This game is MASSIVE

Started by PZ, June 13, 2010, 09:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I'm at about 60% done with the game - mostly the main missions.  I'm currently working as a rancher with my wife and son - but have longed for the open road so I headed down to Mexico for some action.

Along the way, I've encountered two more strangers (which involve another set of side missions), and have set the stage for lots more action.  What's so cool is that you can start what appears to be any number of side missions, which can be in any state of completion, and go do other things - talk about true open world.  Even the timed events (which I usually dislike) are lots of fun because they are not ridiculously difficult to complete.

I've traveled between New Austin, the Great Plains, and Mexico many times now, just for the change of scenery, and all my missions are exactly as I left them.  While I can fast travel to locations, it is just plain fun to ride to a location to see any number of side missions appear along the way.  I even hopped on top of a train car to take a scenic ride through the western countryside.

The icing on the cake was when I discovered that I can replay any of the missions I've already completed to "relive" some of the fun.  It sure looks like the developers have thought out the game very well.

What a great game.  :-X

tehsam016

I agree, it's definitely one of the best (if not the best) game Rockstar has ever made. I thought they couldn't possibly top GTAIV but i'm proven wrong every time i pop this baby in. I also love the relive a mission feature as some of them are really fun. My favorite is probably when you first go down into Mexico through the river as bandits attack you from the sides of the ridges.

spaceboy

I just did the gatling gun from the train mission for Allende.  I'd like to do that one again.  I still haven't finished the story missions but I think I'm closing in on the end story.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I like the Gatling gun mission as well, but there are so many that I'd like to repeat, the list is quite long  ;D

Nice avatar, space  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳