XBox 360 controller emulator

Started by PZ, May 04, 2010, 03:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Here's a link to software for the PC to emulate the XBox controller - useful if you have something like the Logitech RumblePad and would like to use it with JC2

deadman1

I have a Xbox 360 for windows controller I bought for FUEL. All I have to do is plug it in and the game (atleast the demo) recognizes it immediately. I just finished a short run with and I must say that for driving it´s perfect, for everything else not so great. So I´ll stick to mouse/KB when my game finally arrives.

Art Blade

when you get your copy of JC2, please check out and let us know how it handles the controller (again for driving only) :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on June 21, 2010, 05:59:29 AM
when you get your copy of JC2, please check out and let us know how it handles the controller (again for driving only) :)

Will do mate, the downside with the demo is that I have a somewhat limited area to move around in and I only get 30 minutes of gameplay each time. I don´t think there´s going to be a problem though since the demo is basically the finished game with some limitations.

Art Blade

Thanks, deadman :)

Driving and flying in JC2 isn't exactly graceful and enjoyable.. being a mouse&keyboard player myself I count on you. I might buy one if you say it's worth it  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

If I need to do tricky flying, I use my Saitek controller, so I'm basically using both - keyboard for shooting, general movements, and the controller for flying/driving in high speed runs.

Art Blade

I had got that in the back of my mind, you using your Saitek along with keyboard, and D_B mentioned that he did that, too  :)

PZ

It's a bit unwieldy, to need to change between controller and keyboard, but effective when you consider how clumsy it is to use WSAD for controlling vehicles.

Art Blade

yes indeed.. D_B said he had put his controller in his lap so he could grab it when needed. I'd prefer to put it some place on my desk, though, however easily reachable, like next to the keyboard :)

PZ

I too keep the controller low - balanced on my left knee because it is more comfortable for me to use my left hand with the controller joystick while I sometimes still use the mouse for fine tuning the movements (depends on the game)

Art Blade

I want a keyboard with analog keys.  ;D

PZ

Same here - when you press a letter, the longer you hold it, the larger the font.  ;D

Art Blade

deadman1

Today I tried using the 360 controller at the same time as my KB/mouse and it worked perfect. When I want to drive I grab the controller and when there´s time to fight I drop it and go for KB and mouse.  :-X

Art Blade

that's good news :) And thanks mate  :) :-X

deadman1

Art Blade

:)

I'll get one of those. I really want to know how well cars respond in FC2 and everything else in JC2  ;D The "all or nothing" type of keyboard driving is driving me nuts.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on July 01, 2010, 02:02:25 PM
... The "all or nothing" type of keyboard driving is driving me nuts.
As I've mentioned many times before, this is the only drawback to the PC for me  :'(

Art Blade

At least you can overcome that drawback with a controller.  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳