Youth memories

Started by Binnatics, September 08, 2013, 09:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I took a dive in my hip hop CD collection and came in touch with my youth sentiments and such:

Eminem - Stan (Long Version) ft. Dido

I listened almost the entire album, and then wanted to hear DRE's beats @ 2001. But they are punctuated with sexual screams and my daughter is in the living room so I went for something else:

Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang Forever (Disc 1) [Full Album]
                                        Quite large to listen I don't expect you to do, just scroll through. Impressing is the first beat, which is quite special imho

For another detailed shot at what this album has to offer:

07 Severe Punishment - Wu-Tang Clan (Wu-Tang Forever Disc 1)

Man, I'm bouncing through the living room right now, (while fixing today's diner heheh)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Binnatics

Binnatics

Nice rhymes and good, fat beats!!! Didn't know that group, Fu-Schnickens :)

Reminds me of Paris, phfffAT beatz!!!:
PARIS - The Devil Made Me Do It

And the other rhyme reminds me of Boo Yaa T.R.I.B.E. ( A bit ove the top, but whatever. Death-Row styles ;)

Boo-Yaa Tribe - Death Row California [Video] 1994 - Doomsday

Art Blade

we talked about this one, a tune I heard in a film. It was virtually impossible to get on record or CD, it was released only in Portugal and couldn't be imported for reasons unknown. Let alone that it wasn't on the film sound track (Replacement Killers) and that no one knew what I was talking about. However, here it is.

ITHAKA "Escape From The City Of Angels" (featuring: Marta Dias)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

Dont really know much rap stuff tbh, so I'm always pleased to find new (good) stuff :)

I like this from Ice T's OG album

Ice-T - Midnight

Only wound up geting OG cos I was so impressed with this :

BODY COUNT - Body Count (1992)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

interesting choice, Fiach :)

here, for you and Binnatics, the following song was recommended to me by JRD a long time ago (July 2009)  :) :-X

Sergio Mendes feat. Black Eyed Peas - Mas Que Nada

JRD also pointed out the original to me which is, by the way, by Jorge Ben Jor, in the spoiler.

Spoiler
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Good ones Fiach!! You posted about Body Count before, but I couldn't find it anymore. I remember we discussed the original CD that contained the song "Cop Killer" that was later erased due to the violent anti-police lyrics.
I like the midnight-song too.

And I definitely like Ithaka Art!! :-X 8) Amazing story how exclusive this song turns out to be, lol

I know the Black Eyed Peas and this song, but did not know the original. Great song. Reminds me a bit of Santana, must be from the same time. Great recording too! The voice comes so close!

Art Blade

:)

Here, this is what separates the boys from the men. Men remember the impact it had when this was released  :-D

Rapper's Delight - The Sugarhill Gang (1979)

Binnatics

Yeah, I remember that day; I smacked my first rattle through the window :angel:

Art Blade

Binnatics

Binnatics

And don't dare to tell me that your head did NOT go up and down after this one :-D

Art Blade

:laugh: admittedly, it's got groove  :)

Art Blade

We've got some (ex) underground bands which used to be cool. I got the CD with this track.

Fastforward to 0:50 to skip the intro if you want.

Fischmob - Fick mein Gehirn

Binnatics

You are fast.... I will check your song in a minute, but check thisone. It is a slow, easy song, but breathes so much power and strength, that's remarkable. Actually, I wanted to post some scratch-stuff, but I can't get up to check the names of those artists. My whole home is filled with guests ^-^

Check thisone:

2Pac/Makaveli - Hail Mary (ft.Outlawz)

Binnatics

Art Blade

Art Blade

Binnatics

Here's what I commented on steam chat @ Love International:
Binnatics: the rhythm makes me think of a turning wheel with blades containing shoes that keep you kicking in a certain direction... gentle but with no way to escape ^-^ Imagine the process 'en profil' like shadows on a white wall

And here's Art's reply:
Art Blade: you're sick lol

:-()

Art Blade

:laugh:

yep, that conversation took place :)

Art Blade

Binnatics

Nice ones! :) :-X

I like Easy E a lot. He's the best 8)

mandru

Youth memories?  ????

These ain't from none of mine.  I prefer music.  ::)

Quote from: Binnatics on September 13, 2013, 03:13:02 PM
And don't dare to tell me that your head did NOT go up and down after this one :-D

Actually, my head was shaking from side to side (as in no, no, no...) by the time I hit the 6 second mark and I was only able to reach 15 sec/mark before slamming the flush button.

I really liked MTV back when they used to play music.

I would leave MTV on in the background for whatever else I was doing with the day's programming as ambient tunes (paying closer attention when a favorite video was on) but then this kind of stuff shoved it's way in pushing out almost all other genres until plummeting ratings reached the point the station owners quit pretending the vast majority of their ardent followers or advertising accounts would waste another minute on it.  Their decision to switch over to reality TV and award shows really wasn't an improvement.

Contrary to the opinion of a rapper propounding his point of view in a recent TV interview I happened to catch (while flipping past)   this is not the new rock!

MTV is dead.  Hard or Soft, Long live rock!

And if I can't find rock these days, I'll just inject it into every song I play when I strap on my bass.  :-D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

^-^ :-X Good, honest commentaries Mandru!

Totally agree on your MTV description. I remember the endless varieties of small films around their logo; great!!! I loved Beavis and Butthead and Ren and Stimpy. But I guess that's where it already started to go down; now they don't even know what that M stands for anymore... They'd better rename it into Y(outh)TV or something.

I think the biggest Music broadcast and publicity platform nowadays is Youtube. Everything else are youth memories; Vinyl, CD's, MTV, Top of the Pops, Cassettes, SA90, lol :-()

Quote from: mandru on September 11, 2014, 11:45:05 AM
...Actually, my head was shaking from side to side (as in no, no, no...) by the time I hit the 6 second mark and I was only able to reach 15 sec/mark before slamming the flush button...

Well, it DID make your head move, didn't it >:D

Tags:
🡱 🡳