First Aid Animations

Started by Zomby Woof, April 15, 2009, 08:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerZ

I've seen the bullet pop out of the elbow...  Bullet wound in elbow, grab forearm bend elbow straight, wiggle from the force, bullet pops out

retiredgord

Here's a new one to me, maybe to all.  I got caught in a firefight and tried to drive away. Well all the hits I was taken made me think to get under cover so I went offroad , into the bush.  Well I crashed and as I jumped out to heal  there's a crunch and when I'm on the ground there's a branch sticking out of my arm.  That was weird. Biggest HONKIN Sliver I ever saw. Jusst pulled it out like it ween't  anything special.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

KillerZ

Yeah I remember that one too.  The best place actually to see all of the FAA's is to play MP. When you heal in MP it is with the animations not the syrettes

PZ

Cool - I've never seen that one before  :-X

JRD

Roaven my man... you sure do know how to find interesting videos to post  :-X
A fine collection of snaping parts back in place... I never got many of those.
I also like the ending... all swearing a merc can say at once  ;D ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Roaven

So I do, So I do. Glad you enjoyed it.

PZ

Indeed, great snippets - got a chuckle out of some of those  :-X

Hacko

That was a great video, loved the ending too. ;D :-X

Art Blade

really, a nice find  :-X man, I had a fun curve from smiling over chuckling to laughing, increasingly so  ;D I kept thinking it was one guy who in real time had to do all those healing actions, in short order LOL
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

That's a hysterical clip, Roaven! Great find!  :-X :-X

Don't think I've seen any of the broken hand/finger ones before. Did see the matches one for the first time a coupla nights ago - ouch!
He's one tough hombre, he never makes a sound. Maybe his tongue got shot out. Or maybe it was hurting so he pulled it out.

TheStranger

Hi,

I'm playing on infamous and there are nearly no first aid animations - I guess because health is dropping too fast. I tested it and ran into a fire and died instantly - when the health indicator was on the blinking red bar on hardcore. It's a bit annoying cause I like playing on infamous due to the low ammo but I love the faa. Do you have also this "problem"? I used the forum search but didn't find anything.

Art Blade

What is "faa?"

I don't recall anyone mentioning missing first aid animations, at least not in this context (as in regarding it as a problem). We did discuss animations in general, though.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on August 23, 2011, 03:45:34 PM
What is "faa?"

I don't recall anyone mentioning missing first aid animations, at least not in this context (as in regarding it as a problem). We did discuss animations in general, though.

;)

As for missing faa, I never heard about that too... maybe you are just dieing so fast you don't even get to the point where you trigger an animation when trying to use a syrette... sorry if it's of no help, mate.

PZ

"faa" appears to be an acronym for first aid animations

I'm lucky to be able to play on normal so I don't die so much, so unfortunately I'm no help at all  :-()

Art Blade

Cheers, guys ("faa".. geez, I must be tired   :D :-() )

I'm very, very prone to using god mode in FC2 and usually I'm playing on easy.. so, like PZ, I'm not exactly an expert in this matter, either  :-D

mandru

As I recall the animations for first aid are interrupted (stopped cold) if you take a hit while you are trying to heal up.

More than once I've had to scramble several times in quick succession out of the merc's direct  line of fire as they are closing in on me to be able to use the heal option.  Every time the animation sequence would start I'd take another hit from a merc cutting off the animated segment and leaving me still unhealed.

The action of standing in a fire would also (I assume) cause you to take damage hits so rapidly that the animation sequences would never be able to initiate.  Now if you could get out of the fire once the last health marker has been impinged and try to heal you might get the animation but I think you may need to actually be in a combat situation for those FAAs to actually display.

I could be totally wrong as there's no science behind my opinion.  Just observation and a wonky memory.   :-D   
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

TheStranger

It's only a problem on infamous difficulty on all other difficulties I have the proper animations. The problem with the fire was, that it never reached the last bar, where I could usually put the fire out with the animation - it skipped the complete last bar - so it was instant death. That's ike in all other combat situations. I think the problem is that on infamous you lose too much health per hit, so that it never gets to the last bar which is a matter of fact. I'm in Act2 and had not one (possible) faa. So i switched on hardcore and voila I had the last red blinking bar. But then I thought it was very easy on hardcore compared to infamous, which is a bit of a pity, cause I liked playing on infamous but I love the faa so much :/ So now I'm playing on hardcore to have the animations in.

JRD

mandru has a good point there... FAAs are interrupted cold when you get another hit and being into the fire would cause the animation to be interrupted even before it could start.

If I remember correctly you can have an animation even when not under fire as I recall once after firing a M79 accidentally ( ::)) at a nearby rock or tree and getting injured, but not dead, enough to trigger a FAA.

Thgame won`t recognise a situation where you are under fire to trigger an animation. I once fell off a cliff and had my rescue buddy "saving" me by firing against the enemy and looking for cover after I get better  :D

TheStranger

When I was burning on hardcore I could put the fire out - the last bar was blinking red so I could start the animation. On infamous I instantly died before it came to the blinking part. So I think the damage done is too high on infamous.

I know the animation is interrupted when you get another hit but that's not the point. Because it works as it should on hardcore or lower difficulty levels but not on infamous - because you die before you could start the animation, and I'm very sure that's because of the high damage.

Art Blade

Sounds plausible.

You might want to test it: Grab a few grenades and go to a safehouse (so you can reload and repeat quickly). Then throw a grenade just far enough so you take damage. This will require a couple of tries because you can't predict precisely where the pineapples go off exactly so maybe an M-79 could do the trick a little better. The goal would be to injure (not kill) yourself on infamous without enemies interfering. Once you're injured, the FAA should kick in. See if you get at least one FAA :)

JRD

Or try falling from a not so high ledge. You can even measure how much energy you lose after falling the first time so you don't die the second time.

Tags:
🡱 🡳