Screen captures

Started by PZ, April 11, 2010, 07:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Just for kicks, I captured the map with two of the faction areas shown (Reapers and Ular Boys).  It is best when going directly to the gallery image to view it full size.  Now imagine over 300 named areas, civilian and military spread all over the map that you have the pleasure of clearing out.  The only place without marked settlement of any kind is in the northwest corner - that large island is the Japanese island which is infested with WWII guys that think the war is still on.
[smg id=2235]

Art Blade

I too am looking forward to finally playing the game, and of course I'll post away once I started to play.

I've spent a lot of time, meanwhile, watching different people play through JC2 so this is the first time I know quite a bit of a game without actually having played it. The 100-year-old Japanese soldiers on that island are connected to a faction mission.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yes, that particular faction mission is lots of fun, and the truck cargo delivery to the beach has been my all time favorite mission - I believe I mentioned it in another thread.  In fact, this is the mission toat tipped the scales for me and made JC2 my favorite game.

Art Blade

All I could think was "whoa, that big tower sure is big!" (as in very tall) :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yes, those towers are high enough to give you vertigo!  Also, you get to run between towers on the hige pipes or cables that connect them.

spaceboy

That island is cool.  I can't recall if I posted this link but here is a quick vid of part of that faction mission.  I needed to get from one tower to the next.  My actual target was the smaller tower but knowing I'd eventually need to get to the big one last and not knowing if it'd be timed or not I decided to do some house cleaning first to make my way back up there a bit easier.  This is me jumping from the tallest tower to a smaller one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hBWzvu0lSE
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

oh YEAH!  :) And that was just a small bit, 200 odd meters, I'd like to know how far it is down to the ground. Faceplant, anyone?  :)

PZ

Good one, space!  :-X

You do manage to capture good moments  :)

fragger

A bit late... but terrific screenpics back there, PZ :-X

And another cool vid from space, nice one mate :-X

PZ

Thanks fragger!  :)

Here are a couple that I took last night - a modded triggered charge (C-4).

The blast is so big, it knocked me down while I was standing on a tall building
[smg id=2238]

A couple more showing the blast sequence
[smg id=2237]
[smg id=2236]

Art Blade

That surely is a little over the top  ;D ;D ;D :-X Nice screen captures there, PZ  :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 22, 2010, 11:59:26 AM
That surely is a little over the top  ;D ;D ;D :-X Nice screen captures there, PZ  :)

lol, waaaay over the top to use in general game play.  However, due to the way mods are installed (simply put them into the "dropzone" folder, it is easy to install/uninstall them.  They don't change the game in any way (unless you're doing new textures)

Art Blade

that is very very cool, sounds like they really encourage modding!

fragger

Great looking expolsions in this game :-X :-X

JRD

Yeap... the explosions seems very nice indeed... I like the fire coming out from the black smoke!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Yes, very nice effects - slowly rolling smoke and flame.

PZ

A few snapshots:
When flying over an area, you can throw triggered charges (C-4) onto objects to detonate
[smg id=2257]
Hijacking a plane after completing an area
[smg id=2259]
A funny moment throwing a pilot out of his own plane
[smg id=2258]

JRD

The draw distance on those last two pics are really great...  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Thanks, JRD - I'm using a rather large wide screen monitor and use FRAPS to do the screen captures.  Then using irfanview, it is an easy crop to the point of interest, which makes it much larger in the field of view.  The added benefit is that it is a smaller file size - quicker to upload when on a slow Internet connection  ;)

Art Blade

PZ

Thanks, Art - that's part of the fun of playing on the PC - take a snapshot then alt-tab out to the desktop to post it, then return to Panau for more carnage.  ;)

fragger

Some more great pics, nice ones, PZ :-X

The last one looks like the pilot is about to get sucked into that engine!

PZ

lol, you're right!  Thanks for the comment fragger; the govmen make a funny scream that fades into the distance when they fall from height.  ;D

Dweller_Benthos

Dang, I wish this game was first person, I don't suppose there's a mod for that?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 30, 2010, 01:27:46 PM
Dang, I wish this game was first person, I don't suppose there's a mod for that?

You and me both!  There is a mod for first person driving, but not fighting.  I'm becoming accustomed to it though, because I received a taste of 3rd person in FO3 and most recently AC2 and Uncharted2.

Tags:
🡱 🡳