Convey Ambush - Near the Polytechnic

Started by wexer9, February 01, 2010, 11:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wexer9

So the arms dealer hooks me up with a job today, take out a convey of one of his rivals. Says he'll have a couple new toys to play with if I do this favour for him. I agreed and set out to the perfect ambush location.

I'm lucky this arms dealer's got someone on the inside with his competition - he managed to have a tracker attached to the convoy I'm supposed to take out! I can follow the convoy's progress on my GPS.

Some stupid merc - a guy with sunglasses in a beaten up jalopy - provided me both the means to get to the ambush location. I sneak past a few guard posts under cover of the downpour of rain. Good, decreasing the visibility of the convoy can only be a good thing.

I arrive at the perfect spot, a convergence of four roads just south-east of the Polytechnic. I thankfully arrive ahead of the convoy, which gives me time to prepare. I attach an IED to my car, park it in the centre of the road, and place a second IED a bit further ahead. I could use the third IED to take out the last Assault Truck, but would rather save it for later on.

Anyway, along comes the convoy, with me hiding in the wet grass. The heavy downpour has not stopped yet. I wait until the vehicles are in place and - BOOM - mission accomplished. Only one Assault Truck remains.

The driver of the remaining patrol car sees me, swerving in an attempt to run over me. He misses, barely, but the SAW gunner has me pinned down. However, a quick grenade destroys the vehicle and gunner, but the driver managed to get away before the explosion.

I pop up, give him a burst from my Silent MP-5, and he goes down like a sack of potatoes. I begin to walk toward the next guard post, hoping to steal up a truck and get away without too much of a fuss.

[smg id=1924 align=center width=400]

And look - the sun's come out - it's going to be a beautiful day.

Art Blade

very good read, wex  :-X

I like the pic (and the caption) at the end, the icing of the cake   :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

fragger

Jim di Griz

They must have learned after that because they sudden changed tactics on me  :)

I pulled up in a big truck at the second four way junction, twenty metres or so further north east, the .50 ready as backup and my trusty crossbow lined up and ready - this was going to be a frontal assult!

Time drags, as it invariably does when waiting on your targets to come back around again. I checked the map a few times, realising after the third time that they had in fact stopped beside the lake.

Maybe making a drop off, so I waited a few more moments but they were still parked up in the same spot.

Miffed that they has decided to take a mid-morning break for some tea and jammy dodgers, I made for their position on foot...still checking the map in case they drove off, sticking their toungues out at me.

I popped up from the bushes above them, got a 'Whu...' to which I replied with a boom. Up goes the truck and mission complete. That didn't stop four of them opening up at me from ten metres away on my flank.

They had been waiting to ambush me, the swines!

Didn't get me though - took them all down as I furiously backpedalled and once they were all down, I went back and finished of their biscuits  ;)
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

Good one; I like that convoy mission, and those guys often take that break if they go around the loop a couple of times.  I guess they are trying to save a little gas in these expensive times. or they're being paid by the hour.  :-()

Art Blade

sweet :) Nice story. And indeed, they keep doing that, stopping for no apparent reason on the other side by the river. I remember I once had that wooden rocket launcher with me and sent a rocket over aiming flat which set everything on fire even on its way there, rendering everything a flaming hell. Not my problem, I thought, and watched the mission accomplished notification pop up and that put a smile on my face  ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

Great when a plan succeeds so spectacularly  :-X
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

PZ

Which reminds me - if you've not played as a "firebug" then it is highly recommended.  Once I played for quite a time with the flare pistol as my weapon of choice.  Fires in FC2 are excellent.

Jim di Griz

Good call PZ - I think I'll give that a shot. I already have the flamethrower which I want to try out as I had lots of diamonds and nothing I really needed - plus I have a plan for it.

PZ

Watch out for that RPG though - it'll light the grass around you!  :laugh:

Tags:
🡱 🡳