FC3: Just arrived on Rook Island...

Started by B33 ENN, December 28, 2012, 07:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B33 ENN

Quote from: Art Blade on December 30, 2012, 12:08:59 PM...Same goes for menus, like he said, I wish I had a shortcut for crafting. I also wish I had several sort options for the loot rucksack. Some that make sense for a change. For example, show me all blue leaves and count them, show all tiger skins and count them.. and the ability to mark individual items or groups of items for a bundle sell/discard....

Do these keys w@&k as follows on yours:

F1 = Syringe crafting
F2 = Skill allocation
F3 = Loot Rucksack
F4 = Game Progress
F5 = Survival Guide

?
"Do your mother a favour, buy a Lance & Ferman Military Laser."

fragger

I have noticed that the sky won't change while you're watching it, unlike FC2's dynamic ever-changing fractal cloud system and its moving sun. You could literally watch the sun rise, move across the sky and set in that game, and you could even see the shadows creeping across the ground accordingly.

Just to note also that the stars in FC3's night sky aren't astronomically correct. The only recognisable constellations I can see are Taurus, part of Orion and The Pleiades star cluster. Even then, I saw them in one part of the night sky but when I turned around 180 degrees, the same constellations were above the opposite horizon as well. Since then I've noticed that there are multiple copies of all three constellations in the night sky, and the rest of the stars don't correspond to anything I can recognise. FC2 had a roughly astronomically-correct sky that showed the Milky Way, the Southern Cross, Centaurus, Carina, Sagittarius, Scorpius and others, all in their correct positions relative to the compass points (for a summer's night in a near-equatorial location) and to each other.

The day sky in FC3 isn't dynamic. The clouds are not fractally generated but appear to be parallaxed photos that are subtly switched over time, when you're not looking. It does look great though, I'll give them that :-X

I agree that the day/night cycle is way too fast in FC3.

@B33 ENN, I'll try out those function keys next time I'm in the game, cheers :)

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳