Battlefield Hardline

Started by nexor, January 25, 2017, 05:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nexor

OWGKID

Basically the militaristic BF series reskinned with a police vs robbers theme...
LEGACY

nexor

Yes, that's what it looks like according to the gameplay clip.
Due to past experience a gameplay clip is very misleading, it looks good and only after playing the game you find out the game isn't what you hoped for.
I have a few of those amongst my collection    :-\\

I was hoping someone here actualy played the game or have some info on it

Binnatics

I don't know Nex, be careful I'd say. I myself am thinking about buying Battlefield 1. That seems to be a masterpiece of the series, and reviews are very positive :) :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

Being a WW1 game, I would call it a refreshing setting. I played the beta last year and it was very fun.
LEGACY

nexor

It's a damn site cheaper than Battlefield 1 Binn,  ZAR250.00 compared to ZAR1000.00 for Battlefield 1

nexor

Purchased the game.
Five installation disks and then a download of 12GB at average 500KB/sec  ???

Binnatics

Did you buy BF1 or BF Hardline?
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

BF Hardline. BF1 is way too expensive, will never pay ZAR1000.00 for a game  :o
I also think my graphics card will suffer a bit, I can upgrade the card without any changes to my rig though, the cards is also a bit expensive specially with the ZAR/Dollar exchange rate.
And another thing, my skin takes a while to heal and I don't like donating blood, which would be the case if I buy a new card and mrs nex finds out    >:D 8-X

OWGKID

BF1 standard edition costs 299 NOK here (40% off) or ZAR 482 ;)
LEGACY

fragger

Good luck with the game nex :) Let us know how it goes. And yeah, don't tick off the boss 8-X

I was getting quite interested in BF1, then I began to have my doubts. It seems that unless you intend to go multiplayer with it, it isn't a whole lot of chop. I've been reading that the single-player mode is quite short, with a lot of script-driven sequences thrown in like having to repair a tank while holding off hordes of enemies, being put into a biplane and having to dogfight, and other heavily-scripted, linear CoD-style scenarios. Overly-done stuff, in other words. Only the MP game appears to provide relatively authentic, open-ended WW1-era combat.

So you probably saved yourself some hair as well as some ZAR, nex :-D

I watched some clips on Youtube. The MP game looks incredible and brutally authentic - but it's MP, which to me translates as an express ticket to trollsville with camping spawn-area snipers and other infuriating snotty-nosed brat behaviour. No thanks.

nexor

Agree with you fragger, I don't like MP either. And the way things look now MP is where the money lies, every snotty-nosed brat doen't want to do anything else but play with and against other snotty-nosed brats online.

Binnatics

I like to kill snotty-nosed brats I guess :-D

I heard that, although the SP campaign is indeed not the #1 focus, it is relatively long and gives a very well impression of the brutal, endless and horrifying experience it must've been being a WW1 soldier. However, I haven't seen for myself, but at least there's some serious positive reviews over the SP aspect of the game.
Though I would definitely not buy the game if it was for SP only. BF's core is MP.

fragger

True, the BF franchise has always been oriented towards MP, it's the nature of the beast. I think I've still got the old BF 1942 laying around somewhere.

nexor

I still have mine fragger, it was the second WWII game I bought. The first one was Deadly Dozen developed by Infograms.
Recommended Requirements:
Win 95/98
Pentium II 300Mhz
256MB Ram
Direct3D 8.0 compatible video card with 32MB VRAM

Binnatics

PZ

I love the idea of WWII game as a theme, but dislike MP like many of you gents. The last WWII game I liked was a linear one: Band of Brothers: Hells Highway. Even though it was linear, I enjoyed it completely, and played it through at least twice.  I might play through again one of these days, especially because my failing memory will inerpret it as a brand new experience  :-()

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on January 29, 2017, 08:57:38 AMinerpret

your keyboard's T is partially failing which is easier to fix than a partially failing memory  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:-D

I'm using a Suface Pro with it's tiny keyboard - I have always disliked laptop keyboards  :D

nexor

Quote from: Binnatics on January 29, 2017, 03:55:10 AM
Good ol' days :angel:
And what I liked most about those games, it takes 15-20 min to install and to begin playing.

OWGKID

Those game neither had day 1 DLC's/patches and microtransactions that makes up todays games. I don't believe any game back than was broken a la AC: Unity, Dishonoured, No Man's Sky etc on launch.
LEGACY

Binnatics

Just like the evolution in train tickets for example:
Back in the days you could buy a single, or a double. Keep it with you, in case there's a control. Simple, straight product.
Nowadays you have to own a (preferably personal) Public Transport Chip Card, with sufficient value on it, you have to make sure you 'check-in' through the corresponding ports of the transporter-company who handles your journey, keep that card with you, leave the station using the same set of ports to 'check-out' and in case you will be switching companies repeat all the above. Whenever you check-out, make sure the amount of money being withdrawn is corresponding the journey you've made, or you'll end up in a the row of dump people who have to reclaim excessive payments by any of said companies. And if you do that, make sure you take the right row, or you'll have to do the waiting twice.

Am I old fashioned now?
(;\

OWGKID

Interesting. Well, I guess publishers are more busy getting the sweet $$ out of the customers rather than giving out quality products 8-X I really miss the old games from the PS2 era.
LEGACY

fragger

I believe they call that "progress", nex ::) :-D

There's a similar thing here - well, in the cities, anyway - called the Opal Card. For a while you still had the option of paying cash for an old-fashioned one-off ticket, but they phased that out. Now it's the Opal Card or you don't ride. I'm glad I don't live in the city anymore. A card system might be okay if you're a regular user of public transport, but if it's a one-off thing, you have to go through all the hassle of getting an Opal Card and populating it with dough, or however the damned things w@&k.

A month or so ago when my eye infection flared up I had to take a bus into town to see the eye doctor (I couldn't drive as the steroid drops I was on make my eye blurry). This was the first time I'd used public transport since I moved here. I was pleasantly surprised not only by the fact that there was no chip-card system of any sort in place (I just paid cash) but by the condition of the bus - it was immaculate, air-conditioned and very comfortable. There were four passengers, including me. If it was back in Sydney, I would have had to get a bloody Opal Card, get it set up and ride on a bus full of people (probably having to stand), all for one single return trip, and I would probably never use the card again.

It's a twelve kilometre trip each way into town, and I enjoyed it tremendously. It was nice for someone else to be doing the driving. I usually don't get to rubberneck along the way, I'm too busy watching the road. I saw all sorts of stuff I hadn't noticed before 8)

The other thing that irks me about the Opal Card is the same thing that always annoys me about such things - they put people out of w@&k. Same story in the supermarket. I refuse to use the self-serve counters in those, on principle. I always go to a checkout with a person manning it, and way more often than not, I actually get through quicker than the people on the self-serve checkouts do. I like to think I'm helping someone to stay in a job.

Binnatics

Quote from: fragger on February 01, 2017, 03:36:19 AM
...I saw all sorts of stuff I hadn't noticed before 8)...

Maybe because you blurred your vision with steroid drops? :angel:
The name is Binn btw ;)
:-D

Well, that Opal Card sounds exactly the same as our chip card here. You even have to pay for the card itself. Once you have it, every company demands a minimum of dough, varying on their average ticket cost I guess. Some use €10, others €20. And buses usually €4. Anyway, my last experience with said access gates was so wrong, it's becoming hilarious. I took the train from the town I was back to my home town. A trip that will cost €6,20. Accidentally I entered the station using a gate for company B, while I would use company A for my trip. How would I know?
Company B automatically charged me with the minimum of €10 for their services. When I left the train station in my home town, the only option I was given were gates of company A. There is no connection between the services of company B in our train station, so that makes sense. However, now Company A charged me €20 being the minimum for their services, and since for both companies there was a lack of check-out (or -in) there was no time to settle things and I was charged a total of €30 for a €6.20 trip.
Now I had to contact two companies to get my money back. One company deposited the €10 back into my chip card, the other company ensured me that they would return the €13.80 I had paid too much into my bank account. I had to make 2 trips back to the train station plus a phone call to settle things, and that was after I accidentally found out what had happened. If I had been too ignorant to notice the sudden difference in dough on my chip card I would have never gotten anything back. :angry-new:

Tags:
🡱 🡳