Buddy Count

Started by Binnatics, September 22, 2011, 04:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Binnatics, hehehe, that made me almost feel sorry for you but well, I bet most of us got surprised by that late phone call at least once. It happened to me during my current playthrough (or at least while fooling around with savegames recently) that I too was thinking, "why doesn't anybody call me.. is it already that late in the game that I used them all up?" Stuff like that. And then came the call  :D :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

The buddy is just trying to be annoying  :-()

Art Blade

Hahaha, and I drilled his annoying ideas through his head with a .50 cal Desert Eagle  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on October 03, 2011, 10:46:55 AM
...is it already that late in the game that I used them all up?.

Can you use them all up?? You mean after 12 missions with buddies involved it stops? No more phonecalls? They just leave you on your own??!!! Screw them >:(( Kill, kill, kill >:D >:D

Andre and Nasreen are gone. I indeed 'used them all up' by now; 12/12 buddy missions done. Only Hakim is still alive. But he seems hard to meet. Playing hide and seek at Mike's.
Doesn't matter. I'll give it to him at Act 3 ^-^

By the way: I'm pretty on schedule for 100% completion. Did all buddy missions, all sidemissions, all diamond cases and guardposts, and I bet I also unlocked all safehouses. But I can't find that in the statistics. My safehouse is fully upgraded and I completed the predecessor mission. I'm not sure about the Jackal tapes. I found more then 9, but the counter keeps stuck on the ninth tape, the one where he tells about the small child looking old. All last tapes I found got that same message, telling about the poor kiddo. That confused me.  ????
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

This time, coming to the LZ, there were only 3 buddies waiting for me. I couldn't kill Hakim; he got locked away in the prison and there was no way of bailing him out or killing him when he was inside. I tried, of course, but the bullets simply wouldn't kill him. I only saw bloodsplatters come out of his head, down there in that prisoncell, but he kept alive.
Michelle and Paul were there as well. I killed them at Mike's bar during the attack, but desided to play the end of Leboa over and free the preacher. So I left them alive for then.
There was nobody to hand over the diamond case. It was just laying on the ground. When I picked it up, these 3 spawned and tried to kill me of course. That was a lot better then the 10 guys attacking me during my first playthrough. Even on easy that was really tough.

So now they're dead. I've had fun trying to kill them earlier in the game. It was also fun to do all their missions. Now that I've done them, I won't bother next playthrough. I'll kill them right when I find them >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

It is ironic that those of us that do our best to try to save every buddy are betrayed at the end.

Art Blade

Hehe :) The 9th tape with the kiddo, we referred to the boot, is a common glitch. We are pretty sure it was caused by the official 1.06 1.03 patch and it has never been fixed.

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on October 06, 2011, 11:27:52 AM
Hehe :) The 9th tape with the kiddo, we referred to the boot, is a common glitch. We are pretty sure it was caused by the official 1.06 patch and it has never been fixed.

So some of you do have experienced more then 9 tape messages? And noone can do that now? I still don't get it. I have just installed patch 1.03, the newest I could find, And earlier have allways been running on v. 1.02. So the 1.06 patch you're talking about, confuses me ????

Art Blade

sorry, I meant 1.03  :)

Before that we could listen to all tapes. Now you still collect all of them but you'll be stuck with #9 regarding what you hear when listening to them.

Binnatics

Also, when you go to the "jackal tapes" section in the menues, it will only show 9 tapes. Even if you've collected more of them. I've had the problem allready with the 1.02 'original' so it might have gone wrong from that patch on allready. Weird that they didn't refix it. :-\\

Tags:
🡱 🡳