First person mode

Started by PZ, April 14, 2015, 04:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Just purchased my retail copy of GTAV and on the box it mentions an included first person mode.  Found a few pics:

They must be thinking about you D_B

PZ

Binnatics

Yep, I checked it, it looks cool! You can spot the inside of your car all around you, was looking for funny details in the Pißwasser truck :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Half of gauges w@&k also, so thats a nice feature also in FPM.
I like to use the FPM when driving, much more natural to me.  :angel:

Dweller_Benthos

Well, that does look interesting, just might be a possibility for me then. Not for a while though, I want to at least finish FC4 first.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

OWGKID

Just tried first person mode in GTA V today. It turns into a complete different game  ??? ??? :-D :-D ^-^ ^-^
LEGACY

PZ

Interesting - better? worse?

OWGKID

Better and more immersive :-D :-D I replied to a comment on R*'s fps trailer like this: "It looks like Grand Cry Auto"  since a guy commented for fun: "Didn't knew that Far Cry 4 was set in a city" :laugh:
LEGACY

PZ

:-D  it will be fun to try it out, but I am perfectly fine with 3rd person as well - kind of fun watching your character beating up people  >:D

Art Blade

I case you struggle aiming down your gun in FPM, use the zoom option (like, the mouse wheel) to actually use sights.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art Blade

and while we're on it, anyone new to the game here..

Q: HOW THE FUDGE DO I GET THIS FIRST PERSON VIEW TO w@&k?

A: CYCLE THROUGH THE CAMERA (VIEW) BUTTON UNTIL YOU'RE IN FIRST PERSON.

8-X :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 15, 2015, 08:19:55 AM
Well, that does look interesting, just might be a possibility for me then. Not for a while though, I want to at least finish FC4 first.

D_B, I just checked my few achievements on steam, one of which is

"A New Perspective
Play GTA V for 15 hours in first person mode."

and as of now, only a 1.7% of all players have achieved it.

That made me want to tell you: Get this game. Best open world, ever. And you can play it in 1st person all the way. I mostly play 1st person.

PZ

I have to admit that it is rare to find the magnitude of the open world, and unique places to explore in this game, and I have not been that fond of the series in the past.

Binnatics

I found out that when diving, either scuba diving or using a submarine, will be a lot better in FPM. under water your character will be in the center of your vision, making it very hard to look straight forward. Especially with the light-beams aiming just ahead of you, it is much better navigating in FPM :)

Art Blade

not to mention all the nice different dashboards of all the vehicles in FPM. It has never been more satisfying to run people over and watch them slide up and away over your windscreen :-D

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on April 21, 2015, 04:07:19 PM
D_B, I just checked my few achievements on steam, one of which is

"A New Perspective
Play GTA V for 15 hours in first person mode."

and as of now, only a 1.7% of all players have achieved it.

That made me want to tell you: Get this game. Best open world, ever. And you can play it in 1st person all the way. I mostly play 1st person.

I actually looked at it in Best Buy last weekend, had the ca$h on me too, but I want to wait a bit. First thing I want is to get a new video card, 970 or 980 I think.

Anyone know if the retail, bought in store on disc version is steam or do they have a separate launcher thing like Ubi does? I may skip the retail product if it's not steam, as getting updates without steam is a pain, like Ubi.

So, any experiences with that would help me out.
D_B

OWGKID

Retail copies doesn't go through Steam. They only go through Social Club ;)
LEGACY

Binnatics

It will not have Steam compatibility. If you want the Steam version, which I recommend, you will have to buy it through Steam. The only way I got a Steam game once, without paying Steam for it, was a free edition of Dirt2 that came with my new graphics card. It read on the box that you'd get a free download through steam ;)
You can link any game of your choice to Steam, making launching through Steam and Steam overlay possible, but it will not act like a Steam game related to achievements, statistics and updates.

Binnatics

Oh, you beat me on that GKID :)
Indeed, an option might be to buy it through Rockstar Warehouse. They may deliver comparable functionality, but I already used the Steam-invite option to invite GKID  to a lobby we wanted to share in private. Worked easier than the RSC options to invite ppl ;)

Definitely try to get the Steam version 8)

OWGKID

You did explain why it doesn't w@&k with Steam in difference to me  ;)
LEGACY

PZ

Rockstar's Social Club is in the form of their own client which checks for updates and launches the game much like the Ubi launcher.

The other disadvantage of the physical media is that you'll be doing 6 gb of updates right off the bat.  In fact, the only advantage to the disc set is that it saves you 59 gb of download, so if you have a particularly slow internet connection (or bandwidth limits) that might be a factor.

Welcome to the dark side, D_B  :-X

Art Blade

I can already envision D_B hauling his portable data storage device to his office drooling all over the place while downloading the game. :-D

D_B, if you buy scopes for your weapons and "zoom" in, you'll be able to use red dot sights and sniper scopes. :-D

Dweller_Benthos

Either way, I have to download at w@&k and carry it home, it's just that Steam is easier to do with the auto-backup and restore feature, I don't know how the rockstar thing works or if they even have a backup feature. The lack of backup is what makes Far Cry so much of a pain to update, luckily the setup they have is easy to figure out, I don't know what rockstar has or if it's even possible to do a "hack" fix to get a backup to transfer.

Anyone have any experience with that? Does the rockstar thing have any sort of backup ability where you can transfer the game data to another computer?

At this point I think I'll just get it on Steam and be done with it. I take it most of you guys have it on Steam?
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳