Ride to Hell

Started by spaceboy, December 01, 2009, 09:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

This one's for all platforms. (and according to Amazon.com all 3 versions will be available 12/15)

Has anyone heard anything or have any interest in it?  It's an open-world 1960's biker gang theme.  I never played GTA/Saints Row type games, but something about this game I find intriguing.  My main reason to hold back is I've got a couple new games I'm playing or waiting to be played already...

Here's some info...

from gamespot:
Take one part Easy Rider, throw in a little Hunter S. Thompson, and add plenty of sex, drugs, and rock and roll, and you just might come up with something like Deep Silver's upcoming open-world adventure game, Ride to Hell. Set in the 1960s at the height of the counterculture movement, you'll hop on your bike and explore a world full of bikers, hippies, cops, and more.

Set in California, Ride to Hell will have you play as a recently returned Vietnam vet trying to find his place in the world again. As the game begins, you'll be recruited to join a biker gang known as the Devil's Hand and, from there, your adventures will begin. You'll eventually w@&k your way up in status in the gang and will encounter rival gangs and even the police during your adventures. The game will have an open-world, nonlinear format, and you'll be able to take missions as you see fit.

Beyond a few screens, character art, and a trailer, we don't know a lot about Ride to Hell's gameplay. We do know that motorcycles will play a huge role in the game--which makes sense, considering the setting--and it sounds as if there will be a ton of customization options for your bikes, which can be built from the ground up. Everything, including frames, engines, wheels, handlebars, and more, can be customized, and you'll always be earning new engine parts that you can use to make your bike more a reflection of your personality. As the developers explained, the cooler your bike, the more respect you'll earn from non-player characters, and the more attention you'll receive from the ladies (or the guys, if that's your thing).

As for the sex, drugs, and rock and roll part of the game, the developers told us that they were not going to ignore any of the counter-cultural things that were happening in the 1960s in America; at the same time, we'd be surprised if there was anything too explicit happening, given that the developers are still aiming to get this rated in the U.S. Nevertheless, there seems to be a tongue-in-cheek sense of humor about the whole thing. Consider "cruise mode," which will let you quickly cross large areas of the game's map by getting on your bike and heading down the highway. Eventually, as your rider settles into a groove, the game will take on a psychedelic look and you'll be able to quickly get from one point to the next. In other words, you'll be tripping out.

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Sounds interesting - will look forward to seeing video of game play - too many interesting games these days, and I still like revisiting ARMA2, FC2, FO3, and OFP2 in addition to the old linear Brothers in Arms and COD World at War.  I'm currently doing Assassin's Creed 2 in the mornings on the PS3 and Fallout 3 heavily modded in the evenings as time allows.  Where to find the time...

Art Blade

Interesting find, spaceboy :)

Reminds me of the only biker adventure I played so far, called "Full Throttle" -- many moons ago. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on December 01, 2009, 11:08:22 AM
Interesting find, spaceboy :)

Reminds me of the only biker adventure I played so far, called "Full Throttle" -- many moons ago. :)

Holly crap "Full Throttle"... what a great memory!

We should have a retro/vintage section at OWG to discuss old, old games... maybe we can even download it for free somewhere!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

:) Well, I think we could just pack them into "other games" though. Prefix of the subject Old Games, like for example "old game: HitMan:BloodMoney" (well, not so old in comparison, but still).
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Nah... I was just kidding... old titles always pop up every here and there in our posts and they are better left like that!
But I read somewhere Atari is making classics available for free download  ::)

Art Blade

Do you remember Frogger (not fragger)? That atari "console" game where you played a frog that had to cross either a street with heavy traffic or a river with logs drifting, traffic and logs at different speed and lanes, the aim was to get from one side to the other without being run over by traffic or without jumping into the water or drifting outside the TV screen. :)

JRD

Now see how naive video games were some 20 years ago!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Imagine being a frog trying to cross the street just like the chicken!!! How thrilling was that?

When I got FUEL I couldn't stop thinking about Atari's Enduro!!! Or compare AC2 or Tomb Rider with Pitfall!

The list could go on and on...

Space Invaders on top!

PZ

.. old games - how about older-than-dirt games, ancient games, games of historical significance, games seen only in the Smithsonian...  ;D

JRD

Fiach

I'm not a MC fan really, I hated the bikes in TDU for example, I just couldnt control them at great speed.

There is a DLC for GTA4 called The Lost and the Damned, its pretty good too, which is centered around a MC gang, the bikes are very arcadey, so I can handles those pretty well :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

I loved that one superfast motorcycle in TDU, GEEZ what torque and speed! I used the helmet's visor cam sometimes at high speed, madness  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳