Mods: Fallout New Vegas

Started by PZ, October 20, 2010, 09:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

CONELRAD 640-1240 - Civil Defense Radio

Very long description so I used the spoiler tag to condense the text to a reasonable level

Spoiler
QuoteThis mod adds a new radio station to your Pip-Boy 3000.

Hosted by Katrina, the station plays 55 music tracks from the era of the
Atomic Threat, including 29 authentic public service announcements from
Civil Defense Washington.

CONELRAD (Control of Electromagnetic [or Electronic] Radiation) was a method
of emergency broadcasting to the public of the United States in the event of
enemy attack. It was intended to serve two purposes; to prevent Soviet
bombers from homing in on American cities by using radio or TV stations as
beacons, and to provide essential civil defense information on 640-1240.

2 hours, 20 minutes of Music across 55 tracks
22 minutes of PSAs & Civil Defense
Custom station host dialogue

The station is fully scripted as per official stations.

==========
Track List
==========

"Uranium Fever" Elton Britt
"Old Man Atom" Sam Hinton
"Advice to Joe" Roy Acuff
"Atomic Energy" Sir Lancelot
"Bert the Turtle (Duck & Cover Song)" Two-Ton Baker
"Bikini" Dexter Gordon
"Crawl Out Through the Fallout" Sheldon Allman
"Fallout Shelter" Dore Alpert
"Atomic Cocktail" Slim Quartette
"Great Atomic Power" Louvin Brothers
"Hydrogen Bomb" Al Rex
"Jesus Hits Like an Atom Bomb" Valley Trio
"Atom Bomb" Glenn Barber
"A Bomb Bop" Mike Fernandez
"Krushchev and The Devil" Jay Chevalier
"Mr Stalin" Smith, Arthur
"My Radiation Baby (My Teenage Fallout Queen)" George McKelvey
"Old Man Atom" Sons of The Pioneers
"Atom Bomb Baby" Five Stars
"Radioactive Mama" Sheldon Allman
"Aint I Right" Marty Robbins
"Satellite" Teresa Brewer
"Sputniks and Mutniks" Ray Anderson
"Stalin Kicked the Bucket" Ray Anderson
"The Hydrogen Bomb" Rogers, Al
"Atomic Sermon" Billy Hughes
"Trial of Francis Powers" Red River Dave
"Uranium" Commodores
"Russia Russia (Lay That Missile Down)" Prescott Reed
"Atomic Bomb Blues" Homer Harris, Muddy Waters
"Uranium Fever" Rudy Gaddis
"Watch World War 3 (On Pay TV)" Crown City Four
"Atomic Baby" Amos Milburn
"West of the Wall" Fisher, Miss Toni, Shanklin
"The Bear Flew Over the Ocean" Jimmie Driftwood
"When That Hell Bomb Falls" Fred Kirby
"H Bomb" V.A.
"When They Found the Atomic power" Hawkshaw Hawkins
"You Hit Me Like an Atomic Bomb" Fay Simmons
"Tic Tic Tic" Doris Day
"No No Joe" Hank Williams
"When They Drop the Atomic Bomb" Doll, Jackie & His Pickled Peppers
"Thirteen Women" Haley, Bill & Comets
"Fujiyama Mama" Wanda Jackson
"Get That Communist Joe" Kavaliers
"Satellite Baby" Skip Stanley
"Theres a Power Greater Than Atomic" Buchanan Brothers
"Sputnik Satellite Girl" Four Ekkos
"Atom Bomb Baby" Five Stars
"I'm Gonna Dig Myself a Hole" Arthur Crudup
"I'm No Communist" Carson Robison
"Atomic Nightmare" Talbot Bros of Bermuda
"Uranium Rock" Warren Smith
"Atomic Power" Buchanan Brothers

=========================================
Installation & Uninstallation Instructions
=========================================

1. Extract and drop the DATA folder into your install folder
(typically \Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\)
2. Overwrite/merge files and folders when prompted
3. Enable "CONELRAD 640-1240.esp" plugin on the "Data Files" section of
the 'Fallout: New Vegas' Launcher (or in your 3rd party launcher)
4. Wait 10 seconds in-game for your PipBoy to pick up the station reception. Sometimes the game will withhold a radio update until a cell change, so load into a new area if it does not appear.

To un-install simply delete the following folder and .esp file:

1. \Data\Sound\Voice\CONELRAD 640-1240.esp\
2. \Data\CONELRAD 640-1240.esp

I love this radio.  The vanilla game has a limited number of songs that play with annoying repetition.  If you're tired of hearing the "Johnny" song play a dozen times in a single session, then get some kind of radio - this one works well.

PZ

IIWR - Intrusive Invisible Wall Remover

QuoteThis mod removes all of the unnecessary invisible walls throughout the Mojave Wasteland.

The Hoover Dam is currently excluded for quest proofing.

PZ

The Box of Wonders

QuoteSimple Box in GoodSprings that has all the Ammo and Weapons and ammo in the game.This Box is behind the General Goods Store on the Side of the with the reloading bench and workbench.

Version 2 Now includes 2 boxes. The First Box is a cabinet that has Guns Ammo and Mods, and the Box next to it has Armor and Meds.

PZ

Skeleton Key

Now those pesky locked doors give you an additional prompt "Use the skeleton key" in addition to the usual "This door needs a key which you don't have and probably will never find"  ;D For people like me that are typically more FPS gamers, this takes some of the tedium out of finding some of the resources you need.  Sure, I'm cheating, but it is better than not playing the game at all for me.  :-()

Click to see the details:
Spoiler
QuoteDetails
=======
What is there to say : It's a Skeleton Key !! Opens all LOCK'S (DOESN'T HACK TERMINALS !!!!)
When the Skeleton Key is added to your inventory a hidden Perk is added to your character .
Every time you activate a locked container/door a menu will pop-up that gives two choices :
- open with the Skeleton Key
- or attempt to pick the lock

If you choose open with Skeleton Key, it will open no matter what Locklevel the Door/Container is.

Install
=======
1. Copy the .esp file to (install folder)\Fallout3\Data\
2. Start Fallout3 Launcher, click 'Data Files', place a checkmark beside the .esp file(s).

Uninstall
=========
1. Start Fallout3 Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file(s).
2. Delete the .esp file from \Fallout 3\Data\

UPDATE: Because I don't have lots of patience, I use this mod quite often.  There are many instances where I want to get into a room, but don't want to be bothered hunting for a key.

PZ

Darker Nights - Brighter Lights

The images on Nexus made me want this mod - the nights are darker, but the lighting effect is grand.  :-X

Click to see the details:
Spoiler
QuoteFirst, I want to thank Marcurios for his fantastic mod! Without his w@&k I'd never have been motivated to do this. Second, I will not be including his mod in this package, but it is required for this to function properly. You can get his mod here

This mod drastically alters the nights, leaving the wasteland a very dark, foreboding place to explore. However, the existing lighting is brighter and illuminates a larger area in civilized areas. Also, the night vision effect has been improved to feel more authentic.

Installation:

This mod comes with 3 esp's.
1) URWLNV Darker Nights
2) URWLNV Brighter Lights
3) DN More Lights

DN More Lights will be the core of this mod, adding more lights in civilized areas to give each a more lively feel. Considering how dark the wasteland is, it doesn't seem right that Goodsprings only has one lamp post. This is very incomplete, and will be the biggest change for revisions.

I had originally planned to keep these changes to myself, but it's quickly taking on a life of it's own, and maybe a few people out there would enjoy these changes. I am also not trying to step on ACR or Marcurios's toes and respect both of their works. I look forward to seeing their project! Thanks again for the inspiration guys!

PZ

A Weapon House

QuoteThis mod places a house in Nipton that is loaded with All types of weapons and ammo. There are many Unique weapons inside as well.Only take what you need, you can get over encumbered quick with all these weapons. Remember you can go back any time and grab a NEW gun or whatever,and re-stock up on ammo. All ammo boxes respawn.There's also a shelf inside with 2 of each type of skill book.

The Weapon House is located up on a hill.

PZ

Adventurers New Vegas

Many game parameters have been changed to make the game more realistic.  Guns are more dangerous, armor protects better, and the weight of items are among the parameter changes.

Click to display details:
Spoiler
Quote=====================
WHAT IS IT:
=====================
Gameplay and difficulty balancing modifications. Our goals include increasing the fun and challenge of scrounging (less valuable loot in common containers), more realistic item weights, health restoration system changes, making combat deadlier, and more.

Yes, this is the creator of the original Adventurer's mods for Morrowind and Oblivion. This mod is designed in the same spirit; to increase the challenge and balance gameplay without increasing frustration.

This project is split into 2 parts, 1 with economy and item changes, the other with gameplay and combat changes.

=====================
ITEM & ECONOMY CHANGES:
=====================

- Valuable items appear less often in common containers, more junk. Finding valuable and useful items should be less likely, since scavengers have likely searched through most areas.
- most containers have a 3% chance for medium value loot (ammo, cigs, caps, tools, chems, etc.)
- many containers have a 1% chance for rare loot (weapon, ammo, etc.)
- Trash containers are actually filled with worthless trash now (except for small chance for rare loot)
- new leveled lists for

- Changed item weights:
*bottled liquid 1.0 -> .25
*meds 0.0 -> 0.01+
*packaged food 1.0 -> 0.2 avg
*animal meat 1.0 -> 0.4 avg
*fruit 1.0 - 0.15 avg

- Health restoration items changed:
*Stimpaks take at least 2 seconds to w@&k, to prevent god-mode healing even on normal
*Food restores 1 health per second
*Stimpaks heal 30 health, super stims 60
*Animal meat heals 4-15 health
*Cooked meats heal 2x as much
*Fruits heal 5-10 health
*Junk food heals 3-8 health
*Drinks restore 2 health per second
*Water heals 4-16 health
*Sodas restore 6-8 health

=====================
GAMEPLAY & COMBAT CHANGES:
=====================

- Weapons are more powerful. The firefights I've been in so far involved pumping ridiculous amount of lead into the enemy. Guns are supposed to be DANGEROUS, right? Expect more tweaking in the future.
*fDamageWeaponMult 1.0 -> 1.5 (50% more damage from weapons)

- Armor is more effective.
*fArmorRatingBase 0.2 -> 0.3 (armor reduces more damage?)
*fMinDamMultiplier 0.2 -> 0.0 (attacks against highly armored can do 0 damage now)

- Less dismemberment craziness.
*iCombatDismemberPartChance 50 -> 30
*iCombatExplodePartChance 75 -> 55

=====================
INSTALLATION:
=====================
Extract files into your [Fallout New Vegas\Data] directory and them enable the desired plugins in the launcher in the Data Files section.

The Steam version game folder can be tricky to find. Try looking here: [C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas]

PZ

Accuracy International AS 50

Quote12 variants of british sniper rifle. In square brackets after the title: D - default black skin, C1\...\C5 - camouflage skins, Sup - suppressor.
FOR ADMINISTRATION! Models and textures not from Munkeenuts mod. In Munkeenuts mod only one rifle with bipods and another telescopic sight. Also in Munkeenuts mod no variants with camouflage.
Type: Sniper rifle.
Ammo: .50 MG.
Repair: Standart sniper rifles.
Where found: Gun Cabinet with rifles in Primm.

deadman1

New hud

This MOD changes the HUD

HP.AP frame
Crosshair
Target icon
Quest Markers
It also changes the face used for Tutorial commands.

The default version changes the face to a girl. There is an option to leave the face as the Pip-boy, choose which one you like.

"AsukaHUD.zip"
Girl Version

"NEWHUD.zip"
Vault-boy version

Installation:

Please put all the files in the DATA folder.

Uninstallation:

Delete the files contained in the data folder. If you forget their names you can reference the download for their file names.

Look´s good I´ll think I´ll try this one during my session this weekend

PZ

Show me what you have

QuoteLets you access the inventory of everybody.
If you can talk to them it will show an option to access their inventory. You can take what you want from them and they wont care.

I don't know if it will break your game if you take a quest item.

PZ

Clean Up New Vegas

I used the FO3 version of this and it worked exactly as claimed - the frame rate dramatically improved by removing the trash from the waste land.

Spoiler
QuoteDESCRIPTION:
===============

One of my favorite mods (Taking out the Trash) from Fallout 3 was a very simple one. It removed all the ugly trash throughout Fallout 3. This mod aims to do what it did!

You see, Trash in Fallout: New Vegas is actually a static mesh. And like any other static, it has to be rendered by your graphics card separately because it isn't an actual texture. Not only does trash just look plain ugly, (no matter what) but it beats on your graphics card and CPU as you render static after static. Not only does this abuse your Frame Rate, but because trash is a static, it has to be placed on the ground. The result? Trash that "Floats" above the ground. Levitating, evil, FPS-sucking trash! I hate it!

This mod literally cleans up New Vegas by getting rid of these eye sores. Once you boot it up, you'll notice just how different the game looks without the trash everywhere.

If you hate the look of trash in your game and you want a FPS boost, you can't go wrong here. If you are a purist that likes the way trash looks, I recommend a mod floating around that increases the trash resolution.

You will notice a FPS boost in interiors using this mod, especially in vaults. You may also get a FPS boost outside, too.

This mod is *not* a port of Taking Out the Trash. It is completely done by hand by me.

PZ

Shiloh DS - Colored Map and Icons

At last, descent mapping in FNV

Spoiler
QuoteSo... I was wandering through the wasteland practicing my head-shots on some local geckos when I realized I had gone and got myself lost again! Well no problem I thought I'll just use my trusty pipboy and get my bearings. That's when the thought hit me harder than a brahman in mating season. We can blow up the world, we can make all these fancy robots but we still can't manage to get color on our dang pipboys!

Luckily while I was traveling around the D.C neck of the woods Somewhere around Rivet I stumbled upon a kind young fella named Jarvis. He was quite the intriguing kinda guy, knew all sorts about fancy technologies. OK Yes we knocked boots if you really gotta know. Anywho I remembered what he showed me, ABOUT THE PIPBOY you pervs, and I figured I'd pass along that know-how to ya'll.

This is a colored version of the in-game map and "Vegas Style" map icons for Fallout New Vegas.

Please note that this was optimized and looks best if you use WHITE as your pipboy color.

Installation:

Unzip the contents of the rar file into your \fallout new vegas\ directory.

NOTE: This mod requires the use of the Archive Invalidation.txt file (Included). If you are currently using another
mod that also requires this file DO NOT OVERWRITE it. Simply open the version included and copy / paste it into yours.

Follow the same instructions for installing the optional Clean Pipboy Screen. Don't forget to update the Archive Invalidation.txt file!

Uninstall:

In order to uninstall the mod delete the files found in the following directories:

\Data\Textures\Interface\Worldmap
\Data\Textures\Interface\Icons\world map

To uninstall the Clean Pipboy Screen delete the files found in the following directories:

\Data\Textures\Pipboy3000\

Remove the following lines from your Archive Invalidation.txt file:

textures/interface/worldmap/wasteland_nv_1024_no_map.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_cave.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_city.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_encampment.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_factory.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_metro.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_military.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_monument.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_natural_landmark.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_office.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_ruins_sewer.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_ruins_town.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_ruins_urban.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_settlement.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_undiscovered.dds
textures/interface/icons/world map/icon_map_vault.dds

And the following if you are removing the Clean Pipboy Screen:

textures/pipboy3000/pipboydistorteffectmap.dds
textures/pipboy3000/pipboyscanlines.dds
textures/pipboy3000/screenglare.dds
textures/pipboy3000/pipboy.dds
textures/pipboy3000/screen_n.dds

deadman1

Quote from: PZ on October 28, 2010, 04:43:04 PM
Personal Vault

I don't know about you, but I collect vast amounts of materials and have yet to find a reasonable place to store the items.  I wish there was a sorter like was available in the FO3 Hideout mod, but nothing yet.  This one might do for the time being.

Spoiler
QuoteThis is my first housing mod for FO3:NV, although I dabbled a bit with FO3 and Oblivion.

The Personal Vault is located just outside Goodsprings. You can see the Vacant Shack from Doc Mitchell's House.

Inside the shack, you will find a dead body with a note on him. Spoilers are at the bottom of this page if you don't want to figure out the tiny little unmarked quest :)

The Personal Vault features:

2 Entrances
Living area
Computer/Tactical room (purely cosmetic)
Bathrooms (1 communal, 2 en-suite)
2 Bedrooms
Expansive storage room (an ammo box for every type of ammo, gun and armour cabinets)
Crafting room (with both workbenches, and storage. Campfire is outside the Vacant Shack)
Firing Range

Also, I have added a Rebored Hunting Rifle - it takes 5.56mm ammo, and does less damage than the standard hunting rifle. I haven't checked to see if it is repairable with standard hunting rifles (oops!)

There are no cheating or god items in this house. In fact, there is very little in this house except storage and a place to sleep :)

This is a w@&k IN PROGRESS. It is totally usable now, but it needs a few more touches before it's complete. I welcome any ideas, but be aware I do not know how to script, so I can't make any fantastic contraptions.

Future Additions:

Add visual lights to rooms where there are none
More clutter in living area and bedrooms
Make the oven in the kitchen usable as a campfire
Add logs to computer terminal
Change location of back entrance

****Spoilers****

The fast travel point actually points to the back entrance. I put it there because it is closer to the storage area, but slightly further away from Goodsprings. The key is on a dead body near the travel point, and opens the back door. The front door is opened by a keycard on the table in the computer room.

I saw in the comments for this mod that the author of the Underground hideout mod are apparently working on a version of it for New Vegas.

PZ

Fallout New Vegas Stutter Remover Complete

QuoteDescription:
===============
This is a repack of New Vegas Stutter Remover, Alternate D3D9 performance fix for ATI, and Nvidia d3d9 perf fix. None of the mentioned are my w@&k.
I made this repack to help users download one, self-contained fix. These fixes combined remove the stuttering that you may experience while turning,
fighting, moving around, and every other instance of stuttering. This is a great fix if you don't feel like rolling back your drivers (just for one game)
to correct the anti-aliasing/water multisampling conflict. This repack fixes the frame rate issue, stuttering, and allows you to use anti-aliasing
without more stuttering.

PZ

Scope Replacer

Spoiler
QuoteScope Replacer

Sniping in New Vegas was a refreshing change. It felt smoother had better accuracy and was all around more enjoyable. Until you get tired of the red cross hair scope. Finding the laserscope interface to be easier on the eyes I op'ed for a change.

This mod comes in two flavors.

A.) Laserscope: Uses the original laserscope sights to replace the default red-line sights.

B.) Laserscope With Dot: I took a lot of care to add the dot and lose zero-percent accuracy, with a little pixel mapping and a small amount of math I find the dot is a dead-aim addition. After several play tests.. the dot is as accurate as you can get.

Other than the dot, this is was a very simple and quick mod.
Do enjoy and Endorse if you like it!

## Compatibility ##

Will conflict/overwrite any scope mod changing the red-line sights. Will NOT modify scope mods changing laserscopes or binoculars. It only changes mildot_o.dds, other than that there should be no problems. Drop me a message if you find a bug.

// Install:

Extract file any where, select either "laserscope" or "laserscope_with_dot" being sure to use ONLY ONE and drop the texture folder into your fallout data directory.

//Uninstall:

Open Folder - \Bethesda Softworks\Fallout New Vegas\Data\textures\weapons\scope
Delete file: mildot_o.dds

PZ

Mojave Outpost Add On - WIP

Although I'm not using this mod yet, it is interesting and bears watching from time to time because it adds map areas to the game.

Spoiler
QuoteThis adds on and extends the Mojave Wasteland westward from the Mojave Outpost.

This adds onto the Mojave Wasteland, expanding it westward past the mountains that make an impassable barrier. The barriers are not just removed altogether, I removed a few of the barriers at the Mojave Outpost (it's located in the southwest corner of the map). Here's what this mod has.
---
FEATURES:
--------
-Adds a second gate at the Mojave Outpost that is lined up with the road. Also the gates open in the direction that would make the most sense for cars in the U.S. (driving on right hand side of road).
-Adds 2 keys for the gates. The keys are the same and one can open both gates. The Keys are considered property of the NCR and is considered stealing. Loss of Karma from taking key. KEYS ARE OBTAINED AT THE GATE CONTROL BOOTHS ON THE TABLES.
-Opening the gates with a key is not considered trespassing.
-There is a way to jump over the gate and no key is required. You can get over both ways.
-Some scenery is added along the road that extends from the Mojave Outpost so the walk isn't so boring.
-The first area you come across is a town called "Fairbank". There are map markers for the town of "Fairbank" and "Fairbank Checkpoint". At the checkpoint there are Fairbank guards.
-There are currently no citizens in Fairbank.
-None of the buildings in Fairbank are accessible for now but will be in future updates when the interiors are made.
-There is a wall with barriers on one side of the map but on the other side, there is nothing stopping you from wandering outside of the map. (Fix in later update).
-There is not much decoration around the town but A LOT more will come in future updates.
-Adds a non-unique version of the gun "This Machine (M1 Garand) called "Battle Rifle".

.::Known Issues::.
-The Caucasian Fairbank guards all look the same and do not have any dialog.
-"Jack's Sniper Rifle" special attack does not w@&k.
-Any more issues found will be posted here.
-----
--That's all for now. I will update the file on Nexus every so often.

===MORE LOCATIONS TO ACCESS THE WEST MOJAVE WILL BE ADDED IN THE FUTURE WHEN THE MOD GETS BIGGER===

PZ

Recall Device

This sounds good - mark any place for teleportation, and you can transport at any time.

Spoiler
QuoteRecall Device
=============

Written by Robin "betajaen" Southern
Beta tested and assisted by Reo.

What is it?
===========

The Recall Device allows you to "mark" an interior or exterior spot in the Mojave wasteland,
and then can teleport you back to that spot as many times as you like.

Examples of use
===============

- Find an empty house. Mark it for teleportation, and teleport there everytime you
need supplies or a place to sleep.
- Not sure what is around the corridor? Mark your current your position, then test it
out.
- Big scary monster? No problem, just teleport yourself away to safety!
- Bored of walking back and forth on fetch quests? Just put a marker down, and teleport
yourself on the way back!

How to install and to use
=========================

Simple copy the RecallDevice.esp file into your Fallout 3 New Vegas data
folder then enable it the configuration program.

Once your game is running, you'll be automatically given a Teleporter in the weapons
section of your pip-boy, and a Teleporter Marker in the aid section.

How to teleport
===============

Simple equip the teleporter from the weapons menu, and fire it. You and companions
that are following you will be teleported to the marked location.

By default this is outside the Prospector�s Saloon in Good Springs.

How to mark a spot for teleportation
====================================

Go to the spot where you want to mark. Access your pip boy, and from the aid menu, just
click on "Mark here for teleportation". Any future teleportations will bring you there.

Quest warning
=============

You need to be carefull when teleporting whilst doing a Quest. If a quest uses a trigger
to advance the plot, and you teleport pass it. The trigger won't fire and the quest may
appear to be in limbo or act oddly.

PZ

Snuggles the Baby Deathclaw

Spoiler
QuoteTwo versions!

Hardcore Reward- Did you just murder an entire family reunion of Deathclaws on the east side of the river? Damn that was alot of claws. Oh man, that was Snuggles family! Since Snuggles now has nothing better to do, he hopes he can tag along with you!

More Balanced- Snuggles the baby Deathclaw is hanging out in Goodsprings Source, just waiting for the chance to follow the courier around! (Lowered stats and changed attitude and leveling path to be more in line with an early NPC. Probably still OP but not as bad.)

Snuggles hates the Legion because they killed his parents. Sadly, Snuggles can't talk yet. He sure can kill though!

This is my first mod. It is very simple but provides a nice starting npc in Snuggles the baby Deathclaw. I would like to eventually add dialogue and some quests to Snuggles. Try it out and let me know what you think! He levels with your character, and is set up to hopefully not murder any civilians. He attacks Legion on sight.

PZ

Cheat Terminal

Spoiler
QuoteDescription
===========
A Terminal in Doc Mitchells house next to his Vigor machine with lots of options for cheating and other useful options.

One the Terminal you can:
-------------------------
Set SPECIALs and skills to 10 one-by-one or fine tune each of them to your liking.

Add perks and traits. Normal perks, companion perks, challenge perks, implant perks and even perks from Fallout
3 which were not included in NV. Also the option to remove each of the perks and traits.

Items and equipment. All weapons, armor, aid, ammo, weapon mods, meds, food, drinks, books, and miscellaneous
items are obtainable from the terminal. The option to add/remove a portable version of the terminal accessable
from Items and equipment to take with you into the wasteland. Select it in Pipboy listed under Aid and exit
Pipboy will bring up all the terminals options. There are some special weapons in weapons menu, they are:

1. Psychotropic Rifle, looks like a grenade launcher, but shoot globs of frenzying goop. When hit enemies in
close proximity to the poor chump coated in this crap will go insane for 1 min attacking each other. Due to the
projectile arc it's fairly difficult to hit anyone but in VATS it's much easier. Possible to frak up quests if
used too close to friendlys, use with caution.

2. Poisoned Throwing Knives, never really used throwing knives in my first game but I will now. Inflicts minor
damage on hit but will poison 5 points for 1 minute.

3. Lethal Combat Knife, does minor damage but in sneak mode and whilst undetected will cause massive damage,
probably killing outright. Though Deathclaws and such might survive the first strike. Although it will probably
detect you after that so...

4. Super Duper Sledge, same damage as a normal Sledge but will send 'em flying on each hit.

Under Character Cheats you can add 100 action points (I find around 200 is more than enough) also you can add
100 carry weight, add 1000 hit points, add experience, level up beyond 30 once 30 is reached, and add certain
amounts of experience. Alter Karma, repair current weapon or bring up the repair menu based on your own repair
skill. Will need caps for the more expensive repais but caps won't be taken from you. Based on your own repair
skill so a repair skill of 50 will only allow weapons to be repaied to 50%. And lastly there are some player
buffs, here you can:

1. Set critical chance to 100 so you always critical.
2. Damage resistance to 100, still take damage though it will be reduced.
3. Fire, Poison and Radiation resistance, though you will still take that damage but will be reduced.
4. Melee damage to 100, still need to use a weapon.
5. Unarmed damage to 100, but don't equip a weapon.

Under Game Alterations you can Set the timescale, there are 4 option from normal default gametime to realtime.
Set the players height, there's Small, Smaller and Even Smaller, Tall, Taller and Even Taller, also return back
to normal height. Set your repuation with the various communties in the wasteland, increase or decrease. Lastly
Reveal all mapmarkers, which is similar to the Explorer perk but you can instantly fast travel toy them.

Personal Storage. Access remote storage containers, 1 each for weapons, armor, ammo, and and misc items.

Marks and Recalls. The ability to set up to 4 Marks and Recall to them instantly. Use with caution as they can
allow you to bypass some limitations, for example being able to recall out of places and situations you
shouldn't, potentially breaking some quests.

Next to the Terminal there is a Plastic Surgery Console where you can alter facial features and facial hair,
change race, gender and your name.

-New- In game alterations you can now set companions status to essential and back to non-essential. Also the
ability to teleport them to your location. I HIGHLY recommend that you use that feature if you already have that companion though, as some require a quest to be completed first, so don't use it on them. Some were ok though like Arcade, Raul and Versonica as you can hire them soon after talkling to them, but still recommend you get to
where you find them in the first place to hire them. Boone, Cass, Lily and Rex you cannot hire at first so don't
use on those straight away. ED-E is a special case as there are 3 versions of it, the normal version you get at
first, the armor upgraded version and the weapon upgraded version, so I've included all 3. It's possible to have
all 3 at the same time, but you can only bring up the companion command wheel on the main ED-E, the others will
just do what the main one does. Also included the option to dismiss ED-E.

Install
=======
1. Extract the files to a temporary location.
2. Examine the folder structure and make corrections where necessary.
3. Look for Program files, steam, steamapps, common, fallout new vegas. In the fallout new vegas folder look for
another folder called "Data", put the esp. file in there. Run the launcher, click "DATA FILES" and tick the box
next to FalloutNVCheatTerminal. Click ok and run the game, terminal will be next to doc Mitchells vigor machine
at game start.

Uninstall
=========
1. Start Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file(s).
2. Delete the files/folders associated with the mod.

Incompatibility
===============
Only if you have a mod which alters the same space.

PZ

Fallout Mod Manager - FOMM

Finally!  The Fallout Mod Manager has been released and works with both FO3 and FNV, so the single utility organizes both of your games.  I'd highly recommend using the mod manager as a way to keep your game installation squeaky clean.  When I first played FO3, I did not know how to properly use the mod manager, resulting in a game that I reinstalled a couple of times as my installation corrupted due to the large number of mods I used.  Note: the author has taken the mod manager out of alpha.

Spoiler
QuoteI have taken FOMM out of alpha. I'm sure it's not perfect, but I believe it to be sufficiently stable for general use.

This version of FOMM is the first step in expanding the scope of the mod manager. Instead of having two different managers, one for Fallout 3 and another for Fallout: New Vegas, FOMM is able to manage mods for both games from a single install. This ensures that all new features that are added to FOMM will be available for both games. Further, the folders that FOMM uses to store install info and FOMods are now configurable, allowing you to place them wherever you have disk space, rather than wherever FOMM is insalled.

Main Features:
For the mod user:

* Fail-Safe Mod Installs.
      Don't worry if a mod install fails; FOMM cleans up after itself, preventing half-installed mods.
    * Mod Versioning.
      FOMM is able to upgrade mods without have to re-activate them, and without changing which mods overwrite which.
    * Mod Reactivation
      You can change the installation options of mods without have to reinstall them.

For the mod author and tinkerers:

* Configurable Scripts
      Control how your mod can be installed, and give your users choices. You can write powerful install scripts using the flexible XML Configuration scripts, the more powerful C# Scripts, or event the traditional OBMM/OMOD script language.
    * Low-Level Editing Tools
      FOMM still includes: TESsnip, BSA Creator/Unpacker, Shader Editor.

Note to Mod Authors:
FOMod scripts for FO:NV mods should derive from FalloutNewVegasBaseScript, instead of BaseScript. The functions in the scripting language have changed to reflect the differences between FO3 and FO:NV (for example, NVSE instead of FOSE). If your scripts don't derive from FalloutNewVegasBaseScript they will still w@&k, but you won't have access to the new functions, and calling FOSE-related functions will cause your script to fail.

Installation
If you are installing FOMM for the first time:

1. Download the executable installer.
   2. Double-click the installer.
   3. Follow the instructions in the installation wizard.

If you are upgrading from a version of FOMM that is 0.13.0 or newer:

If you are upgrading from a version of FOMM that is older than 0.13.0:

4. Start FOMM.
   5. Select Fallout 3.
   6. Let FOMM migrate your old mods.

FOMM will replace any existing FOMM installation that is 0.13.0 or newer. Any pre-0.13.0 version will be left intact in case you wish to continue using them for Fallout 3. After installing FOMM, if you don't wish to continue using the pre-0.13.0 version, you can uninstall the older version.

Because FOMM is no longer a mod manager for a single game, the recommendations for where to install it have changed since 0.12.x and older versions. Whereas it was usual and recommended to install FOMM in the Fallout game folder, that is no longer the case. While you are free to install FOMM wherever you like, the recommendation is to let FOM install itself in the Program Files directory. This is also true for users running Vista/Win7 with UAC.

When you run FOMM for the first time, you will be asked where you would like to store your FOMods, as well as where you would like to store FOMM mod installation information. The default locations are recommended, but you can specify alternate locations if you wish: for example, if you have a separate drive dedicated to FOMods. The only restriction is that you not set the directories to Fallout's game folder.

Uninstallation
If you wish to go back to an earlier version:

1. Open FOMM.
   2. Deactivate all your mods.
   3. Close FOMM.
   4. Uninstal FOMM.
   5. Install the old FOMM version.
   6. Open the old FOMM.
   7. Activate the desired mods.

PZ

JNF Sniper Zooming

Spoiler
QuoteDescription
-----------

If you used Artorp's brilliant Sniper Zooming mod for Fallout 3 you will be familiar with the functionality of this mod. I've included Artorp's original readme with the download for any technical infromation you might need.

Every weapon that has a scope can now zoom in and out from your target using the mouse wheel! Even weapon added by other modders which have scopes should behave this way! It even works on the binoculars, which actually makes them useful.

This is entirely Artorp's mod, all I've done is copy, paste and edit things in order to make it w@&k in New Vegas.

Requirements
------------
Fallout New Vegas

NVSE - always best to have the latest version:

http://nvse.silverlock.org/

PZ

More Magazines

Spoiler
QuoteThis first volume of what will be an on-going series of mods introduces eleven new magazines to the New Vegas wasteland. There are around fifteen copies of each spread around the Mojave desert, inside buildings and outside, out in the open and in containers. Like the vanilla magazines, each has an effect that, when consumed, lasts for a set period of time before expiring. Most of the magazines are also affected by the Retention and Comprehension perks. I've also attempted to carry on the general vintage seediness of the vanilla skillbooks and magazines.

The effects granted upon consumption vary greatly, and not all of them add skill points like the vanilla ones. Some give core skill bonuses, some detract from one area while adding to another, and some even momentarily add perks. They can be seen below.

Captain America - Commie Basher! = Crit Chance +6 for one minute/-2 Perception for one minute.
Bedtime Stories = Charisma +1 for one minute/-1 Perception for one minute.
If the Bomb Drops - A Guide to Nuclear Radiation = +30 Radiation Resistance for one minute/+10 medicine for one minute/-2 Agility for one minute.
Rifle Magazine = Commando Perk for two minutes.
The Big Book of Lesbian Horse Stories = Cherchez La Femme perk for two minutes.
Saturday Evening Post = +2 intelligence for one minute/-15 AP for one minute.
Dime Sports = Finesse Perk for two minutes.
Treasure Hunting Monthly = Fortune Finder for five minutes.
Bomb Shelters - A Primer = +12 Survival for one minute/-1 Luck for one minute.
This is Tomorrow - America Under Communism! = + 3 Damage Threshold for one minute/-15 AP for one minute.
Untamed - Death Orgy of the Doomed Vice Queens = Bloody Mess Perk for two minutes/-2 Damage Resistance

Bonuses and detractions are designed to be a bit more tactical, where one is often required to weigh options before using the magazine.

And in general this mod gives you more stuff to collect and hoard. That's always been one of my favorite things to do in Fallout, and I doubt I'm alone. This ones aren't always out in plain sight, and there aren't quite as many of them as there are vanilla magazines, so be prepared to snoop around a bit.

-

To install, drop the mod and the textures file into your 'fallout new vegas/data' folder and either check this mod in the launcher under 'Data Files' or use NVMM.

PZ

Fast New Game

QuoteYou often start New Game and tired again and again listen Doc's speeches and answer his questions? No more boring game start! After skipping first intro (you skip it, right?), you can immediately pick all parameters (name, chargen, special, tags, traits, soft/hardmode) and freely go where you want!

If you have mods what activates after completing (or picking) this first tutorial quest - they will also w@&k normal

PZ

Good Things in Goodsprings

This is the first of the player houses that contains automatic sorters.  Although not to the caliber of the FO3 Hideout, it should certainly do until the Hideout author makes one for FNV

Spoiler
QuoteGood Things in Goodsprings...

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!

Here is my latest w@&k, and first of this magnitude, A player house in Good spings.. yeahh I know a few have popped up since
I started this, But Ive been on this almost a month solid..

I have learnt alot in that time.. Wow, Its been a journey..

Im yet to actually play the game lol.. Well to get out of GS at Least..

Ok,

The House Is right across the road from the General Store and the Tavern, So a prime location for buying and Selling..
It is NAVMeshed and there shouldnt be any problems with that..

The house itself is more for followers, With the Player Area in the basement.. Ohh goody..
The area of importance (downstairs) includes...

An Area to grow and Harvest Fresh Food.. Perfect for hardcore mode.... You can re harvest the food every 2-3 days

A player living area, With Plenty of storage, and a few secrets, I wont divulge here..

A bathroom where you can change your Hair/Race and look.. Cooooolll....

A firing Range

An Armory with a Materials sorter for all the custom items to be made..

A weapons Display wall (NOTE) Does not display Modded Weapons.

Sorted weapons Cabinets All you have to do is click Add Weapons to the various cabinets I moved away from the sorter Idea a little
and went with the Quick Cabinets idea.. Saves alot of time..

The Armour and Ammo boxes are the same, Quick Cabinets.. The bonus is If you come back and want to offload just 10mm ammo, it is
done in one click, instead of adding it all through a sorter then having to retrieve what you want again..

And lastly a Junk Sorter.. very very handy...

OK, Having tested everything, I havnt found any problems.. But Im sure therell be some, somewhere..

Now having sorted armour and weapons the best I could I may have missed some, so they may not get sorted as you may expect, If you come across anything
let me know.. But I know modded weapons etc wont sort..
I can safely say though that around 95% of the weapons and armour have been accounted for..

PZ

Fast-Travel from anwhere

This Mod will enable the fast-travel option in every indoor cell. You can now pick up your quest important whatchamacallit and directly fast travel to the Location where the NPC to give it to sits.

Tags:
🡱 🡳