FC2 mission-kill Seth Uniya

Started by PZ, November 06, 2014, 08:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Lots of new attack sniper sppots illustrated in this album: Google album

The mission: kill Seth at the Polytechnic.  My buddy wants me to go to Sepoko and pick up some documents.  Continuing playing the modded game, I found a new high point from which to attack the guard post with the railroad track running through the center (the one on the way to Polytechnic)

Then off to Sepoko via my usual route on the far eastern side of the map.  There is a valley with a high fence you normally cannot pass - you can see the desert to the east, but can't go through, which would be a perfect place to attack Sepoko from the east.  However, using the high jump, I was able to navigate past the fence, sneak up on the area from the east, and even find a really high rock from which to snipe just about everyone.  The rocket man cannot even see me from his position.

Then off to Sepoko.  I found another high spot (like the one fragger found) that is not normally accessible, but is with careful high jumping specific rocks.  Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB-8aCMgkpw#ws

nexor

Geeze PZ.........  how many molotovs do you carry?   ???  :-D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: nexor on November 06, 2014, 08:39:23 AM
Geeze PZ.........  how many molotovs do you carry?   ???  :-D

I'm a strong guy in the game - 65 Molotovs and 65 grenades.

nexor

Damn.......... with all that you don't even have to fire a single shot, it's raining "grenatovs"   :-D

PZ

:laugh: :-X

True; I did not need to rain bullets on too many of them - the fire took care of most everyone.  Next time I'll try grenades in addition to Molotovs to see if I can kill the entire area using only those two munitions.  >:D

Art Blade

grenades are a better bet because mercs won't shy away from them. With a molotov, they'd go, "fire, fire, we've got a wildfire coming in," yet they'd either back away from it or sit tight and stare at the fire until it's out. With a grenade, they'd go, "watch out, grenade up ahead" (if they manage to finish that sentence, that is) and just blow up.  :-D Well, sometimes they do run away from a grenade but if you shoot one of them with a silenced weapon such as the 6p9 before it blows up, everyone will stop in their tracks and then blow up just nice.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

:laugh:  I remember you posting that technique a long time ago - haven't tried it yet.  However, first I think I'll throw the Molotovs because I like to see what they do.  Then a grenade chaser should do the trick.  >:D

Art Blade

nexor

I think I could do with that mod....................  :angel:  >:D

fragger

Quote from: PZ on November 06, 2014, 11:05:36 AM
I'm a strong guy in the game - 65 Molotovs and 65 grenades.

Deep pockets indeed :laugh:

PZ

Quote from: nexor on November 06, 2014, 11:53:38 PM
I think I could do with that mod....................  :angel:  >:D

It's in the downloads if you ever want to try it  >:D

Only downside is that it only had a 30 round magazine for the AR-16

nexor

Thanks PZ, will go take a look   :-X

PZ

I've forgotten all of what it does, but Art is helping me remember, and playing in-game also helps.  The following covers most if not all of what it does:

• Silent AS-50, longer range, 145 round ammo belt with (upgrade).  The AS-50 was also moved from primary to special weapon slot so you can still use your favorite primary
  • 6P9 - single shot kill to the torso - 150 round ammo belt (with upgrade)
  • AR-16 - full auto - 450 round ammo belt (with upgrade)
  • Vibrant color mod
  • High jump - you can now jump onto building rootops, and gain access to high spots in the rocks above areas
  • Stamina - you are no longer a couch potato that runs out of energy after running 20 feet
  • Everything at the weapon dealer is available from the start, and each item only costs one diamond
  • 65 grenades and 65 Molotovs (with upgrade)

Art Blade

- it's without the vibrant colour mod

- but it does ramp up your reputation some time soon after you start, probably after the first faction mission. I checked my start savegame (rep 0) so that rep5 hit me way too early by comparison, I was still in Pala.

- it also completely rids you of malaria (except the scripted fits)

PZ

I have some kind of color mod - might not be the one called "vibrant color", but it is certainly vibrant color on my screen

I don't think my rep is rising, because I'm in Bowa and the mercs still treat me with disrespect.  ????

Good to know about malaria - I don't really like that aspect of the game  :-X

Art Blade

I think your vibrant colours are not modded within the patch.dat/.fat but are a result of something called SweetFX or FX injector or something similar which works for various games and needs to be copied into the game folder.

hehe, respect and reputation.. I think modding it the way this mod does, doesn't change what the mercs think of you. As far as I can tell, my rep5 is worth some rep1 or 2. I also believe that the game tells those mercs what to say and do depending on your story progression, not on the rep shown in the journal, because I recall mercs telling stories to one another that were related to your recent deeds which again were related to the main mission.

However your mod really cures malaria  :-() Which is amazing. One of the most annoying "perks" of this game was the constant "need" for malaria fits.

PZ

fragger

Having a malaria attack in the middle of a firefight is a major bummer :D

Art Blade

I once had a malaria attack while drowning and being shot at.

fragger

??? :-D That's a definite triple-whammy :-()

Art Blade

Art Blade

just an update: with PZ's mod and a fresh playthrough using it, I just had my first "random" (as opposed to scripted) malaria attack 50% game completion and 8.5* hours into the game. Happened near Mosate and I took my LAST pill without an underground mission pending. Remember, I skipped that last underground mission. Hehe, let's see what happens next.  :-()

*correction: 18.5 hours

Art Blade

I decided to go back to a previous savegame because I haven't done any arms dealer missions and they get cancelled out once you're in the South -- that's why you get to see the message "new weapons available" which I always found awkward; now I know that it can make sense.

PZ

Good find  :-X

Let us know how the malaria thing turns out.  I'm still using old saved games, particularly one at 4%, which is the point where you exit the Church after completing the initial tutorial missions.  I have not tried a completely fresh start.

Tags:
🡱 🡳