Tip: Quick Travel via Vista/Livery

Started by Art Blade, August 15, 2009, 05:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Once you visited a vista point or collected a livery, your map shows those points as grey dots. You can use any of those grey dots as additional heliports.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

JRD

Indeed a cool tip... I didn't know that.

Thanks mate  :-X
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Well, I finally pulled FC2 out of the PS3 and put Fuel into it's place - tried a free roam which is kind of fun, and ran across a livery - it looked like some kind of bile, and when I went to it, it disappeared - can anyone give me a short description of what a livery will do?  :)

Art Blade

It will add artwork to the colour of your vehicle, like stars, flames, stripes... :)

deadman1

Darn it, Art beat me to it. I must learn to type faster  ;D

Art Blade

:) this is so cool about OWG... always at least one helpful member to answer questions, sometimes more :) Now even beating one another  ;D

PZ

Thanks guys - I should have noticed that - when I went to the garage and looked at my vehicles, it almost looked like I had a new bike, but on the other hand, it still looked kind of the same.  Now I realize that it was painted differently.

I need to find some new vehicles  ;)

Art Blade

that's where deadman and JRD could help you - they're in the process :) I don't remember where when which... All I know is the more areas you unlock, the more vehicles you get :) Ah, and chase those mavericks per area, they donate their vehicle to you if you bump into them.

JRD

That's it... as you unlock more areas, new and more powerful vehicles are available for purchase. I'm not sure what triggers a Maverick to spawn into an area, but if you do races and a few challenges, you get a "Maverick Spotted" message. Its a purple arrow in your map. Chase it and bump into it and you get that vehicle in your garage... they are usually a good vehicle and will make winning some tough races a lot easier  ;)

Art Blade

I am very much convinced that mavericks are not related to challenges (during career I only had 22, randomly) - But I recall after winning races I got that message (on finishing the last race of an area?)

JRD

Maybe not related to challenges but how much you complete in an area. For instance you needsome X% on an area done to have a Maverick spawn, If you win races on Expert, you don't get enough done, so no Maverick. If you then do a challenge, maybe you get enough done in an area to spwan a Maverick.

I'm saying that cos I have some areas I finished all races on Expert, but no Maverick...
... anyway... race, get yourself some stars and cash and get a Maverick! Else, have fun free roaming... it's great.

PZ will be especially fond of the desert races at Dustbowl City... lots of sand, cactus and beautyful sunsets  ;)

Art Blade

Maybe I never had that maverick problem because I used to finish on legend. When I had finished my career (all races won) I only had 1 race that took ages to finish on legend, but by the time I already had all mavericks. That might indicate that mavericks are dependent on how many stars (percentage) you got in an area. Probably something like 75%

PZ

Desert... sand.... cactus... oh yeah...  :-X

deadman1

If you look at the worldmap, i.e the map that shows you all the areas with their camps but no roads, you will get an area stat (number or vistapoints, liverys and so on) that list will also show you if there are any and how many mavericks in a particular area.

PZ

JRD

Quote from: PZ on August 30, 2009, 10:32:44 PM
Desert... sand.... cactus... oh yeah...  :-X

Here... that's what's waiting for you...

[smg id=1355]

[smg id=1364]

[smg id=1363]

... and as everything in FUEL, it's a massive desert... you get to drive for hours in it checking the landscape, bumping into some fuel barrels and collexting Vistas, Liveries etc...

Art Blade

The best about the desert is the lack of trees. 

You'll understand what I mean if you call yourself a wood-magnet too ;D

JRD

They imported catus from FarCry2Land though... those steel-like ones, you know?

Take a large truck, drive full speed and hit one... it just won't move an inch!  ;D

Art Blade

lol, true  ;D And tiny rocks... hardly more than a pebble, yet able to stop a tank  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳