Rumors...

Started by PZ, March 02, 2012, 09:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Quote from: PCMagAssassin's Creed III is coming to America—not just as a retail item, but as a narrative that carries over the war between Assassins and Templars from the Old World to the New World right smack in the middle of the American Revolution.

Developer Ubisoft has revealed that the next installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise will feature a new protagonist, according to Game Informer. Cover art for the new game released Thursday depicts an unnamed new lead character who takes up the mantle from Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad, the 12th century Palestinian Assassin who starred in the original Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and the 15th century Italian Assassin Ezio Auditore Da Firenze, featured in Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Assassin's Creed II, and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

Read all about it here...
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2401060,00.asp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDso9uJbo7E#ws

mandru

More excellent sleuthing PZ.  :-X

I had not encountered this article when I posted my shout earlier so my comment about ACIII "coming to America" was actually an an off the cuff and oblique reference to the Neil Diamond song of the same title.  Now I'm starting to wonder how many more times that line is going to pop up with the pending release of this game.   ;D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Thanks mandru - any time I hear about future release of games I really appreciate, I just can't help myself - just have to dig a little further.  :-()

I'm now in AC:R, and have just acquired Ishak Pasha's armor - and have done just barely enough of the game to get into the Arsenal to get that last page.  Now with this most excellent armor, I can go about my business in style.

I can't wait for AC:III, but note that it comes on the tail of FC3, which we will have had for just under 2 months.  If FC3 is anywhere near as good as FC2, I don't know when I'll have time for AC:III  :-D

ninzza

Is this the first game ever sets in Colonial America ?

And I'm wondering if there are any buildings to climb  ;D

PZ

Quote from: ninzza on March 02, 2012, 01:25:52 PM
And I'm wondering if there are any buildings to climb  ;D

The first photo in the link you provided shows a relatively large city - I'll bet we'll be able to do the same things as in the other AC games, but even better - at least I hope so!  :-()

PZ

It is interesting that the hero (Connor) is a Native American; reportedly the game will contain authentic Iroquois dialect, which would be a theme similar to the authentic Italian in the Ezio games.  Being a Native American also fits perfectly into the theme of an assassin that carries a tomahawk, knives, and a bow.

Additionally I was lamenting the fact that the Ezio series was ending, but one can clearly see the long term game plan - Ezio is already an old man in AC:R, so there is little else that would "feel right" if this part of the series were to continue.  It will be interesting to see how Ubi segues into the revolutionary war time period.  The game is looking better every time I find additional tidbits of information.

mandru

Thinking about the way AC:R ended (without giving any spoilers for AC:R) it now seems obvious that this character Connor (as an ancestral link through the Animus) puts the player back in America tying Desmond geographically to where something significant that Connor does in this episode needs to be discovered and applied in the race against 12/21/2012.  Nice touch.

On a side note That paragraph above gave me fits getting the tenses hashed out.  When you have a story line that moves back and forth between two or more sequential time lines mixing an event in the present that has to happen before something that has occurred in the past can be experienced really fouls up the past/present/future tenses in trying to create a sentence that someone else can try to understand.   ???

"It was actually tomorrow (Wednesday) that I traveled back to yesterday (Monday) where we met up before hopping to today (Tuesday) for this lunch we are eating."   ????
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Art Blade

Quote from: ninzza on March 02, 2012, 01:25:52 PMIs this the first game ever sets in Colonial America ?

Good question.. I don't remember having played any ???? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I'm not aware of any other game set in the Middle East during the Cruzades or Renaissance Italy either for that matter  ????
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on November 02, 2012, 07:37:09 AM
I'm not aware of any other game set in the Middle East during the Cruzades or Renaissance Italy either for that matter  ????

There was one that was close - Prince of Persia, but I never did much research on that title.

Tags:
🡱 🡳