Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

mmosu

PZ

My goodness that was exciting - the game play is just about as good as the cut scenes in many games - amazing graphics.  :-X

JRD

It seems to me the sequence where you go to Venice with Leonardo and you have to steer your coach in that chase... only here is waaaay more intense  >:D

I don`t mind a dose of linearity if they can deliver that kind of adrenalin fueled sequence   :-X

I really like how the wrecks make up a path for Ezio without being too obvious. It made everything very fluid!  :-X

mmosu

That's what irritates me in games - when they need to funnel you down a certain path and either make it impossible to see where you're supposed to go (sapping the adrenaline of the chase out of the scene and making me want to throw the controller through the screen) or so obvious that it seems totally set-up and contrived. I know it's a set up sequence, I just don't want to be able to tell that it is while I'm playing it.  Some game makers can't quite grasp how to prevent us from seeing behing the curtain!  :D

JRD

The coach chase sequence in AC2 could easily be skipped in my opinion, but since it was fun to do and I only did it once I`m fine with that. If a funneled down sequence adds to the story - as this one at the docs seems to do - then why not? Just don`t make it too often during the game!

Art Blade

Quote from: mmosu on June 21, 2011, 04:42:14 AMmaking me want to throw the controller through the screen
Don't we all know that feeling ^+-+ :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

Had it happen this morning - with Little Big Planet of all things!  ^+-+

mandru

Throw the controller through the screen?   ????

Heh heh, that made me think of a video clip over on www.Wimp.com from April 4th where it looked like some prankster had switched his brother-in-law's big screen to the photo view feature and put up a picture from a thumb drive that had been shot through the reflection of a badly cracked mirror to make it appear that he had broken the screen.  While in concept it was a good prank the people involved in the clip were so largely unconvincing I decided not to post it here.

I did give the information for anyone so driven to find it (if they absolutely have to) they can but be forewarned to expect the anticlimactic.   ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mmosu

yeah, your warning was enough - good ideas with poor execution are what make the world go 'round  :D

Tags:
🡱 🡳