Diamonds videos

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 13, 2009, 07:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Here's the diamond videos I did. Four parts, combined length of 23 minutes or so. I just didn't think to make them as individual clips, that would've been a lot easier. D'oh!

North part one:

[smg id=74 type=av align=center]

North part two:

[smg id=75 type=av align=center]

South part one:

[smg id=73 type=av align=center]

South part two:

[smg id=72 type=av align=center]

Sorry about how dark some of them are, it seems the HDR doesn't translate well, I'll have to try turning that off next time I take vids.

Oh yeah, there's also some of the more obscure gold AK-47s in there, along with some car hopping, and boat juggling, just for fun.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Nice w@&k D_B!  There are glider diamonds I've not been able to find before that should be much easier to get to after watching the vids.  8)

Art Blade

Very interesting stuff there, D_B. I was just thinking, you showed me places I must have totally missed when I came through those areas. I mean, especially that shack with the golden AK47, that's apparently right next to a road which I don't remember to ever have used... funny that. :)

A sidenote, I have just finished watching those diamond-vids and before that those trainer vids. I think I'll give that a try myself. The stuff you did with it made me chuckle and I thought to myself, look, there really are peeps out there who are at least as crazy as I  ;D

Good w@&k there, thanks for all that and the time you spent doing it
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks everyone. I think I'll re-do the diamond vids with more brightness and each one a separate file, make them easier to link to the maps.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

I've started to make a new set of videos, each diamond in a single vid this time. New vid capture technique as well, that's a lot less hassle. I still have to tweak the brightness settings in the game to make the deep shadow ones visible on video though.

Anyway, here's the first one, the big rock near the North Railyard

[smg id=79 type=av align=center]
D_B

JRD

Excellent videos D_B.
The zoom in your current position is a great idea. Very haelpfull to users to see where you are.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I just figured out that technique last night. Pinnacle Studio can do lots of things I never bothered to look at. I just need to pause with the map out a little longer to give the zoom more time to look at the map. Otherwise, it's pretty useless to have the map out since you can't really see what it's showing on a youtube video.
D_B

JRD

Oh... that pinnacle thing!!
You asked me to upload a video I was having trouble to convert to a format recognized by youtube and windows media player.
I just forgot what post it was in, so I'll reply here instead!!
The video is about 700 MB, so I'm also having trouble uploading it to rapidshare or megaupload
Its just a video of some gameplay, nothing too cool to bother with and besides, I figured out what I was doing wrong so never mind about that!
Thanks though for stepping up to it, I appreciate

PZ

I have Pinnacle Studio also - never really thought of using it for this kind of thing - have mainly processed TV shows, etc - thanks for the tip D_B.  It looks like I'll need to make a list of the diamond videos that I need to add to the maps!  :)

Dweller_Benthos

North of Sediko, the rock hop & hang glider

[smg id=86 type=av align=center]
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Diamond West Of Crash Site - hang glider only - pretty sure there's no other way.

[smg id=87 type=av align=center]
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Diamond Under Goka Falls - had to crank the gamma & brightness and reduce contrast a lot to get this one to be visible on youtube, so it almost looks like black & white

[smg id=88 type=av align=center]
D_B

JRD

Great videos D_B. The one in Goka Falls is quite bright indeed, but I think i's how it should be so if someone is having trouble finding a diamond, it will be helpfull!

DKM2

You know the glider one I hate is the Weelegol Village one, where you have to steer your way around cliff to the other side.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

Fantastic w@&k D_B,

Will get to adding to the maps as soon as all the rest of the forums bugs are worked out.

JRD

My bullet proof head is back......phew... thanks PZ  ;D

PZ

My pleasure JRD,
I was thinking that it is a good thing that the mercs on FC2 don't have a gizmo like that or my all time fav, the 6P9 would be useless!

Dweller_Benthos

Here's the one in Petro Sahel

[smg id=91 type=av align=center]
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

The Goka Falls one, rock hop (much easier) and hang glider:

[smg id=92 type=av align=center]
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

The Fort

[smg id=93 type=av align=center]
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

The easy one between the Slaughter House & Fresh Fish

[smg id=94 type=av align=center]
D_B

JRD

Great vids D_B....
I know I've collect all diamonds in Leboa but watch your vids just to see how you get there!

PZ

Because I've collected little to none of the diamonds you illustrate D_B, I greatly appreciate the w@&k that you've done!  In fact, I've tried to find some of the gliders (like the one near the northern rail yard), but gave up until I saw your clips.

retiredgord

D_B, great vids. It looks so easy when you collect them.  They were all particularly hard with the gliders, but the one at Goka falls when you ran along the rocks was the best.  I tried that 50 times until finally tried the gliders successfuly and that ended being the second to last when I went back to the North to finish getting all the diamonds.  Again great w@&k in showing us that they are attainable.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

DKM2

Ahhh, you got the Gorka Falls rock hopping one, I was wondering if you tried it.  nice vid.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Tags:
🡱 🡳