Started by Binnatics, October 29, 2011, 03:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

Here's some for a start:
[smg id=3771]
Cheers, nice a$$!!!

[smg id=3772]
Nice view :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

Cool pics mate :-X Except in that first one it looks like Lady Liberty is holding up a take-out coffee cup instead of a torch :-()

Is GTA IV a 1st or 3rd person game?

Art Blade

Nice pics :)

Fragger, it is a take-away cup hehe and you get various camera distances, 1st and 3rd person on foot and in vehicles possible :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Cheers :)

Heh, so it is a cup! Funny touch :-() I thought the torch might have been broken or something, like the Statue of Liberty in the original Deus Ex which had the head and torch hand blown off.

Art Blade

I think it's a plastic cup of a chain called Bean Machine which apparently is a spoof of Star*ucks and the liberty statue holding that is taking the Mick out of America's fast food culture.  :) There are two more chains in GTA IV, one is called Cluckin Bell (something like KFC) and Burger Shot (MickeyD) promoting one burger in particular, the heart stopper, which again is taking the Mick out of how healthy that stuff really is  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

This may not look spectacular at a first glance but check the rubber trails.. erm, skid marks, again. They were caused by me when I was driving at obviously very high speed and then losing it, I had originally intended to drive around a corner. Instead my bike turned so I skidded sideways (hence two separate skid marks that look like a car's skid marks) and I ended up slamming into that wall in the back. I restored myself and bike with a little cheat and went back to where I could take a nice screenie of those tremendously long skid marks to commemorate my remarkable driving skill.. err, accident  :-()

[smg id=3773 type=link align=center width=500 caption="GTA IV TBoGT 002"]

JRD

Both Clucking Bell and Burger Shot comes from GTA:SA (San Andreas, not South Afrika, nexor  ;D ) and all that banter on American culture is a trademark on the series!  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

:)

This here is after having incapacitated a combat helicopter which is about to crash. And yes, I'm on 6 stars there almost running out of ammo. Almost.. I happen to have the mobile number of an arms dealer who supplies me with ammo and weapons for free and the stuff is immediately accessible. The mobile phone entry for that kind of business he's running is marked "CHEATS" but I find it useful, trustworthy and reliable. :-D I may still die, though  :-() By the way, that happens a lot especially when I'm cheating weapons and ammo. Basically I almost always end up doing reckless car chases dropping explosives and about half an hour later I unavoidably get caught in my own traps and blow myself to kingdom come. :D :laugh:

[smg id=3774 type=link align=center width=500 caption="GTA IV TBoGT 003"]

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on October 29, 2011, 05:24:57 PMFragger, [...] you get various camera distances, 1st and 3rd person on foot and in vehicles possible :)

Actually, that is confusing. You don't have a FPS view while on foot but you do when in vehicles (if you are so inclined). The TPS POV is however quite unobtrusive when it comes to aiming, so I didn't even remember correctly that it actually was TPS rather than FPS when you shoot. Fist fights and knife stabbing are probably almost impossible without TPS POV.

Here a few pics to demonstrate various camera angles/views. Basically it's three steps (close, mid, far) and two special views: On foot with a firearm you can usually zoom in a bit and while in vehicles there's a different view, a cinematic camera that even allows slow motion view. The cinematic camera has perhaps 10 different angles and distances and switches through those randomly. You may influence that view by pushing the mouse around.

1) regular shooting perspective
[smg id=3776 type=link align=center width=500]
2) Zoomed in (varies depending on weapon)
[smg id=3777 type=link align=center width=500]
3) FPS view in car
[smg id=3778 type=link align=center width=500]
4) example of a cinematic view
[smg id=3779 type=link align=center width=500]

fragger

Thanks for the rundown, Art :)

I really like the look of this game, lighting and texturing appears to be near-photographic in the pics you've posted :-X

Art Blade

Welcome :)

And yes, the colours are almost natural and toned down, very rare occasions with bright stuff (neon signs perhaps). Shadows are believable, mostly -- don't let the game have several objects casting overlapping shadows hehe, that still doesn't look natural because of impossible light inlets between shadows.

Overall impression: excellent. It is believable and therefore very immersive :)

Art Blade

I think this one just looks cool. Luis (my character) is watching a crashing helo he's just shot down that came homing in on him at quite some speed -- that's why you see that long horizontal smoke trail. Near his left shoulder you can see police officers falling out of that helo. To his right you can see a structure which is for skate boarding (or motocross), a half pipe.

[smg id=3790 type=link align=center width=500 caption="GTA IV TBoGT 013"]

Binnatics

Did you save any of the pictures you shot when trying to fly on a bike with a little help of the helicopter rotor? I don't have any screenies taken of that session and neither have I access to my regular gaming rig now (it's in a testing lab). I'm quite curious ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

yes, I did

[smg id=3791 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=3792 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=3793 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=3794 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=3795 type=link align=center width=500]
[smg id=3796 type=link align=center width=500]

PZ

Art Blade

thanks :) It's a pity they don't show what the whole spectacle was like. Two of us rode our bikes to the top level of a four or five storey parking lot and there was a ramp (you can see that in the pics) which we used to jump into the rotor blades of a helicopter our third guy was piloting (mostly Binnatics). We jumped into the helo (the first time I jumped over it) and the rotor blades flung us across streets and houses. :)

Here is one more pic of a nice crossroads.

[smg id=3797 type=link align=center width=500 caption="GTA IV TBoGT 014"]

Binnatics

Great pics indeed.

Castielo: 'Ready?'
Binnatics: 'Yerp'
ArtBlade1: 'Yes'

^-^

and...
the comment in the corner of the screen that Castielo 'died' while you are facing the tarmac nose down and quite high ;)

Art Blade

the second pic shows a yellow dot to the right (Castielo) and the third pic a violet dot to the left (Binnatics), both to be seen on the horizon, which resemble their positions (still in the air and not exactly nearby). :)

Binnatics

Art Blade

The moment of truth.. the moment of the hand grenade. The moment of Art Blaze >:D

[smg id=3815 type=link align=center width=500 caption="GTA IV 030"]

fragger

Art Blade

Binnatics

Art Blade

Thank you :)

Current screenshot count of GTA IV is 9,592 (not counting EFLC which is 1,084)  :-D

Art Blade

End of a helo crew who wanted to mess with me.

[smg id=3816 type=link align=center width=500 caption="GTA IV 031"]

Tags:
🡱 🡳