Favorite weapon load out

Started by PZ, December 10, 2012, 07:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

In MP the BZ19 is really too popular, probably because of its overpowered specs. Although the specs between MP and SP differ, I do believe it keeps some of its marvellous specs in SP. I think the biggest difference between SP and MP according to SMG's is the hipfire aim-assistance. Which makes all men run around like idiots using their BZ19's as if it were fire hoses :-D

Like Art, I do prefer the MP5 because of its accuracy. When the range isn't too big, it's as accurate as the F1.

Btw, I have changed the F1 for the Bushman as my favourite Assault rifle. I can use the same bursts as the F1 gives me, and when in desperate need of some extra bullets, I can still empty my mag in a single go. The other reason why I chose to use the bushman now, is the fact that I got used to the marksman sight. First, I found it blocking my overall view, but that's something I got used to. Now it doesn't bother me anymore and I love the extra accuracy ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I've been a fan of the marksman sight since I first saw it :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Is the difference between the different types of sights actually a physical improvement or based on the developers preferences?

In other words if I prefer one type of sight over another will my accuracy be better than if I go with the one the game makers rated higher or does the weapon actually become silly stupid because I picked the wrong sight?  :-D

When I compare options the optical sights are rated highest among the varieties available when modifying my weapon's add ons but there are times in certain lighting conditions or if I've got a lot of smoke coming off the barrel from heavy usage that my accuracy drops because I can't see clearly to access my target.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

in the unmodded Single Player game there don't seem to be any differences between different sights other than how the crosshairs look. If you can't hit a target, those sights won't change that  :-D

Besides, who gives a flying fart about accuracy as long as you manage to kill. Spending one bullet or a hundred bullets.. dead is dead  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Quote from: Art Blade on April 30, 2013, 11:53:24 AM
Besides, who gives a flying fart about accuracy as long as you manage to kill. Spending one bullet or a hundred bullets.. dead is dead  :-()

:laugh:

There is that but you know even when I'm using the command line cheats I do try to conserve my shots and have learned to automatically swap out magazines every time there's even the slightest slack moment so that I'm not caught by an awkward reload during close quarters combat.  I hate being knocked to the ground.  Rather embarrassing that, even if I'm the only one to see it.  ;)

True, it's a minor matter of form but assists in my immersion quality.  :-D
- mandru

Art Blade

fragger

This seemed like as good a place as any to post this.

I've been looking high and low online and as far as I can tell, the flamethrower in FC3 ("Flammenwerfer") has never existed in reality - that is, not the way it's depicted in the game. There were several models of Flammenwerfer over the years but they were all of the back-mounted tank variety, with a hose connecting the tanks to the nozzle. The one in FC3 is probably the only fully fanciful weapon in the game. All the other weapons are at least semi-realistic.

Btw, did you know that there was once a super-elite Aussie flamethrower unit during the war?

Spoiler

They were known as the "Flaming Skippies".
[smg id=6546 width=600]

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

:-D that skippy should have taken care of its hind feet and tail-end. Looking rather charred  :-()

By the way, do you know what "skippie(s)" stands for?

Spoiler
School Kid(s) with Income and Purchase Power. We're talking marketing and economy. It's a billion-dollar market.

TheStranger

This page is really interesting if you want to know more about the weapons in games or movies:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Far_Cry_3

Some pictures are have also very funny descriptions:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/fa/FC3-MP5-2.jpg/600px-FC3-MP5-2.jpg

Jason holds an MP5N with a reflex sight, suppressor and the "old school" paint scheme as he discovers the dreaded carnivorous shoes have killed again.

PZ

Good links!  There appears to be much interesting back story  :-X

Art Blade

+1 :-X, Stranger, I haven't finished reading yet. Very interesting and, I didn't know that site existed. Thanks :)

Art Blade

Quote from: TheStranger on December 14, 2013, 08:24:55 AMSome pictures are have also very funny descriptions

indeed. :) I like the pic in which you see Jason reloading a shotgun while in the background something is blowing up in a ball of fire, "Having escaped the perils of giant evil lizards, Jason operates the action of his Model 1887 as he gives his beached jetski a proper Viking funeral." :laugh: :-X

mandru

+1 from me too.  :-X

It was an interesting and amusing read.  The line "Jason uses the scope of his Z93 as he sights up a man who is excited at discovering an underground deposit of jam." gave me a good chuckle. :-D
- mandru

Art Blade

yes, I noted that one, too :) I was surprised at how many ways they found to turn a screenshot caption into something funny. Also the running gag of Jason trying to figure out how to set stuff on fire was funny as well as the other running gag about empty magazines and rounds getting replaced with more empty rounds and magazines :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳