The Q&A Topic -- You ask, We answer

Started by Art Blade, August 22, 2016, 05:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

which option to choose for wrecks? signals?

I've had perhaps one wreck using those beacons. Instead, they keep finding signal towers and whatnot.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

by the way, doesn't w@&k any more, repeatedly using the same transmission tower / relay. I was shown the same location only there wasn't any ship any more. Reloaded, same.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

As far as I know, the Bypass Chip-activated beacons out in the open don't show wrecks. Wreck locations can be revealed by those console things inside observatories, the ones where you have to figure out the numeric puzzle for the correct number to input. But these consoles also show Ruins and places where an "Advanced Life Form" can be found, such as another Observatory or a Shelter (with a Landing Pad and a Trade Terminal inside). There's no telling which type of location the Observatory console will reveal though, it's the luck of the draw. I think they can only be interacted with once, but I'm not positive about that.

Art Blade

yes, the terminal will not be accessible anymore once you solved (or failed) the riddle.

Thank you for confirming what I was afraid of -- no way of telling. But also thank you for pointing out that it's those terminals that, if, show them. :-X

fragger

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on August 27, 2016, 07:58:50 PMThen rinse and repeat. Same station got me two wrecks now.  :-D

I keep getting the same location ???? despite using different observatories and such. I think the planet only got two wrecks. When I arrive, I already recognise the wreck location and the wreck is gone (well, I am sitting in it)

fragger

Have you tried going to the other side of the planet?

Art Blade

the 2nd shipwreck was on the other side. Both times. I had to fly close to the outer atmosphere in order to be fast enough to make it a 7 minutes trip rather than a two weeks trip.

Dweller_Benthos

I followed a shipwreck beacon to the other side of the planet only to find the place I'd picked up the ship I was in, same as Art. I also followed one to find the wreck site I'd started at on my beginning planet. Some planets have more wrecks than others, just random.

But the terminals outside will find you the signal, then go to that signal and find an observatory, the ones that find wrecks will always have a tower that looks almost like an air traffic control tower, outside. Then you solve the puzzle and hope to get a wreck.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

mandru

OK.  Thanks fragger and Art for the info on mining and breaking down the upgrades on abandoned ships.

I was under the impression that you could mine with the ship because you've mentioned mining asteroids and Art had shown a screen shot of a face carved into one of them.  I didn't understand that if you are mining in space it must be an extravehicular space walk performed with the multi-tool since you can't mine with the ship itself.

While this game is a lovely concept and offered some very promising possibilities before launch the shared details of actual game play have convinced me it's not something I would particularly enjoy.

There's all too much of a raw unguided learning curve between things like the "One time" shots at critical puzzles, not being able to drag and drop upgrades from slot to slot to maximize their stacking ability, far too much math ( ??? ) in strategizing, wheeling and dealing in altering the various builds for buying and configuring better gear.  Then there's also the developer's "We're tossing you into hostile environmentsnth with no information, so survive or die", and I'm not going to go into the numerous objections of overly powered/enabled pirates with abilities not accessible to or scaled to meet the player's developing ability to counter in self defense as have been often related by you guys.

I'll have to give this one a pass.  I'm glad that you're all having fun with it but drawing from the reported details NMS just doesn't tickle my pleasure/pain sweet spot.  :(

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

mandru

I'll stick with the basic FO4 even though it's gone out of vogue here on OWG.  I'm in the after game still on my first play through.

When I look at up and coming game releases I'm not seeing anything on the horizon that looks remotely interesting or playable yet.

And for repetitive grind for imaginary internet points I always have RuneScape.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

I have to be honest and say that even though I'm fixated on NMS at present, I'm pretty sure I'll get sick of it at some not-enormously-distant point. I can't see it holding my attention for months and months on end, like FC2, or becoming a 5-6 year love affair like the one I have with Civilization V (which I'm still mad on after all these years). I can't get enough of NMS right now, but that obsession will fade.

Civilization VI is on my radar, which is slated for release in October, so that will probably be my next big thing. I might be just getting tired of NMS by then.

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Honestly, I'm glad the Nuka World DLC for Fallout came out, NMS is interesting, but I needed a break from it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Binnatics

Probably a silly question, but how do you scan and rename animals?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

you look at it, press and hold F. It should highlight the animal, some swirly ball circle on mid-screen telling you it's analysing and then "new species discovered" or some such. Hit ESC, look to the bottom right, the animal is there with a red marker in the top right corner (not yet uploaded). Hover your mouse over it, press X to rename and upload it.

Binnatics

Thank you :)

Simple as that, but you just got to know it :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

indeed. ^-^

Like, when your car breaks down and you call for service, the techie checks your engine and replaces just one tiny little screw. It costs 500€. If you complain like, "hey, replacing that one screw isn't worth 500€!" The techie then might reply, "of course not. But knowing which one to replace, is."  :-D

Art Blade

Ship's weapons,

isn't there a +1 beam impact?

I have six upgrades for the phase beam, are there more?

And I've got nine upgrades for the photon cannon, are there more?

Exosuit,

I got two health modules, +1 and +3. Anyone found a health module +2 yet?

fragger

No, there's a +2, +3 and +4 Beam Impact, no +1. For some reason they're still called Sigma, Tau and Theta even though they're all one number higher ????

There are six Phase Beam upgrades altogether, and nine for the Photon Cannon, so you've got them all now.

There are three Deflector Shield upgrades, and although they're labeled Sigma, Tau and Theta they all have +1 on them. I still put my Theta between my Sigma and Tau anyway, just to be sure.

I've got a +2 and a +3 Health Module, been trying for ages to get a +1. But I keep being offered blueprints for things that I've already got :D

Art Blade

cheers  :)

And yes, same here.. "already known" is like 90% of the time.

fragger

I have a question: When I'm walking around on a hard surface, like the platform at a starport or on the rock floor of a cave,  why does it sound like I'm wearing stilettos? ????

Maybe I'm Barbarella :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳