FO3 New Vegas

Started by deadman1, February 18, 2010, 11:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

I don´t kknow if this is the right place for this but here´s en interview with Pete Hines from Bethesda among others in USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/life/20100216/fallout16_st.art.htm

Edit: I corrected the first paragraph a little. In the future I´ll read the articles before rushing to post links to them here   :D

PZ

Interesting article deadman, looks like a game that might be another winner  :-X

deadman1

I will definately keep an eye on this game.

Art Blade

don't rush it, deadman  ;) ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Sounds like they arent messing with a good(and profitable) formula. :-X And blue skies!! yippee! Hopfully we wont need to install 50 mods just to make it into a great FPS. ;)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

ninzza

Quote from: Ricamundo on February 19, 2010, 03:50:44 AM
And blue skies!! yippee!

I like games have vibrant color pallete, that's one of main reasons FO New Vegas interests me.

deadman1

Here are some fresh screensshots, just released by Bethesda:
http://www.fz.se/spel/fallout-new-vegas/pc?tab=images

PZ

Nice - the texture of the rocks is reminiscent of FO3

ninzza

Preview:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1086462p1.html

"You can now aim down the sights like most standard first-person shooters, and the game options can be tweaked to add in the cinematic, slow-mo kill cam previously only available through VATS"

:-X good news for me or anyone who prefers real time shooting than using VATS.

PZ

That's a great improvement over FO3.  While VATS was an interesting diversion for a while, it takes the gamer out of the immersion, and more into a 3rd person movie-like perspective.

Ricamundo

Thx for the linkage. That's a concise and informative little mini review there. 8) I hope we can still play in first person, and hopefully, VATS can be turned off.

The Hardcore mode sounds very cool, but i'll definately avoid that mode the first couple of playthru's, until i get to know my way around a bit. Having to account for the weight of ammo, and eating and drinking constantly to keep up your strength, will add a lot into the immersion of the game! ;)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

deadman1

I agree, proper FPS aiming and not being able to carry a bazillion rounds of ammo will really make the game more interesting but like you I think I´ll stick with the regular mode for the first playthrough.

deadman1

Here´s a little gameplaymovie just released. I think we´ll se a lot more of like this when E3 starts next week.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-fallout-new/101172

JRD

You can pre-order at STEAM already
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

This is another game I'm really excited for - and I haven't even completed all I want to do in FO3!  Too many games, not enough time.

deadman1

Breaking news!!! Ehh maybe not, but I just found out that FO:new vegas will be released on October 22 here in sweden. I beleive that will most likely also be the releasedate for the rest if europe.

Art Blade

Thanks deadman, and for posting that date in the Events, too  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

Really looking forward to FONV, especially after seeing the trailers. 8) I haven't bought a game since picking up FO3 a year ago, and it isnt thru lack of trying that i haven't bought anything since. it's just that FO3 and FC2 have spoiled me into not buying any game less than a toally cool 10/10. ;D

JRD

Hey Ricamundo... long time no see!

Good to hear from you, mate!  :-X

I remember you searching for a new game. It seems that you didn`t find any, after all eh?! Recently only games discussed here are 3rd person and you are a FPS-only kind of guy!

Me, I`m going backwards and re-buying games I loved some 10 years ago since I lack a proper rig to play new games for the time being!  :(

Anyway, FONV is due this fall... hope you and the other guys enjoy what it brings!  :-X

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Ricamundo

Hey JRD. ;) Ive been pretty lazy the last few months and ive more or less stopped posting on any of my forums of inrterest. I still visit tho.

You're right about the lack of new games that have attracted my attention of late. So many cool 3rd person or console only games, but nothing for us first person PC gamers, except Call Of Prpiyat, which is not available in Canada afaik. >:(

I've circled Oct/10 fro FONV, and in the meantime, ive played FEAR 1, and I just started my 9th playthru of FC2. ;D Man, i still love it. I played for 5 hours straight yesterday. :-[ I'll play FO3 again after, and that should get me close to October. :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳