AC2 JRD's impressions... one year later

Started by JRD, May 08, 2011, 07:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I was under the same impression and I too had those moments, I thought some lines were just "out of physical context" :-()

There is one little mission when Ezio learns about his younger sister's love, a guy who cheats on her.. I was on him so quickly and he was down on the ground taking a heavy beating and kicking while he couldn't adapt his speech in time and that made me laugh as well. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

JRD

Another point I forgot to raise:

Although the weapons in AC2 are incredibly more diverse and fun to use, the idea of putting that pistol into Ezio`s hands later on in the game was a bit disappointing to me. I used it to kill the target at Venice during the carnival because it was kind of hinted that you should do it this way - maybe I could`ve just jumped on his neck and ripped his throat open with my double blades but I decided to use the new toy  ::)

I used it in sequence 13 to kill two targets... one wasn`t on purpose, the thing fired accidentally, I swear - I thought I had the hidden blades selected and even jumped on my chair when I heard to BANG  :-[

Apart from throwing knives to kill archers, all killing in the Assassin`s Creed requires a careful (or nor so careful at all) approach to the target. It gives you the sense of accomplishment that I love so much in that game, something similar to a well executed plan in FC2... it just feels great when you can move to an unsuspecting target and perform an air kill or chase someone over rooftops or use poison without being noticed or use all your swordsman skills... the list goes on and on. The aim-and-fire thing just don`t feel right to me.

I know Ezio can use a bow in AC:B but I really hope it doesn`t ruin some kind of experience this time...  :(
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

There are a few areas in Brotherhood where you probably would not be able to complete the mission if not for the pistol or crossbow.  For instance, a timed chase where the target is already relatively far away, running fast, and across a void that you cannot jump.  :-()

Art Blade

I used the pistol specifically on moving targets and loved to do so thanks to the auto lock-on function. Like that, I killed a couple of fleeing guys and other targets that would have taken a lot of time to get to without that pistol.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Sure they came up a mission that can be completed only if you use the pistol so it make sense that you have it.

I had a target in sequence 13, a farmer guy walking in a enemy infested area and with lots of hay stacks to hide. I managed to clean the area a bit but died after a while. It was an assassination that would require a lot of study to be made unnoticed or a surprise kill, eliminating the target but alerting half the guards in Firenze... after reloading I just aimed and shot, nobody noticed me standing on that roof after that loud bang  ???? ... mission complete but I still want to pull that kill in another way  :-\\

Maybe I'm being too purist, maybe I'm afraid they screw up the franchise by adding more and more gadgets and we end up with Batman's utility belt.  :-(

I think that applying the same formula in another place and era will be a success... as long as they don't try to over do what already works well
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I think I remember that mission - the farmer was disgruntled as I recall, and your task was to take him out.  The bad part was that he was heavily guarded.  The good part was that there were plenty of haystacks to hide in.  I did the mission by taking out the guards silently, then moving from stack to stack taking out guards as they passed thereby reducing their numbers significantly.  Then as the farmer passed, I quickly moved out and finished him with the hidden blades.

Of course, I ran like heck and managed to escape  :-()

However, as my combat skills improved, I eventually learned how to remain on the defensive and kill when the foolish guards attacked.  Doing the mission this way made it possible to casually saunter away.  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳