So, you thought Steam was bad, gettaloadofEA

Started by Fiach, November 17, 2011, 12:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

fragger

That's unreal. EA must be short for Extreme Arrogance ???

They make Steam look positively philanthropic.

Art Blade

I got lost somewhere in the following discussion further down the article and just now decided to stop reading as it got a little ridiculous there. However, the information that EA's customers might get banned from a forum (sounded like automated, parser-triggered bans) which in turn might lead to being unable to play EA games is disturbing.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I did the same thing Art, read about halfway through the discussion following the main story until it occurred to me that I was wasting my time. When I see content like that in other forums it makes me appreciate this one more than ever :) :-X

PZ

The nerve of some of these companies increases exponentially these days, it seems.

Binnatics

I also got the picture halfways, but what an incredible story.  :o
I must say that I find it very correct that a player gets banned for a period of time after misbehaving in an online game or forum, it's like doping in sycling, but to punish someone by making SP mode unaccessible is a bridge too far. The "Tour the France" can't steal someone's bike due to some EPO now, would they :angry-new:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Hehe, imagine: PZ just used a blacklisted word "nerve" which triggers an automated ban issued for this board. Subsequently, following EA's example, he may no longer peruse any board on this forum and all of his privileges and rights are herewith revoked and it is now turned into a permanent ban from his account. We consider this "thread" closed as it has been discussed (right here, right now). Unfortunately for him, PZ's email addy that is tied into the OWG user account is herewith and forever inaccessible and expired. His OWG avatars and posting levels will be deleted. Any of his shout box entries will be ignored (and deleted, if we see fit). However, not wanting to appear impolite, we send him a last email (before closing his account):

"Please note that your account [email] has been permanently terminated from the OWG online service for violating the terms of services. The account will no longer be accessible in any way, and all property, items, and characters associated currently are or will soon be deleted." That may include his dog.

"This action was necessary due to the repeated nature of the offense on the account. We regret having to take this final step, but it is entirely necessary on behalf of protecting the OWG online community. The violation has already been discussed above so further communication on this matter won't be entertained. We thank you for your understanding on all the statutes within the Terms of Service, and they still contractually apply to you as per the original agreement, especially the sections regarding terminated members of the service."

Have a nice day.

:-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

For some reason the attitude in that ban "notice" reminded me of Josie Whales favorite quote "don't piss down my back and tell me its rainin'"  :-()

I better be careful of my language lest I be banned from my own place...  ????

Art Blade

that line: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And don't worry, I'm guarding the place and will reinstall your position and bestow your majesty's powers upon you once again  :-()

PZ

Thank you my friend - we need to take care of one another  ;)

Art Blade

Fiach

WHAT?!?!? PZ'S BANNED????

Petition to unban PZ!

/signed   >:D :angel:  :laugh:
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

PZ

Art Blade

you see, PZ is quick. Seconds after my post.. seconds, mate. Let it be an example for you.

Need to unban you for that..  :-()

PZ

:laugh:  you guys are funny - I certainly am glad that I'm not banned, else I'd not be entertained on a daily basis!  :-()

Art Blade

Binnatics

I'm glad forum management takes such good care of us.  :angel:
:laugh:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

fragger

Quote from: Binnatics on November 18, 2011, 08:59:27 AM
I'm glad forum management takes such good care of us.  :angel:

Yep - as long as you bow, scrape and kowtow, do as you're told at all times and kick back part of your salary every week 8-X

And don't even think about resigning. Nobody leaves OWG, comrade...

:-D

Art Blade

Kudos, fragger, kudos. For your loyalty, support and understanding of basic principles. And for being such a top bloke, +1 for you.  :-()

fragger

fragger

And here's one back at you - a nice round number "50" should look good in your kudos :-D

Art Blade

Thank you very much. You are too kind, fragger  :)

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳