My multiplayer maps

Started by Pac!ent, March 19, 2009, 11:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pac!ent

Thanks to admins that they consider my note and we can find here multiplayer section  :)
I hope that this growing community will contain some map makers and multiplayer fans as well.
And because I asked for that, I have to start here  :P

Well, so I made already 4 maps.
They are : Pony Express, LITICE Castle, Golf Course, and last which was released yesterday is Sanatorium.
Golf Course nad Litice Castle became UBI recommended maps, what was great honour for me.
Here are screenshots

Pony Express
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Liitice castle

Golf Course

Sanatorium

These maps are in rotation on our server 1 FCCZ for all, (runing from centel Europe) in CtD mod so you are all welcome play them with us.  :)

spaceboy

Beautiful job!  Do you know if PC and PS3 gamers can play on same server/maps?  My guess is not.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Excellent w@&k Pac!ent,

I especially like the desert scenes - lived in southern California for a decade or so, and one of the places I seriously miss is Anza Borrego.

Dweller_Benthos

wow, those are really cool looking, wish I could play them.....

"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Pac!ent

Quote from: spaceboy on March 20, 2009, 06:34:05 AM
Beautiful job!  Do you know if PC and PS3 gamers can play on same server/maps?  My guess is not.

No, platforms are splited for multiplayer. What is IMAO right decision, because otherways one side would blame second side for advantages etc.

Btw - Dweller_Benthos why you cant play multiplayer maps? Or you mean maps from different platform ? For me its same, sometime I see great maps from consoles  :)

Dweller_Benthos

I can't play online due to slow internet connection. I suppose I could load the maps and run around them by myself.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

tiny shot

are these maps on xbox 360 they look bombin

Pac!ent

I made new map - Acropolis, check it out guys ;)

More info on UBI forum here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3171037696/m/5581086057

PZ

Great w@&k Pac!ent - I may be able to play your maps one of these fine days!

JRD

Pac!ent.. you are amazing...
Everytime I see one of your maps I want to plunge into the editor for the rest of the weekend.
I remember when I was a kid and used to spend hours making my fortress to play with the other kids... to prepare the thing was actually a lot of fun, almost as good as play on it.
No comparisson with your maps though, this is no kid stuff...
You are a serious map maker man... outstanding!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Pac!ent

Och guys thanks a lot for you very nice words about my w@&k. Much appreciated ;)
Iam pretty much adult (42) but I still have time to spend hour or two per day in the editor and its great when I can get then feedback like this...
Thx again. Iam glad you like it :)

Art Blade

welcome to the senior club, Pac!ent... I don't play FC2 online but I know what it takes to create maps. Congrats on ubi recommendation, that truly is an honour :)

Those screenshots look great. I like the Litice Castle best, actually it made me wonder if you are a landscape architect / city planner in real life... it looks like a place to spend one's holidays :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

corairs

They look great to bad i can not play them . :)

Pac!ent

Quote from: Art Blade on April 17, 2009, 03:24:04 PM
......actually it made me wonder if you are a landscape architect / city planner in real life... it looks like a place to spend one's holidays :)

I dont know if some of you played original Far Cry. Developers team motto was same - play (shoot down people.... ;D) in some place where you want to spent holiday..  8) Thats why I so love Far Cry (1 and 2 as well) and when I made maps I want to make just like this.
In real life Iam atm maintenace manager in quite big printing company, but I built my onw house by my own project before and also I painted pictures (oil colours), but since I bought PC, I dint made one single more ...  ::)
One "sample"

Art Blade

Outstanding! very nice indeed! So my guess wasn't too far from reality :)

I too played and loved FC1 (the main reason why I was so excited about getting FC2). In FC1 I used to stay on the beach just watching the sea, some music in the background... perfect screen saver  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I never had the chance to play FC1 - great w@&k Pac!ent

spaceboy

Great new map and a beautiful painting as well.

JRD

The painting resembles a piece by Magrite.... very cool

Pac!ent

Quote from: JRD on April 18, 2009, 04:24:49 PM
The painting resembles a piece by Magrite.... very cool
Thx  ;) We are slowly get out of topic so I hope that admin wouldnt delete all of those replies lol  ;D Well, I was trying to paint smth in surrealistic style. Salvatore Dalí was always my "specimen"  :D
So - on more piece from me, in this case not as surrealistic  :D
(hopefully this picture doenst brake forum rules..  ::) )

Art Blade

incredible... very nice! About forum rules, I think illustrations of candles are not allowed here.

JRD

Beautyfull piece Pac!ent...

And smart piece Art... ;) ;D

PZ

Well, I hate to be a censor, and from the flavor of the thread, I can see that the mature crowd appreciates art.  If you think that Pac!ent's painting is provocative, you should see what is hanging in the main gallery at the Musee d'Orsay in Paris...

What medium do you use Pac!ent?

Art Blade

I think it should read "The mature crowd appreciates Art." Capital A please. (sorry, couldn't resist ;D )

Good attitude there PZ, regarding prudery. In Europe that would never be an issue :)

DKM2

lol, the sword is disturbing thou.  ;D  That'll make you think twice.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

spaceboy

Quote from: Art Blade on April 19, 2009, 12:12:23 PM
I think it should read "The mature crowd appreciates Art." Capital A please. (sorry, couldn't resist ;D )

hahahahahaha....still chuckling here

Tags:
🡱 🡳