Dude, where's my gun?

Started by fragger, March 03, 2011, 07:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Dunno if anyone else has seen this one. I was being chased in my GLAT by the .50 cal AT patrol south of Sepoko and they were hammering me from behind. I jumped onto the grenade launcher but just as I'd swivelled it all the way around they nailed me. I think...

[smg id=3141 align=center width=400]

The launcher vanished and I was left holding air. Not only that, I was frozen in place like this and couldn't move, not even to twiddle my idle thumbs. I didn't get a death sequence, i.e. no blackout, nor did my rescue buddy appear. The game hadn't hung however, as I watched the mercs turn their AT around and nonchalantly drive away, leaving me stuck there like a fly in amber. I had no choice but to reload – fortunately I'd only just saved a minute before.

mandru

Hey!  I recognize that!  :)   It's the international sign language for invisible handcuffs.   >:D

Thanks for posting this genuine bit of weirdness and the story behind it fragger.  It gave me  a good laugh.  :-X

A discovery like this, with all the hours we've spent rummaging through the game is well worth a slap on the back.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Quote from: mandru  on March 03, 2011, 07:30:06 AM
Hey!  I recognize that!  :)   It's the international sign language for invisible handcuffs.   >:D

^+-+

Thanks for the gong, mandru :) I too am impressed that FC2 can still surprise after all this time, even if the surprise is a rude one :-() :-X

mandru

- mandru

PZ

Now you can walk around pretending to take pictures with your pretend camera - heck of a way to capture screenies.  :-()

mandru

- mandru

fragger

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳