Modding tools

Started by gibbed, September 11, 2011, 05:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

nexor

shelmez all the guys are waiting to hear what you think of my greeting to you in Russian     :-D

Art Blade

I'm more interested in how you're going to explain it if he doesn't return. Ever.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

shelmez

My friend Nexor, your Russian language almost perfect :) At first I could not believe my eyes :) Then I thought that you're a Russian spy, who long ago left his native land:) Of course it was great to see my Russian brother:) I often think of my mother, who as a child I was forced to learn English, but I was a bully and not listened to it, as is now much regret :) Thank Nexor,Art Blade,PZ and all the other guys that I thank you warmly welcomed here! Your Dr.Shelmez Malariago:)
rascal, womanizer and eater of pigs))))

TheStranger

Oh a new face in the forum!  :)

Welcome and kudos for your finding in the other thread. :-X
I too would want to change the clip size of some weapons, but didn't find it out.

nexor

shelmez, you are most welcome my friend   :-))

nexor

Quote from: Art Blade on December 12, 2011, 12:25:00 PM
I'm more interested in how you're going to explain it if he doesn't return. Ever.  :-D

:angel:   
Spoiler
:lol

shelmez

Thank you my friend Nexor for great beer :-X, when you will come in Russia, we will drink only  Russian vodka :)

TheStranger

Sry but I have to make that joke since it came suddenly to my mind:

In Russia you don't play Far Cry - Far Cry plays you!

(But not only in Russia  ;D)

nexor

Quote from: shelmez on December 14, 2011, 01:32:26 AM
when you will come in Russia, we will drink only  Russian vodka :)

I prefer Vodka over any other drink, here in South Africa we have many brands of Vodka, my number one choice is Count Pushkin Imperial Vodka, my second choice is Smirnoff...  :-D

I like "FarCry plays you"        :laugh: :-X

fragger

It's been playing me for about two and a half years now ;D

nexor

That's for sure, I had just completed a play through when shelmez came up with the malaria fix, guess what? I started a new one       :-D

I'd love to add more rounds to the M16 mag, 30 rounds is just not enough since the 3 round burst was modded, it became one of my favourites and is the ideal weapon in stopping an assault jeep

shelmez

You're a real mercenary Nexor and hunter for skulls  :) I also want to increase the number of rounds in the weapon, but so far it is not possible, many options are closed. We need to pray to  Mr. Gibbed that he refined his program. I think he's a genius, and he will help us, keep it God :) And in general I am very disappointed Ubisoft that did not give the fans of this game SDK. After all, it would give a second life to this  beautiful game.

Art Blade

it is indeed completely incomprehensible why some members of the game industry deprive players of a) screenshot functions, b) unlimited save games, and c) modding ability.

PZ

Indeed - but the developers are probably trying to make us "hungry" for new titles rather than have us keep playing one of their classic games.

Binnatics

Better late then never: Welcome Shelmez! I see you like vodka. My favourite brand is Moskovskaya (don't know if the spelling is correct). Taste is so smooth that you don't realize you drink liquor... which can be a downside to this wonderful drink as well :angel:

Btw, I should really get into modding a bit, since all new members are busy with that ;) Good thing 'cause I just planned a new play through  ^-^ I might check out that lawn mower :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

TheFishlord

Hey everybody, the possibility of modding FC2 has rekindled my interest in the game, if I can figure it out I'm going to make  a "realistic play" pack that edits all the weapons a bit...

But I'm stuck at the very beginning. I read everything and some of the fixes on the first page, but something's not working. I have a "modding" folder in my FC2 main folder, it has bootstrap.bat, "tools" folder and the readme there, but when I try to execute the .bat, I get this error:

Your patch.fat doesn't seem to have generated\entitylibrarypatchoverride.fcb in
it! Bootstraip failed.
Press any key to continue . . .

Any ideas what could be causing this?

PZ

Off hand I do not recall ever seeing a message like that, but I'll check my folder structure for possible hints.  That's great that you have newly found interest in the game - I had tons of fun modding the weapons I like.  Only one think I'd mention for what it's worth - if you mod a weapon that the mercs can carry, they will have the same abilities that you have when using the same weapon.  :-()

TheFishlord

Well, I'll try a reinstall tomorrow morning and see if that fixes anything.

PZ

As I recall, I had to read the instructions very carefully to ensure that I had set the stage properly before running the installation utility.

The file you mentioned earlier is in the following path on my computer:

Program Files x86\Ubisoft\Far Cry 2\modding\mypatch\generated\entitylibrarypatchoverride.fcb

As I recall, I actually had to create one of those folders manually, but I don't remember which one.

Art Blade

I am not sure about this but I think this error occurs when you screw up the syntax (i.e. use wrong commands) which might be something as simple as a missing quotation mark or one too many.

PZ

Your new avatar reminds me of my wife's poodle - always licking something.  :-()

Art Blade

^-^

I just hope he doesn't leave a glowing trail like my avatar where he slid his tongue across  :-D

shelmez

Quote from: PZ on February 04, 2012, 12:57:07 PM
Your new avatar reminds me of my wife's poodle - always licking something.  :-()
:-X :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳