example for normal LCN stock market trading (no mission-related events)

Started by Art Blade, April 19, 2015, 09:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

nice. :-D

Sounds as if you did it right despite a little bad luck with the graph going down more before going back up. And yes, it works  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, fooled around a bit more last night with more money. Found that waiting for a higher return percentage might not be worth the time spent, at least at low money invested levels. Might be better to take a 5% or 6% gain that comes in a shorter term and reinvest quickly to get another 5%-6% as it seems waiting for the higher returns takes a bit. The stock I was looking at last night had a high of $95 or so, but it never got above $68 while I was watching it. Since I bought at about $62 that was decent enough for me. Building up to higher investments slowly. I'll see how much I can get before I do any more missions. Though I did make some money in street races and by capping some guys in the middle of a mugging, more to invest with, lol.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I think you're doing it just right.  :)

And yes.. you'll find it more fun with more money involved. It does make a difference and you know what I mean when you can say, "damn, that 1.5 return percentage is pretty much enough to buy a new yacht."  :-()

Those "high" values to me are just an indicator as to how high the current value is comparing it with that high. If it is a lot below, there is a chance that you can make good money now but not if the curve isn't a curve but a constant contraction. Always go for a graph that shows expansions, too.  If it is just now creating new highs, then it is likely going to drop soon but we may never know unless we watch.. with or without investing. You see, it amounts to gambling and statistics.

However, the examples given in this topic pretty much cover everything I know and you should be able to make money if you keep those tips in mind.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, that's what I've been doing, but the last few stocks I tried seemed very volatile at least at the start. Decent gain, but not too much, maybe 3%, then a steep drop to even below my buying price, then another steep gain to again maybe 2-3% and another steep drop. This might go on for a while. So I decided to just cut at the next decent gain and it seemed to go up a bit, and made around $250 or so. Then I went out and robbed a convenience store and made twice that lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

fragger

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 16, 2015, 11:28:22 AM
...Then I went out and robbed a convenience store and made twice that lol

Ah, the direct approach :-()

PZ

I think that I'll always be a welfare person, depending on social services for my daily survival.

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳