Assassin's Creed Revelations walkthrough videos

Started by PZ, November 17, 2011, 05:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Thanks for posting this PZ.  A good helpful series though I'm seeing a lot of helpful "How not to..." examples.   :-()

I've been watching these and I'm up to almost 4 hours viewing time at #18 of 29 available by the person posting this series.  It does look like quite the game.   :-X

I had not purchased AC:B and I was not planning on buying this game as it appeared that they were a lot more difficult than my meager abilities could meet.  I may be rethinking that.  :-\\

Maybe it's because he's attempting to make a walk through tutorial instead of a smart play through but I am seeing things that I would approach in a completely different fashion.

He's constantly jumping and throwing himself around randomly (sometimes off building sides and high precipices) because he's got that new hook blade and apparently he's in a hurry or forgotten how to climb normally in free running mode.  Here's a tip: when you are hanging off the side of a tower 150 feet above the ground well above the range of casual observers at roof top level and the rail to your goal is easily within grabbing reach, that is the exact wrong moment to try to hurry and pull off a jump/hook/climb move.  In fact any time you are within an easy grab's distance of the surface you are attempting to reach whether it's a wall top or a roof top using the hook seems to leave you wide open to a backwards lunge away from the wall you are climbing.  ::)

The guy doing this series makes me a bit crazy.   :D

Obviously he's on a PS3 so he's using a controller with buttons which he doesn't seem to be able to resist mashing at random times causing Ezio to flail about in a fashion usually detrimental to his health and reputation meters.  Maybe it's because I'm on a PC using a keyboard that I make a serious effort to make my movements more planned and precise.  It's either that or I just like to do something right the first time when ever possible.

In one of the early video clips he had commented a few times in his voice over dialog that he needed to reduce his reputation but when he came across an official marked on the map with the eye icon (you know the officials you kill to lower most if not all of your bad rep) he proceeded to bounce off the guy several times then said "I can't remember what this guy does but I can't follow him any longer, Ive got to find a Herald."   ???

Fortunately somewhere off camera after the three hour mark while he was taking a break in his recording session he figured out what the officials were for because he started using them correctly after that point.   :laugh:

His largest complaint is that he's perpetually out of money.  "Not enough money!" or "I'll sure be glad when money no longer matters" but he throws most of his earnings at heralds and I've yet to see him loot a single body.  There are too many other things besides just the coins that are made available through looting like medicine, poison, bomb supplies, throwing blades and who knows what else to ignore that flow point of resources.

If you need to reduce reputation and heralds are your only option find one and then after you've bribed him if you walk far enough away (it appeared that just off the edge of the mini map is sufficient) the herald you just bribed will become available again.  Walking away in the most direct route makes it easier to get back to the same herald rather than charging off over the rooftops and attempting to return with the same amount of health and notoriety.   ;)

An observation about controlling rep in the first place.  Poison darts don't seem to raise rep and I know (at least it works this way in AC2) that if you sneak up behind a guard on a rooftop and grab him from behind before he sees the act of chucking him straight off the edge to kill him (at least a 2 level drop) also seems to not raise reputation.  Running wildly through the streets you are occasionally going to accidentally pickpocket someone (a small bad rep gain) or worse yet bump into and knock over a guard which will set your rep meter to full.   ???

I think that if I were to play the game I would select a quite a different route of approach.

I noticed that there is a point where once you start establishing Assassin lairs if your personal actions draw too much attention from the Templars they will attack the lairs and you will have to drop everything and defend them.  The whole fight off mobs of attackers and an eventual battle engine by posting your guys on rooftops and throwing up barricades struck me as being really annoying.  So I think that it might be a good idea to open and unlock as much of your map as possible before your actions become a liability to your followers.

My first priority would be to unlock every viewpoint possible.

Pick pocket while traveling between viewpoints and possibly unlocking the bookstore option to get maps for all chests would be a secondary priority.

Unlocking every bank encountered whenever cash on hand allows would have to be a next priority.  The act of opening a bank starts cash flow into the banks and having a bank near by when needed will later save a lot of time.  For the other shops in the game I would open the closest one I can find as I have need for them and as cash flow becomes less of a problem as I encounter them.

From what I could see of AC: Revelations and drawing from my experience in AC2 it looks like time spent setting up a substantial nest egg early in the game pays off later by freeing you up to dig into the story line without having to fiddle with too much house keeping and continual scratching around for spare change.

It also doesn't hurt if your pickpocketing can be put behind you so that your lairs once you start building them up stay below the Templar's attention until it's too late.   >:D

Just stopped by to toss out a few observations.  I got to get back to the rest of these episodes.   ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

I read your post with interest and think you and I would make a perfectly harmonious team.  :)

Most of the time.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: mandru  on November 18, 2011, 12:30:03 PM
Thanks for posting this PZ.  A good helpful series though I'm seeing a lot of helpful "How not to..." examples.   :-()

I've been watching these and I'm up to almost 4 hours viewing time at #18 of 29 available by the person posting this series.  It does look like quite the game.   :-X

Yes, it is quite the game, and I have not even really begun to explore properly

I had not purchased AC:B and I was not planning on buying this game as it appeared that they were a lot more difficult than my meager abilities could meet.  I may be rethinking that.  :-\\

I thought ACB was actually easier than AC2, and you can use more strategy.  For instance, there was a Borgia tower that was nearly impossible to do on my own (I too suffer from meager abilities), but when I had recruited a few assassins, the task was very simple.

In one of the early video clips he had commented a few times in his voice over dialog that he needed to reduce his reputation but when he came across an official marked on the map with the eye icon (you know the officials you kill to lower most if not all of your bad rep) he proceeded to bounce off the guy several times then said "I can't remember what this guy does but I can't follow him any longer, Ive got to find a Herald."   ???

You're correct - he's a bit goofy - when you want your reputation reduced, you need to kill the guy marked by the eye icon - I hardly ever use the heralds because the game fortuitously produces the guys you need to kill on a regular basis.  The only difficulty is that in ACR, he is accompanied by a couple of friends that will turn on you  :-()

His largest complaint is that he's perpetually out of money.  "Not enough money!" or "I'll sure be glad when money no longer matters" but he throws most of his earnings at heralds and I've yet to see him loot a single body.  There are too many other things besides just the coins that are made available through looting like medicine, poison, bomb supplies, throwing blades and who knows what else to ignore that flow point of resources.

I started this game using techniques I learned in AC2 - start pick pocketing right away.  I have plenty of money, and am using it to renovate as many buildings as possible - this is one of the quickest ways to quickly amass a fortune.

My first priority would be to unlock every viewpoint possible.

My method as well - once you see everything, it is far easier to plan your "activities"  :-()

Pick pocket while traveling between viewpoints and possibly unlocking the bookstore option to get maps for all chests would be a secondary priority.

Good techniques - you will always have plenty of money - looting gets you lots of money and materials as well.

From what I could see of AC: Revelations and drawing from my experience in AC2 it looks like time spent setting up a substantial nest egg early in the game pays off later by freeing you up to dig into the story line without having to fiddle with too much house keeping and continual scratching around for spare change.

Definitely!

It also doesn't hurt if your pickpocketing can be put behind you so that your lairs once you start building them up stay below the Templar's attention until it's too late.   >:D

Just stopped by to toss out a few observations.  I got to get back to the rest of these episodes.   ;)

Art Blade

Is it just me (and my poor eyes) that I have difficulty reading green on white? The quote is black on white and the inserts are green on white and all of that looks as if the font size was even smaller than usually. I didn't feel like keep on trying to read that any more, sorry  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I'm afraid that it is your old eyes, Mr. Blade, but I have to admit that it would be easier to read the quotes if the background is a bit more neutral.  ^-^

mandru

Highlighting turns it to white letters on a blue background but there's white lines between the blue text background.  Still hard on the eyes but not blinding.   ????
- mandru

Art Blade

We could take a screenshot of the quote, magnify it and then w%&k it over a couple of times with filters and whatnot using a program capable of manipulating photos. Might help see what's written there. Maybe we can decipher those shady white hieroglyphs with a tad of light green on snow-white background :-D

mandru

Just do a print screen then Paste it in MSPaint and do a black fill on the background for a quick w@&k around.   ;D
- mandru

Art Blade

Maybe we can have someone read it for us. Perfect excuse to call for that apprentice nurse so often.  :-D

mandru

- mandru

PZ

:laugh:

It will be easier to change the CSS of the quote - will get around to it after I tire of playing ACR  >:D

Art Blade

Either PZ doesn't want us to play with the apprentice nurse and he fixes it rather quickly  ????

Or he doesn't mind at all and takes his own time.  ^-^

A matter of months, perhaps.  :-D

PZ

:-()  This week probably - the weekend time is spent purely on gaming.  :-()

Art Blade

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 19, 2011, 07:00:59 PM
Either PZ doesn't want us to play with the apprentice nurse and he fixes it rather quickly  ????

Or he doesn't mind at all and takes his own time.  ^-^

A matter of months, perhaps.  :-D

See... it didn't take that long  :-()

Art Blade

It took months to sort the time-continuum and aeon flux problem within a limited ability to bend space time without anyone noticing someone actually did bend the time. Oh and I've edited your next post because there was a typo. There would have been, that is. Or, that was. Whatever  :-D

PZ

Art Blade

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 21, 2011, 10:19:25 AM
See... it didn't take that long  :-()

Almost forgot to explicitly thank you. So, "thank you."  :-()

By the way, please increase the font size a little bit. It's half the size of a tiny smiley.. :)

PZ

Art Blade

Please stop dissing me. I have feelings, too, you know?

:-D

PZ

:laugh:

Spoiler
Better watch that attitude though - that moderator might just sniff it out and try to enforce his will here  :-()

Art Blade

:-()

Spoiler
I'll hammer him to the moon and back if he so much as raises an eyebrow here.  >:D

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳