Side missions in AC:R

Started by PZ, December 23, 2011, 10:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

While reading the in-game manual, I came across reference to "beat-up" and "courier" missions, yet I have not stumbled on anything like that in two plays through.  ????

Art Blade

in previous AC games you could find those missions by checking the map for respective icons. There was always a guy in that spot on the map to contact / trigger the mission.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yes, I remember, however in this game I don't see any extra icons, and there is nothing mentioned in the icon legend either.  I'll take a closer look now that I have almost all of the map opened and locations purchased.

Art Blade

maybe they just forgot to remove that entry from the manual.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

The beat up missions only show up on your local radar as a black "O".  There will be a local bully scattered throughout Constantinople trying to pick a fight with any passerby using inflammatory language like "I am the Pasha of punches and any who cross me will feel my wrath!" only if you get too close you are the only one he will come after.  Using empty hands punch the guy silly till he drops to his knees and pays you off with either cash or a bomb making material and then he will run away.   ;)

The Courier missions are used for the UBI Tax evasion achievement.  The Couriers from what I've been able to research are identical to the Templar messengers from AC:2 and as I've noted on another thread are rarely encountered but that isn't stopping me from searching for one.   >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Thanks mandru, very helpful!  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳