All shuffle down

Started by RedRaven, June 16, 2009, 04:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRaven

looks like 19th release will be a 2gig demo, game should be out 23rd :P
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

A demo released 4 days before the game?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spaceboy

cool.  4 days sounds about right lately.  inFamous demo was about 5 days before but for pre-orders through Best Buy you got like 25 days before.  All the pre-order bonus stuff is actually getting out of hand.  Can't wait to hear about the demo gameplay dke58,  - maybe some demo videos based on your other post...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

I'll definitely keep an eye open for this one.
A demo must w@&k as a sales thermometer... lots of downloads points to good sales, but I don't get why release it so close to the whole game release date... 25 days in advance seems more appropriate, but whatever... I'm not a suit in Bohemia or Codemasters anyway, not my call.
Besides, I'll probably be out of town till the end of the month for a field w@&k, so by the time the demo is out, I won't be able to download it  :(
Will stay tuned on your posts about it though  ;)

spaceboy

I think the short demo time is usually because once you start playing you're excited and want more, more, more.  If the game is then avail the next week, you're more likely to buy.  If the demo is out for too long before release then you may get bored with the "limited" world of the demo and be on to something else.  I think a lot of gamers are way more fickle than your typical OWG member.  No offense to those gamers, but we've all seen that on forums where someone will "throw away" an entire game experience because they can't stand one aspect of a game (like respawns in FC2 - which now I couldn't imagine no respawns, we'd have missed 3/4 of our fun!)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

RedRaven

Really hope to get it day of release but bank manager has right to Vito it :(
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

I've lost track, which game are we talking about?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Dweller_Benthos

Ahhh, thanks, never played the first one.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Me neither... all I know is that after Operation Flashpoint 1, Bohemia Studios and Codemasters split up and Bohemia came up with ArmA 1 a couple of years ago, which seems a lot with OFP1.
Now both CM and Bohemia are delivering OFP2 and ArmA2 respectively, competing for the same audience.

RedRaven

Apologies to all.
seems was a bit of mis-information flying round cyber-space regarding release date of ArmA2.
On several sites it said a 2gig demo would be released at the end of the week, and a couple of shop sites had the full game for sale on the 23rd. This is not the case , it is available Today.
If its down your street / up your alley or even rings your bells enjoy it. ;D

Art Blade

No worries. As you said, a lot of different info on the net (see CoJ2...) Thanks for the fast updates :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳