Mission: Into the Fire

Started by JRD, July 14, 2009, 08:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

========SPOILERS===========

First campaign mission... stealth approach to a comm station that should be taken out before the real raid commence.
I was really surprised with how easy things were going... rescued the doctor, then that girl, placed the satchel by the antenna and waited before setting it off... then gathered evidence by the woods, still unnoticed, detonated the charge, regrouped with the rest of Razor team and moved to extraction point... 9 kills and no wounds still with 3 mags with me... pretty good heh?
Wrong... by the extraction point, after finishing a few more Chedakis, my Sargeant asks for my laser designator... didn't used it by the comm antenna as it would call an airstrike that would clear the surrounding village, but should be used for an unexpected task right before the end of the mission...
My character goes like "err... sh!$, sorry sargeant... I forgot that designator"....
What next? NOTHING.......... they just stand still doing nothing... I can move but they keep calling me "fall back into formation"
Why, oh Lord, why does the game allow you to go into the mission WITHOUT that piece of equipment that ends the mission?
I got the Laser designator batteries instead... didn't know how the stuff looks like and had to grab it as the chopper was landing... so... screwed it up.
A clear lack of attention by devs... a message should pop up if you are about to leave the chopper without that thing.... or is it supposed to be like that in a war sim  :P

Anyway... restarted mission and now...

[smg id=1014 type=av]

Out of the frying pan.....
Vid is dark and I wasn't using NV goggles, but you get the picture!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Nice one with the batteries lol  :-X That's when people in a cinema go "OH NO" when the movie shows the only guy responsible for the one lethal piece of equipment of the entire mission just forgot to bring it  ;D ;D ;D

I can almost hear gvse saying "the editor, man. Play with the editor instead"  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Still, i really want to go into the campaign... I love a good plot and I also get the hang of the game whilst playing SP.

Besides, I read some good reviews about the SP campaign saying it has 12 missions only, but those should last for hours and hours each, leading you all around Chernarus... which I think is great  ;)

By the time i'm through, will know what i want on a custom mission... and there's gvse's missions already downloaded (more from him, you and members alike to come, I'm sure)... so it seems like an endless game... money well spent  8)

Art Blade

I might start the campaign too, just don't feel ready for it yet :) The game is fun, for the time I stay alive, that is ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

gvse

Quote from: Art Blade on July 15, 2009, 09:22:51 AM
Nice one with the batteries lol  :-X That's when people in a cinema go "OH NO" when the movie shows the only guy responsible for the one lethal piece of equipment of the entire mission just forgot to bring it  ;D ;D ;D

I can almost hear gvse saying "the editor, man. Play with the editor instead"  ;D

Yeah, the editor is outstanding cause it lets you do your own thing in terms of design and execution. I liked the first mission in the campaign but then I got annoyed that so much is presented via cutscenes. If I get bored with my stealth oriented missions I will have a stab at the campaign again though. Hope you will have some good news about it! :)

JRD

Cool... Xilisoft has an editing feature I used to make the image brighter... you can actually see it in the original post now!
Which means I don't have to do the vid again if its too dark  ;)

JRD

I had that laser thing this time... I'm pretty sure. My weapons menu displayed my rifle, my pistol and the laser designator.
Still, upon reaching the extraction zone, the same message appears... my character goes "uhh... sorry sarg, I forgot that thing" and he goes "you better get your s#!t together marine" and all that blablabla...
Nevetheless, mission ended and I manged to move to the next level, but it feels like something went wrong, even if I did it right this time  :(

... more on "Amphibious assault" latter  ;)

PZ

I just did Into the Storm and it went well.  I was in the chopper and the team leader was asking who wanted the laser designator, and I didn't say anything, but a fellow team mate responded with such enthusiasm the leader replied "that's exactly why i don't want you to carry it... Coops, here, you take it" and I had it by default.

Like you, JRD, I rescued the Doctor, but I neglected to have him follow me, so that part of my mission failed.  I also returned later and rescued the girl, but that part was successful.  However, I had great fun finding the overlook, and then targeting several items for the rockets:  a fortified house, a tank under camouflage netting, and another tank driving on the road.  All in all, a successful mission with little problem.

It looks like there are many things to do that are not specified, but are encountered as you roam the countryside.  Then as you complete something that was not on your list, a new "task completed" marker appears on your map.  I suspect that there are quite a few of these gems throughout the simulation.  :-X

Next stop... Amphibious Assault

Tags:
🡱 🡳