Disable Windows Live

Started by PZ, November 06, 2009, 11:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Evidently Games for Windows Live causes issues with Fallout 3.  It slows startup, and causes patch updates to fail.  Your options are to install the latest version of Games for Windows Live or to disable it altogether.

This is the link for instructions to disable Live

This is the link to get Games for Windows Live 3.0

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

My pleasure - I disabled Live and it even removes the link from the FO3 menu - game starts faster, and even seems to be a bit more stable.

Art Blade

I've never patched the game until today. Got the 1.7 English (US) patch, installed it over my vanilla 1.0.0.12, and done. NOW the Live! doesn't start, I can play, and I didn't have to use the Live!-disabler  ;D  ;D ;D

The 1.7 looks better for some reason, the gfx is crisper. Maybe because my tweaks in the fallout.ini w@&k for the first time hehe ;) Now my companions follow me into locations, especially into the Underground HideOut, even when teleporting.  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

I remember having to patch before the game would even start, as there was some Windows files not present; Live no doubt. Anywho, it patched to 1.7, and i've never seen anything to do with Live on start up. I also found out that if you hit the esc key during the first "Please Stand By" loading screen, it skips right to the final screen with the menu display.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

cheers, Ricamundo :) This keeps getting better and better  :-X

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 15, 2009, 06:01:49 AM
cheers, Ricamundo :) This keeps getting better and better  :-X

I'd agree wholeheartedly with that!

Tags:
🡱 🡳