Can Anyone tell Me how To Start Broken Steel ? (PC)

Started by Ricamundo, November 19, 2009, 03:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

I ended my game at 156 hours. ;D Anywho, i watched the end cut scenes, and the game returned to the main menu. I clicked on "downloads" and then "View Available Content" and nothing, nada. I can reload a save, or start a new game. There was nothing to indicate Broken Steel was activated or anything.

Any ideas?
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

I found this information on another site:

Introduction to Broken Steel

• Broken Steel is the third downloadable content release for Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360 and PC.
  • While Operation Anchorage and The Pitt were episodic add-ons that were separate from the main story of Fallout 3, Broken Steel actually builds on the ending to show an epilogue of what happens two weeks after the activation of Project Purity.
  • In addition to the extra quests added with the Broken Steel DLC, downloading the add-on will also increase the level cap from 20 to 30, allowing characters that were maxed out to gain ten more levels and continue adding to their skills and perks.
  • To reach the content of Broken Steel, you'll have to play through the entire game all the way up to the final main quest: "Take It Back". Finish the quest by either going in to the airlock yourself to activate the purifier, sending in Sentinel Lyons, or sending in your follower. After making your choice, watch the ending, and you'll find yourself waking from a coma two weeks later.
Two Weeks Later

• When you awaken, you'll be at the Citadel speaking with Elder Lyons. He'll bring you up to speed on what has happened in the two weeks that you've been out and what the repercussions were of you activating the purifier. Obviously your conversation here will differ depending on whether or not you sent in Sentinel Lyons, sent in your follower, activated the purifier yourself, and whether you inserted the Modified F.E.V.
  • During your conversation with Elder Lyons, ask if there is anything you can do to help and you'll complete the quest "Take It Back!", and will be given the quest "Death From Above". Enjoy your first bunch of experience that you'll have received in a long time if you're like me and have been at level 20 for the last several months.
  • IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have any followers, make sure to talk to them and get them to follow you again. Otherwise they'll just wait here at the hospital forever.

Ricamundo

I played thru the last scene where i go into the room and activate the 216 code. I saw 4 quests being activated, including one called Aiding The Outcasts. After punching in the 216 code, i die and the end cut scene rolls then the credits. I do not wake up. :D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Ricamundo

I've been playing around with the FOMM menu. if i deacticate all the DLC except Broken Steel, the game CTD's after the end cut scenes. If i activate some or all the DLC's, the game returns to the main menu after the end cut scenes. At no time do i wake up 2 weeks later. ARGH! Its as if BS doesnt exist..... :D

Art Blade

Really sorry I can't help you there, Ricamundo -- I haven't got any DLC.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Sorry I can't help much from a direct perspective either - have not completed even one of the games  ;D

I'll keep my eyes open for any tidbits that I discover though.

Tags:
🡱 🡳