Gran Turismo 6

Started by Jim di Griz, May 18, 2013, 10:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim di Griz

The beast will be here during the Christmas holidays 2013...

Gran Turismo 6 Announcement Trailer

QuoteCars featured on the GT6 Silverstone demo (* denotes new to Gran Turismo):
Acura NSX '91
*Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
*Alpine A110 1600S '68
*Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car '86
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
*Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
Ford GT '06
*KTM X-BOW R '12
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74
*Light Car Company Rocket '07
McLaren MP4-12C '10
*Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11
Nissan 370Z (Z34) (GT Academy Version) '08
Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '08
Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy Version) '12
*Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version)
*Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance '12
Toyota 86 GT '12

Summary of new Gran Turismo 6 features announced by Kazunori Yamauchi:
New Game Engine
• Refactoring
• Compact, nimble operation
• Flexible expandability
• A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3

New Physics Engine
• New suspension and kinematics model
• New tyre model
• New aerodynamics model
• Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive

1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
• Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
• Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.
• Cars will be continually added online

33 locations, 71 layouts
• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
• More new tracks will continue to be provided online

New Course Maker
• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
• A new course generation algorithm

Community/Club/Race Organizer
• Players can form their own communities
• Various community levels from local and domestic to global
• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

New User Interface
• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
• Quick response
• Shortening of loading times

Multi Device Compatibility
• PlayStation®
• Smart Phone
• Tablet
• PC

At the same time as the PS3 version of GT6 the "Real Driving Simulator" launches, a mobile version and web application version of GT6, will be created to enjoy Gran Turismo's massive community space.

Real/Virtual "Edge Effect" Activity
A variety of "Edge Effects", the chemical reactions between the real world and the virtual world for which the Gran Turismo series is famous, are also planned for GT6. Exciting collaborations between various automotive manufacturers and collaborations with brands crossing different industries will be revealed gradually across the next six months.

Full details so far

Of course at E3 more details will be forthcoming and in July the new GT Academy competition will provide a GT6 demo.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

*sigh*

looks great  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Jim di Griz

Yeah, I know...but you wouldn't believe the amount of ranting going on already on GTPlanet.

I'll be sure to post up some pretty pics once the game hoves into view. We'll be able to do far more in photomode than previously, including Photo Travel being accessible for all cars, not just the premium models.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge

Jim di Griz

PD have been visiting some motoring events recently and have revealed more track/car info at both Silverstone and Goodwood bringing playable demos along with them specific to these venues.

GT6 Concept Movie #2 2013 E3

Concept movie #2

GT6 Concept Movie #3 2013 Goodwood - Extended Version

Concept movie #3

There has also been a new GT Academy availble for download via PSN which acts as a kind of demo for GT6 too. Primarily though it's a time trial event for those interested in becoming a real life racing driver. The top sixteen entrants from each participating region will go to a Nissan GT boot-camp and the finalists will be arrived at there.

The demo also has two GT6 races with pretty poor AI but I suspect that's just to make new players feel good about being able to win  ^-^ The TT is the meat of it and you can prepare by running the full track in four sectors plus you get the National and International variants unlocked afterwards just for fun. A third track and car combination will open on the 29th.

The event closes at the end of July but the demo will still be useable until August 31st.

TheAceness

I have actually been playing with the idea of buying Gran Turismo 6 Anniversary Edition for some time now. Has anyone else here purchased that? Is it worth pushing the boat out even though I already have nr 5?
I only speak two languages: English and bad English.

PZ

I've not, but have seen some of the autos - the historic ones are beautiful.  I have GT5, which was a great game, but just could not get into racing games - it is sitting on my shelf barely used.

Tags:
🡱 🡳