(Rumor) Wings of Prey 2

Started by JRD, July 20, 2011, 09:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRD

As I read somewhere over the rainbow

QuoteIt looks like the Devs for Wings of Prey are going to be making some serious improvements to their game by building a completely new engine that has a number of capabilities that the original WoP could not handle.
Full Mission Editor, Improved Flight and Damage Models, better graphics and it would also seem that it will be able to handle much larger maps. Hmmmm. How large, I wonder? Maybe enough to cover all of France, I hope. :grin:

And they promise that if you own the original WoP, you'll be able to download and install all of the original content into the new sim so you can still fly your favorite maps, etc. Nice touch.

They will evidently be able to debut more information by May or June.

Here is the english translation of the story.

http://translate.goo...JSnaymcQJBCytvQ

Hellshade

Here`s the translated link...

********************************************************************************
IL-2 Sturmovik: Wings of Prey 2 - Gaijin Entertainment is working on a continuation of the series
IL-2 Sturmovik: Wings of Prey

The official forum of the game Wings of Pray brought interesting news. One of the employees Gaijin Entertainment announced that w@&k is already underway on the newest part of the sensational series of flight simulators IL-2.
As it turns out Wings of Prey was to be extended for a further additions DLC, but during the production process, it became clear that they interfere too much in the structure of the game. Such course of events pushed the creators to create a separate fully-fledged game. This allows players will receive a brand new simulator, which will continue the tradition of the series.

Continuation Wings of Prey will contain some exciting changes such as new mode of Free Flight, which after administration of the guidelines will create new levels of play. Added is a level editor, and improved intelligence becomes airborne and ground units. The creators promise improved damage model, both the aircraft and buildings.

Wings of Prey 2 will have the full support of additives DLC already on the day of release to debut free extension that adds to the game all the locations and missions of the first part of the game. The new edition of the series will contain two to three times more material than the prototype and models. At the end of May and June will punish the update to the first part of the Wings of Prey, after its premiere Gaijin Entertainment will give details about the new production.

********************************************************************************

So far I put it high on my games radar along with FC3, AC:R... I`ll see if I can get any more info on it. Even though only Art and me have the game (fragger has it but not installed if I`m not mistaken) but it`s a pretty nice openworld game  8)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

Brain has melted.....

Been looking around the net and lost as to the differences between the following -

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey,  Wings of Prey,  Wings of Prey 2,  World of Planes.

I do know that IL-2 Sturmovik is out several platforms but Wings of Prey is PC only.

Help me JRD Kenobi - you are my only hope !

Or maybe should I just pack my things and take up residency in the nearest nursing home :(
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

IL-2 Sturmovik:Birds of Prey
I never played this one but for what I know it`s a great success between critics and players alike. There are a few titles: IL2-BoP, IL2-Cliffs of Dover, IL2:1946 and so on. If I`m not mistaken, the last game was released in 2006 and, as you said, it`s multi platform
Wings of Prey
It`s a PC exclusive made by Gaijin entertainment, same developer of IL-sturmovick. Some say it`s a well done port of IL into PC. It seems that in 2009 they decided to do a PC only game that is pretty much a sequel of IL-2, some people refer to this game as IL-2:wings of prey, hence the confusion
Wings of Prey 2
If the rumors are correct, it`s a continuation of WoP
World of Planes.
It`s a Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) developed by the same company, Gaijin. It focuses on WWII aerial warfare and is yet to be released

;)

EDIT:
There`s a Birds of Prey game released in 2009 which is a console only, so maybe somewhere down the road they split the previous IL-2 games into IL2 series (console only) and Wings of Prey (PC only), but I`m guessing here  ????

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

RedRaven

Cheerz dude, was losing the plot for a while there!
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Jim di Griz

Ooops - just started a thread about Birds of Steel which could well be BoP2 - though I'm not entirely sure.

Gaijin are terrible at starting with one name then changing it. War Thunder is yet another flight sim WWII game but has the World of Planes title board at the end...I too am officially confused and I do apologise if I've started a new thread for no reason.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

No worries Jim; Art'll tell you how many times I've started multiple threads!  :laugh:

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

Hehe  :-()

So you want the truth? Well, we had to lock up another forum and start over from scratch.  8-X :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

You know... I actually remember that...  ????

farcry2maps.org --> openworldgames.org

Art Blade

They say that elderly people keep their memories of the past but forget recent events. Seems logical that younger people can't remember the past as they weren't yet born and have to stick to recent events. Hmm. Maybe I got it all wrong and mixed up  :-() All I can disclose is that we had more than one forum disposed.  :-D

PZ

You're correct - I recall very clearly the old forum, but can't remember posts that occurred last week.  :laugh:

Tags:
🡱 🡳