First walkthroughs on YT

Started by Art Blade, November 10, 2014, 03:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Playlist as code so the forum software doesn't prune the URL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1HwI-oGnzU&list=PL9MoLfABC7y7BUQXL_9KMpggNvVXELY2j

Assassin's Creed Unity Walkthrough part 1 PS4 Gameplay lets play playthrough - No Commentary
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Nice find, AB!  I'm going to watch with a Scotch and some pulled pork sandwiches this evening  :-X

Art Blade

Enjoy both your meal and the videos :)

Unfortunately it is already late here and my PC is still busy downloading the game from steam and the game is using up all the bandwidth so I can't really watch any of it right now.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Cool - kind of starts off like Total Recall

Art Blade

the old or the new film? They're quite different despite the same title and background. I like the old Total Recall with Arnold.. and who can forget the woman with those naked three.. erm..  8-X :-D

PZ

I didn't know there was a new one - I meant the old one. 

Not that it plays like the movie, it was just the first impression I got at the beginning of the video - more like it was an advertisement, and to tell you the truth, I'm not convinced it wasn't an advertisement!  :laugh:

Art Blade

PZ

WOW!  The in game graphics are remarkable!  I thought it was a cut scene at first, the graphics are so beautiful.  In fact, the only way you know it is not, is the HUD items on the screen.

This is going to be great, at least graphically  :-X

Art Blade

that's going to be my major issue -- hardware requirements. You're lucky with your console but wait until you consider it for your PC.

PZ

Yeah, I'm afraid that I will need too much investment.  :-\\

The game starts at about 56 minutes into the video with Arno on top of a synchronization spot when the Ubisoft credits appear.  I'm skimming the video, and am becoming alarmed at the number of cut scenes I'm encountering.  Maybe I just have bad fast forward luck.

Art Blade

:) If the story is good, like really good, I don't mind cutscenes at all. It probably needs some more of those at the start to fill you in.

PZ

I agree that it is nice to get the game started so you know all the back story, but after a while I lose interest, and don't even pay attention any longer.  It does make sense though, with a 55 gb game

PZ

One of the elements from AC3 and AC4 that I did not really like is also in AC5 - the alarm bells.  However, there is another feature from AC2 that I really like - the hidden areas with the huge machine puzzles that you need to navigate to get to your destination.  :-X

Movement through Paris is really good, and I have not seen any guards on the roof yet  :-X

PZ

???  I even see an element from FC3
Spoiler
remember the mushroom drug induced haze?  Welcome back - Arno is given a chalice of some kind of liquid to drink and enters a hallucinogenic state reminiscent of some of the old races in combination with the wild non-reality of too many drugs

Art Blade

PZ

Thank goodness it is only a few short minute race over crumbling walkways that reminds me of one of the last scenes on one of the Uncharted games.  You keep running as the ground crumbles beneath you.  I can already see it - I'll be restarting that sequence quite a few times in order to find the right path.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 10, 2014, 03:47:07 PMThe game starts at about 56 minutes into the video with Arno on top of a synchronization spot when the Ubisoft credits appear.  I'm skimming the video, and am becoming alarmed at the number of cut scenes I'm encountering.  Maybe I just have bad fast forward luck.

I watched the entire vid up until 57 minutes in. I'd say you did have some bad luck. There were a couple of cutscenes but without them, the game would have been just a mindless running-around. It is like a film, the cutscenes aren't too lengthy yet they convey background information so you know what is going on and why.

JRD

1h40m!

It's gonna take a while to watch!  ???
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tags:
🡱 🡳