CHEATS

Started by Art Blade, April 18, 2009, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

edited broken links /Art
Hello FC2 fans,

here you find PC cheats for Far Cry 2...

Command Line Cheats: Best do it like this:

- Create a desktop shortcut to FC2 and then make copies of it, like 2 or 3 or more...
- rename them to "FC2 god mode" etc
- insert command line parameters in the properties of respective shortcuts as follows

"X:games\Far Cry 2\bin\farcry2.exe" -GameProfile_UnlimitedReliability 1 -GameProfile_UnlimitedAmmo 1 -GameProfile_GodMode 1 -GameProfile_AllWeaponsUnlock 1 -GameProfile_IgnorePlayer 1 -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1 -GameProfile_timescale 0

those commands can be used in random order, try combine them for different situations, use all or leave out what you don't need. Like that you can create different desktop shortcuts and simply choose how to play today :)

Here is a detailed explanation of what those cheats do:

Unlimited_Reliability lets you keep your weapons dealer's weapons in top condition (no degrading, no jamming)

UnlimitedAmmo doesn't affect grenades or molotovs, unfortunately [edit: 21 Jan 2010 workaround: read this post (here in this topic) ]. You need reload, but you never run out of ammo. You'll have ammo for all weapons added to your "inventory". Also, unlimited amount of syrettes

GodMode obviously is to stay alive. You don't get hurt, you can't die. But even gods have malaria attacks  ;)

AllWeaponsUnlock unlocks all items of your local (Leboa/Bowa) map's weapons dealers. It does not unlock all items at once. Items means, everything you can buy at your arms dealer. The cheat needs a trigger, a mission, that unlocks new weapons thereafter. Once new weapons are available, all items of the local map's weapons dealer (Leboa or Bowa) are unlocked. The weapon upgrades (reliability and ammo) however will unlock only on purchasing respective weapon. The cheat doesn't "buy" weapons, you still need diamonds.

A) Leboa
It enters into force in Leboa after you purchased the first weapon, which is part of the tutorial. So you may use it from the very beginning and it will unlock the merchandise eventually.

B) Bowa
After completing the barge mission, the message "new weapons available" unlocks all remaining merchandise. (I actually drove to an arms dealer first, rather than helping out my best buddy on the barge. I returned to his help fully equipped)

C) Enabling the cheat sometime during gameplay
You will need a mission that unlocks weapons. After completing it, all merchandise of the map (Leboa/Bowa) will unlock.

IgnorePlayer means, the mercs don't recognise you as "the player" but still may hear you if you don't crouch. Driving vehicles, you will be recognised as obstacle.

SkipIntroMovies skips all the stuff and sends you to FAR CRY 2 "press any key" -> main menu.

TimeScale Default value is 6 (or remove the command line). "0" means, freeze the current time of day/night and the current weather "at the same time". I added the command to one of my FC2 shortcuts, loaded a savegame, went to a safehouse and set the alarm clock to 8:00pm (on a sunny day). Now the weather and sun stay as is ;D You could do that with a night time if you wished to sneak around in guarded areas in the dark.

Update on "Real Time" 02 June 2009

I did some more testing but didn't want to spend hours watching the alarm clock in a safehouse ;) So, roughly it works as follows:

TimeScale (TS) GameTime (GT) RealTime (RT)
TS 0.9 > 10 min GT > 32 min RT
TS 1.0 > 10 min GT > 16 min RT
TS 1.1 > 10 min GT > 08 min RT

a discussion about time&weather has come up, read here.

-ZombieAI: apparently ZOMBIEAI doesn't w@&k with the latest patch anymore
Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 16, 2009, 04:32:10 PM
Another one to add is zombieai which makes all bots stand still doing nothing. It's what I use to keep them from moving around while making panoramas.
Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 31, 2009, 06:21:18 AM
Add -zombieai to your game shortcut

I recommend you use either  this or  the IgnorePlayer cheat. ZombieAI has three effects:
- Mercs don't move
- Mercs don't respawn in cease fire zones (as long as you're there)
- Mercs don't react (cease fire is not affected if you shoot a merc)

Maybe you need to leave an area (example: Pala, Port Selao) first, if the mercs move despite of the cheat. When you return, they should be stiff  ;D

Diamonds
There is no known cheat to get rich, but... I use ArtMoney (has nothing to do with me) for years now, the Special Edition (free version) is sufficient. Allows memory editing, i.e. cheat diamonds...

http://www.artmoney.ru/e_download_se.htm

With ArtMoney you search the memory of the task FC2 for a known amount of diamonds (ie 10). Use "integer 4 bytes, exact value, all memory". Then go purchase the first gun 10-4=6. Then filter the search result "6" Then go to Mike's, finish the tutorial (talk to buddies) which enables the diamond in the hut close to Mike's and get that diamond (6+2=8) filter again, "8". Buy one upgrade 8-1=7 and filter "7". By now you should have only a handful of results (between 5 to 7 memory addresses. Now use the arrow icon ("add all") to move the results into the right part of the program window (ready to edit) Change every value to a reasonable amount, say 600, and check if the game has accepted the memory edit (should do). Then save the game... done. Careful never to exceed 900 diamonds, only the dev gods know why the game screws up if you exceed 900.
Please use at your own risk - I'm only telling you what I did, not that you should do the same ;)

Attention:

Update 21 January 2010: Read on first, then check out this post (here in this topic) -- I've tested a way you can cheat throughout the tutorial. You only need to disable unlimited ammo once, when you need to grab a syrette and heal yourself as part of the tutorial.

If you use cheats, please consider the following: You shouldn't use the unlimited ammo and godmode cheats until you have finished the tutorial. Else, you might get stuck (you need to be vulnerable so you can heal yourself as part of the tutorial - therefore no godmode. And careful, unlimited ammo also means unlimited syrettes... then you cannot pick up the syrette during the tutorial at your first base, once you escaped Pala, that means "play it again, Sam")

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Our member RedRaven (formerly known as dke58)
composed an additional topic regarding savegames featured
on our site. If you are interested, please click -> quick start saves

If you want to cheat and go straight to the savegame downloads, click here

;)

If you want to see a live merc vs merc war, using ignoreplayer, check this post: Merc War topic with savegame download
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

This is great Art - we're building a library of things that are useful fit here on our site - just great!  ;D

On another note - what about saved games? worthwhile? If so, we could consider uploading a few key percentage points, at least for the PC version.

JRD

I can provide plenty saved games...
Have over 1,500 of them... as Frank and Josip.
Will check best ones to upload, like at the prison right before the beginning of the Heart of Darkness or right after speaking wit Reuben at the lumber camp, when you have to choose between Mike's and the church.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Very good idea, offering savegames... nice one :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: JRD on April 18, 2009, 03:39:29 PM
I can provide plenty saved games...
Have over 1,500 of them... as Frank and Josip.
Will check best ones to upload, like at the prison right before the beginning of the Heart of Darkness or right after speaking wit Reuben at the lumber camp, when you have to choose between Mike's and the church.

Those are two excellent choices, and maybe a few of the problem points like the 73% corruption issue that has surfaced on other forums?  Another cool one would be collecting all the diamonds/tapes possible in Leboa without doing any missions - this one would be most difficult I would imagine, but think how useful that would be - someone could start a game with this save and have plenty of money to purchase anything they needed.

Art Blade

There is a way for diamonds (as money to buy weapons). You can simply use ArtMoney (has nothing to do with me) and edit your amount of diamonds, then save the game. Also, the trainer D_B uses (link is somewhere in the forum) provides an "add diamonds" feature.

PZ

Thanks for the recommendation - will certainly try it - hey that would be a great login identity: ArtMoney,

Kind of reminds me of the Clint Eastwood movie Unforgiven.

JRD

Good idea to provide a saved game with all diamonds... can be done with cheats, of course, but would be a nice challenge to do it the hard way ;D
Maybe on my next play...

.. now, the Unforgiven is a great movie!!
Clnt Eastwood is a great guy... love his w@&k....

Art Blade

When I started my 2nd through I wanted the weapons I already had in the 1st through. So I cheated diamonds and later used that weaps unlock cheat. I bought everything there was :)

Dweller_Benthos

-zombieai is another one, but not very usefull, the mercs just stand there, like, well, zombies.

One I wish I could get working is showaionmap or something like that. It would be cool to see the bots on the map as they go about their business. Never could get it to do anything that I could tell.

Here's the source for all FC2 cheats:

http://hawkeye.jnana.de/Far+Cry+2+Command+Line

Though there's supposed to be a noclip cheat that is separate from the trainer, but I've never found any info on it.

Oh yeah, timescale is one that's fun to fool around with, you can increase/decrease how fast time moves in the game. You can make the sun fly across the sky like you're sleeping while you're playing.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I can't wait to try some of these things - just checked my online order and the parts are being collected for shipping as I write - can't wait... can't wait...
;)

JRD

Soon PZ will be flooding the site with great pics and vids.... that's gonna be cool :D

PZ

Just checked, and the parts are on their way, I even have a tracking number!   :)

However, I'm probably going to ask some basic stupid kinds of questions because the last game I played on PC was the original Doom.  Things have changed remarkably since then...  :D

Art Blade

Quote from: JRD on April 21, 2009, 03:36:10 AM
Soon PZ will be flooding the site with great pics and vids.... that's gonna be cool :D

indeed! I'm chuckling already in anticipation of PZ trying out godmode1,reliability1,unlimitedammo1 and go on a rampage  :-*

Art Blade

edited the first post. Added advice and one command line.

Art Blade

Are there no cheats for PS3 and 360? Forgive my ignorance, but I have no idea :) I might as well rename the Subject, because until now it reads "all machines"...

If anyone knows anything worth for console players, please let us know :)

PZ

I'm not aware of anything we can use on the PS3, and xBox is probably the same.

Art Blade

pity.. but thanks PZ. I'll rename the topic. Else it seems I want to attract peeps here and they'd be disappointed.

Sorry about that, changing it now... :)

PZ

Hey, it doesn't matter... we're all friends here and we'll figure it out - I'm just glad that you started this thread - quite useful!

Art Blade

RedRaven

Hi, the UnlockAllWeapons cheat only unlocks those normally unlocked thru arms vendor missions, so it is down to the map your currently on, and only works AFTER exiting the church in pala (end of tutorial), tried many ways around it cos didnt want to buy any of the 3 weapons available as part of tutorial, so you have to spend either 4 or 6 diamonds on one.
also have tried to use the trainer but just got CTD everytime tried loading a save (does it require new game?)
if saves can be posted and used by others may be good to offer "Quick-start" saves- i.e. each character at each of the 4 areas after escaping Pala, or even after tutorial is complete.
Am willing to do some and post them, giving people a good start (difficulty can be changed by the player so its possible to fly thru them on easy setting)
tho not sure if DLC will affect things ?
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

thank you for your post, dke58. It made me edit the starting post (again) :)

Alright, you can't avoid spending your first 4 diamonds on the Makarov. Or any of those 3 weaps. The cheat unlocks the weapons AFTER your tutorial, so you best finish it first, by buying the weapon. You cannot get them "after church" hehe

I didn't use the trainer much, because savegames maintain changes you made with it, ie jumps etc. I didn't want to screw up those savegames.

you can alt-tab to desktop and restart the trainer after you loaded a savegame

Art Blade

Quote from: dke58 on May 10, 2009, 01:01:29 PMnot sure if DLC will affect things ?

D_B offered a savegame once, and he used DLC. I couldn't load it into the game (although it showed in the save games slot). A message stating it needed to be run on a machine with DLC installed popped up.

RedRaven

cheers, still, am prepared to collect some saves to post pre and post tutorial, will be with DLC at first, but can then w@&k on them without. if anyone would have use of them that is?
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I think that it would be a great idea to have an area with saved games for others to gain benefit from.  Let me create a couple of categories and then upload your favorites.  Because I'm still early in the use of the PC, I personally would appreciate having saved games that I could make use of for various parts of the game.

Tags:
🡱 🡳