And Now Folks, It's Time To Play "Choose Your Devil"!

Started by fragger, June 24, 2016, 11:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Some think that it would be a wonderful world if we could all gather in pastoral Elysium fields and peacefully live together thriving on eating lotus blossoms.  However it's not a perfect world.  I have trouble trusting anyone who plants their ideals in utopias and attempt to force others to buy in.  As lovely as the day to day lives of the Eloi may appear there are always going to be Morlocks.  To be honest I think I'd be bored as hell being stuffed into that ill fitting suit that I perceive as having the extra long sleeves with buckles in the back.

Besides we are creatures who need to strive to survive and having everything handed to someone merely on the premise that they exist destroys the individual Will as well as objective thought and innovation.

There needs to be an expectation of governmental/individual responsibility in each country to make the place where they are living better for every resident of that homeland.  If that's not the will and intent of world leaders the rest of the world will continue to have waves of population sloshing around the planet from place to place dragging along the very same bad ideologies and mindsets that ruined the place they came from.

And when that new home is wrecked they are far too willing to hop somewhere else yet again.

To have refugees (in most cases being intentionally driven out) flooding into other countries is a lazy and poisonous relief valve.  It's a divisive action implemented with much forethought being utilized by corrupt governmental despots who need to be cut off the teat of misguided foreign aid so that they are forced to learn how to make their own countries and populations protected, productive, and self supporting.

Sorry if I come across as heartless and uncaring but I believe that the problems of the refugees needed to be solved in their homelands.  No neighboring family benefits from that family on the block who drag every internal dispute or argument out onto the front lawn for a screaming bloody brawl.

Addressing our share (as a U.S. citizen) of the blame in this current situation, I just wish that we would stop trying to buy influence and friends among sworn enemies.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

PZ

Reminds me of when Castro emptied the Cuban prisons and sent those "refugees" to Miami.

Unfortunately the number of Morlock exponentially increases with time because they tend to breed the fastest.  The Eloi are usually too busy making professional careers, and don't have the time to parent 25 children (or more)

Binnatics

:laugh: That's a good one PZ! Brings us back on topic; imagine all these little warmongers going to vote on the next psychopathic candidate :angel:
Where the hell are we going with our beautiful democracy :D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳