PC Patch released

Started by Ricamundo, June 03, 2009, 10:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I just checked, here it doesn't matter if I start the game using the launcher or a shortcut to farcry2.exe, I don't need the CD. Got my update via launcher.

The ones who still need the CD, which way did you get the patch (auto-patch via launcher or file download)?

Because that's the only difference I can think of.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I did the file download, and then used a shortcut with the no intro command and it works fine. At least the one time I tried it, it worked fine, no disc check.

Haven't tried the trainer yet though, has anyone tried the 1.02 trainer with 1.03 game yet?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Anyone know if you can uninstall the patch?  Maybe a patch reinstall would w@&k for me but once it is installed the first time, the patch installer won't do it again - says that the patch has already been applied.

DKM2

I think you'd have to uninstall the game and reinstall from the disc.
and manually install up to the version you want.
Then you'd just have to put up with the update message (cancel) every time you play.

btw, you'd want to do this, why?
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

So that I need not have the CD in the drive - I might just look for the executable that bypasses the CD to be done with it.

Hacko

Hey PZ,

I too had trouble with my shortcut looking for the cd after the patch. But I use this shortcut and it doesn't ask for the cd, so use the main executable file for your shortcut.

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Far Cry 2\bin\farcry2.exe

This is in Vista, but I believe XP should be the same. :-X
Also, if you use Vista, make sure you run it as administrator.

PZ

Thanks Hacko - I didn't event remember to think that the shortcut might be using a working directory that is on the CD - I'll try it the next time I get on.

... appreciate the advice  :-X

RedRaven

any one unsure on installing patches I'd advise creating a System Restore Point first, that way you can go back to pre-instal (otherwise its uninstall of game to get rid of them)
that also gives you chance to see if it will give you No-CD ability, i downloaded file from Address someone put up on this forum and all worked fine for me (my game system is not on net) . hope that saves at least some one a bit of stress and grief.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

SoulFallen

As for the patch I'm not very happy with it.  Sure it sends you back to the lobby after game if you are in a dedicated server.  Sure it lets you have a chance to save the map after the game.  BUT......The game STILL alt-tabs itself randomly, PB is all messed up now and people that never used to get PBkicked are getting kicked for reasons they've never seen before

i.e.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

And this keeps happening as well:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

oh dear... I'm on SP with FC2. Never let me connect anyway (1.02 and 1.03)

Ricamundo

Quote from: Art Blade on June 04, 2009, 03:05:12 PM
are the 1.02 savegames compatible with 1.03?

Seems so. I was mid game (50%) when the patch came out, and i just picked up where i left off.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

indeed, no probs with old saves.

Tags:
🡱 🡳