Diamonds videos

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 13, 2009, 07:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

All of D_B's latest individual diamond videos are added to the maps.  You might check the northeast region of Leboa - this one has elements of almost all the hotlink map icons (except the FC2 mission icon).  Here is a legend of what you will see on the maps:

• Video of how to easily get to the diamond: Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

• Link to a forum thread discussing the diamond Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
  • Screen capture of a key point in the area Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Don't forget that you can click the major location on those maps to see the high detail version.

Dweller_Benthos

Glad eveyone likes them or finds them useful. Remember, to save time, I do these with AI turned off, so I don't have to worry about someone shooting at me! Of all the diamonds so far, there's maybe a couple or three that absolutely need a hang glider, a lot of them have a trick rock hop to get to them that takes a lot less time and effort.

I'll be working on a few more over the weekend, and should have them ready for upload Monday (it would be really nice if I had broad band at home - oh well) if I miss any, let me know.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Although I can't speak for everyone, I thing your efforts are well appreciated.  The next time I play through I'm going to check the maps and watch your videos on my iPhone as I play on the console - what a great way for us not so experienced players to find "troublesome diamond" solutions.  Thanks for the w@&k that you do D_B

JRD

Oh yeah... D_B's maps and vids are extremely helpfull to me.
I know the maps in the Primaguide have some misplaced diamonds, which makes me mad. Worst than not having a map, is to have a wrong map. So D_B's effort to provide us with trustworthy info is outstanding in many ways.
I know I've said it before, but  THANK YOU D_B... keep up the good w@&k ;)
You are the core of this site........... no prejudice to other fellow members, of course...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I agree,
I never would have setup a site if not for D_B's outstanding w@&k with the maps.  Because the old farcry2world was an excellent forum, my original idea was to have a site dedicated only to dissemination of D_B's maps and to use farcry2world for the communications.  Then, when farcry2world went down we had nowhere to go, hence the formation of this site.  The ironic thing is that I posted the link to the original maps site on farcry2world only one day prior to it going belly up.  Spaceboy was the only member that had visited so he knew of the original site and he was the first to find it.  He and I were a forum of two for a while!  It wasn't too long before we found JRD and D_B on other forums ... enough of the history lesson...

The videos are the icing on the cake for me.  Keep up the great w@&k my friend.

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I wouldn't be doing it if it weren't fun of some sort.

And now on to the last batch of videos:

[smg id=118 type=av align=center caption="Weelegol Village, rock hop & hang glider"]

[smg id=119 type=av align=center caption="Further east of the Fort, walk up the rocks"]

[smg id=120 type=av align=center caption="The one west of the south Oasis"]

[smg id=121 type=av align=center caption="In the shack at the OGC"]

[smg id=122 type=av align=center caption="The U-Turn hang glider flight over the river"]

[smg id=123 type=av align=center caption="Under the bridge, through the river, on the rocks"]

[smg id=124 type=av align=center caption="Near the waterfall, you can also walk along the dead trees instead of rock-hopping"]

[smg id=125 type=av align=center caption="Up on the roof, and in the church tower"]

[smg id=126 type=av align=center caption="The long flight one, or you can now just rock-hop"]

Don't know if anyone has found the rock hop route to the last one or not, I didn't know about it, just found it by accident. That makes only three that absolutely need a hang glider, as far as I know.
D_B

JRD

Excellent as always D_B...
I managed to reach that diamond case north of Rail Xing through the rock hop. Didn't know about a glider till I check your maps carefully

PZ

I really appreciate your w@&k D_B, I for one have already used your videos to find a couple of diamonds that I've passed many times, but did not find until recently - the one west of the crash site and the one to the east of the Dogon village.

Art Blade

erm... I don't know what happened with the post of D_B with the batch of vids when I just read this thread. It showed "[ limit reached ]" a couple of times. Now that I am replying, I can see down this editor box the other posts, and there are those vids. strange.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Truly strange, I've never seen that one before - has anyone else had this issue? (I hope it is isolated...)

spaceboy

PZ, oddly enough I was checking the results of the OFP2 poll and vids there disappeared, but when I when back to site features and then reloaded it they were there.  First time it happened, I'll keep an eye out.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I tweaked the gallery settings to increase the number if embedded images per page so this should probably fix the problem.  Let me know if you continue to experience the same error.

Art Blade

seems to w@&k fine now. You "da man"  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, it looks like it's working now. What had happened, I posted the thing originally, then saw a typo, hit the quick edit button, fixed it, then saved and it had the  limit problem. Went back to the main edit screen and reposted, and it seemed to w@&k.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Here's another one, in the North Railyard itself. Someone posted a comment on one of my other vides on Youtube and said something about this one, at least I think it's this one they meant. I never thought it was very hard to get, but here you go.

[smg id=136 type=av align=center caption="If you're playing the game, it might be better to kill the mercs first, otherwise they might take exception to you stealing their diamonds."]

hmmm..... for some reason, I can't post text or video responses on Youtube - anyone have any experience with that? I try either one and nothing shows up.
D_B

Fiach

These are really cool!

I had kinda given up on collecting them, I just pick them up now, if they are easy as some of them were taking too long (usually I would be mid mission) and I either died or wasted alot of time trying to figure out a path up that particular mountain.

These will be a huge help to me, thanks :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

JRD

You'll se that D_B's diamond videos and maps are extremelly helpfull to all of us....

Tags:
🡱 🡳