FC2 revival (yet another playthrough)

Started by Art Blade, June 13, 2011, 02:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

Since we did the mod on the AR-16 it became my favorite companion, and now you made me want to go back to Africa again PZ,  I need to make a few adjustments to my rig then go to Africa  ;D

PZ

I'm greatly enjoying this latest foray, nex.  Even though I know just about every inch of the place, once I return to the game, I'm having a blast.

FC2 is in many ways tons better than FC3:

• I like Africa better than the islands
  • The sounds of the environment is better - animal, water, etc
  • Love the day night cycles, and sleeping that you can do in order to use the optimum attack time of day
  • The scenery is simply stunning - even now after significantly more advanced games have come about
  • The mercs are just great - I really enjoy their banter
  • There is an ambiance of loneliness as you trek through Africa with just about everyone being hostile - I like traveling alone.  This has not been achieved with FC3 - there is just something different with the sounds that makes it more immersive in FC2

I am doing the mission where you are to destroy the merc supplies in the desert, but I took the side mission to the Private house.  It was night time, and I equipped the silent AS-50.  I managed to take out at least half the mercs before anyone raised the alarm.  I'm not sure why it was so difficult to do so in the vanilla game - I formerly used the dart, and the mercs seemed to hear it about half the time.

fragger

Nice stories PZ :-X I must go back to Africa soon! I do miss the rich ambience, the beautiful lighting, the loquacious mercs, the realistic day/night cycle, etc etc etc...

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks fragger; with the mods installed, the game experience is quite different, and significantly changes how I do things.

nexor

Not just the almost true to life African environment the FC2 devs created with this game, but the gameplay and saving method of the game makes it in my opinion the best game ever developed.
One would think the FC3 devs would take note and copy that into their game, instead, typical to the human race, I-can-do-better-than-you,  my-game-is-better-than-your-game attitude and then they go and stuff it up big time.   >:((

PZ

I'm with you 100% nex; I understand that their efforts are to claim increasingly more market share and I really can't blame them for that.  However, it is a shame to gamers such as ourselves that there are so many of the "little kid" gamers that they are marketing to, and relatively few of us.

Tags:
🡱 🡳