Tip: career races, 3 stars and 3x FUEL in one go

Started by Art Blade, July 03, 2009, 09:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Career races have 3 stages similar to Olympic medals, rookie, expert, legend. You gain 1x score per stage. If you skip rookie and expert, you gain 3x scores in a single race, saving you the trouble  ;)

[smg id=976 align=center width=400]

Edited the subject (making it a "tip")
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

I've been doing them all on Expert.  I figure it's enough challenge (too much sometimes) and up until recently able to beat in a couple races after learning the track a bit.  I haven't even tried one on Legend...tonight I will!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

How harder is Legend compared to Rookie?
Smarter AI?
Faster AI (that would be dumb)?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

JRD, the AI is better, more competitive, meaning harder... they are quickly ahead and have better pathfinding routines which, in the end, makes them faster.

Spaceboy, Until just now I always did each stage for each career race... Now I'll just do 'em legend.  ;D

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

It's also not a bad idea to race one as Rookie to get the layout and pick up a star in the process, I just haven't done that. 

The AI do pick short cuts that I didn't know about.  Last night I saw 4 of them come bounding out of the trees on a little path and cut me off.  Another time it was similar except I saw them coming and I was humming along pretty good - thought I'd make it but one dude slammed right into the side of my vehicle.  Pretty funny stuff.   I should record the one I was doing last night on the snow path, it was fun watching the other cars slide around and into stuff.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Quote from: spaceboy on July 03, 2009, 10:03:47 AMThe AI do pick short cuts that I didn't know about.

Ha! Just in the race I took the screenie, I saw those who always won before me go to the left using a small track, right after the start. I only learned about it because I didn't start properly and therefore had a different view at the track. You can actually learn from them :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳