Uncharted 4

Started by PZ, October 27, 2015, 01:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Well, I finished the game and must say that I greatly enjoyed it.  In fact, will go for another play through.

A favorite feature is that if you die, you are taken right back to the spot in the game just seconds before your death.  None of the ridiculous starting a mission all over again.  Plus the ability to save at any time you want in as many saves as you like is a big plus.

Certainly not open world, but I like the "wide linear" aspect that allows you to explore and find artifacts that gain you points.  You can use the points to mod the game by using them to gain new themes, weapons, outfits, and game changers like altering gravity.

fragger

Glad to hear you enjoyed it PZ :) Well, you must have enjoyed it if you finished it ;)

Being able to save anytime is always a plus these days, as is not having to do a mission all over again if you croak. I hate the flipping checkpoint-type systems that have marred so many games for me of late.

PZ

It was very refreshing, fragger - playing a top end graphics contemporary game without any of the nonsense I find in just about all of them.  What a concept - allowing the user to save their game.

Probably the single most important feature for me is taking up exactly where you die in the game.  Having to redo missions is probably the single most negative feature that causes me to abandon a game, no matter how much I like the graphics or story.  For instance, I absolutely love the graphics in GTA5, but hated how you had to redo the same lame mission repeatedly to get past a point - my most memorable one was riding a motorcycle on a stupid train. That was so annoying I have not played the game since.

fragger

I know just what you mean :)

PZ

Well, I started another play through yesterday and discovered another plus: you get to choose if you keep all the treasures and bonus you had from your last play through.  I had collected quite a few things, but missed more than I'd collected.

The first play through was running and gunning with very little stealth, but now that I kind of know the lay of the land, I'm going to focus on taking down foes stealthily.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Tags:
🡱 🡳