland, so I have no idea what might be there... but I had been looking for that bloodpatch and stuff like that for some time today, the problem would be that there are several, for each DLC and for the game patch as well.. too much hassle right now I think.

Fiach

Here are the links seperately, maybe they will w@&k for you :)

http://www.bloodpatches.net/forum/pc-spiele-13/21581-borderlands.html

Hmmm... I checked all the others and tried their downloads, they all seem to be bogus sites that ask you to pay before you d/l then dont actually have the item.

The only thing I can suggest is browse Fileshack.com

I went to a torrent site (they would have faster download capabilities) looking for a blood patch and they had a lot of them, but not for Borderlands as far as I could tell, but the interesting thing was they were all for german releases of games like Sacred, CoD etc. We dont have censorship as such here in ireland, if a product is deemed too bad for whatever reason, it just doesnt get released at all.

Maybe there is some mod available from a fansite, other than that I'm stumped mate :(

Art Blade

thanks for all your efforts, mate :) I'll get a "proper" BL soon, a friend of mine will order it for me online.

Art Blade

Just created this so I can clean up the modding topic.. we went a bit off topic there.

This is about Patches and localised versions for BL.

Tags:
🡱 🡳