Respawns

Started by wexer9, January 28, 2010, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wexer9

What respawns and what doesn't?

• Large ammo/explosive/fuel dumps
  • Small ammo/explosive/fuel/health pickups
  • Shanties (explodable shacks, etc.)
  • Boards (across doors, etc. that you can hack away)
  • Yellow explosive barrels
  • Large white petrol containers

Mercs and vehicles are a given: they certainly respawn. :P

I'll add more if I think of anything...

Art Blade

Nice idea, that topic  :)

• Everything you can burn or blow up, to make it simple  ;D
  • And everything you can carry, drive, or kick around  ;D
  • everything you can break apart

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

wexer9

I once read that the large white petrol containers did not respawn.

Art Blade

Best example: Post Office in Bowa.

Well, yes and no.

If you leave the immediate area, everything but that large tank respawns. But if you drive to Leboa and return to Bowa, it will be there again, intact. So you need a large area respawn to make it w@&k :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

wexer9

Quote from: Art Blade on January 28, 2010, 01:21:15 PM
Best example: Post Office in Bowa.

Well, yes and no.

If you leave the immediate area, everything but that large tank respawns. But if you drive to Leboa and return to Bowa, it will be there again, intact. So you need a large area respawn to make it w@&k :)

Hmm, okay, thanks! Is that the only think that requires a full-map respawn?

What do you mean about the Post Office?

Art Blade

The post office has all kinds of large tanks, the biggest one is on the border to a hill at the outer parts of PO, near the road that leads into PO from the east. It's the biggest type of tank I can think of. Another couple of those tanks can be found at Weelegol Village. Once they are destroyed, they remain in a state that reminds of a giant burst sausage  ;D Until you manage to get the entire area to respawn, from my experience a trip to Leboa does the trick once you return to Bowa :)

RedRaven

Animals re-spawn too. Can't forget about them ;)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

wexer9

Quote from: RedRaven on January 28, 2010, 02:09:22 PM
Animals re-spawn too. Can't forget about them ;)

Lol, of course not. :-X

Art Blade

hehehe, indeed  ;D :-X

PZ

Another large propane tank at the airport

Art Blade

Ah, yeah, indeed  :)

mandru

When you drive out over a grassy area you leave tire marks in the grass but after you've been gone a while your track marks fade out.

The reason I mention tire marks is I can't tell you how many times I've had to find my way back to a specific feature by retracing the way I came into an area by following my tire marks back out.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Good observation, mandru :-X

On propane tanks: another one at the GP just east of the Occidental Growers Company. This is a fun one to set off as it takes out an AT, the molotov store, some barrels and stuff, and the odd merc or two. Nice big explosion! :P

wexer9

Thanks for the locations of the large propane tanks, I will certainly have to destroy them some time! And I will be safe in the knowledge that they will be there again to shoot once I go from North to South and come back. :)

Also, I have noticed the path you cut through tall grass with vehicles, but have never really used it in a practical way.

PZ

Good tip mandru; I too occasionally lose my way because I'm looking for something off the beaten path - however, I never noticed the tire track feature.  :-X

Art Blade

I've noticed they go quite far, first time I really used them was when I had to kill a moving target around that airfield in the south of Leboa.

I wanted to know which way they went (they drive a circle but do some part off-road) so I could prepare an ambush. So when they passed me, I got up and to the spot they'd been through when I noticed that track. I followed that track and found a nice place to hide and surprise them on their next through... :) Ever since, I use it to find my way back out of the grassy areas, to the exact point where I left the road.

mandru

Now.  Just where did I leave that road?!?  ;D

Ah yes I know the feeling well.  :-X
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

wexer9

Quote from: Art Blade on January 29, 2010, 10:21:11 AM
I've noticed they go quite far, first time I really used them was when I had to kill a moving target around that airfield in the south of Leboa.

I wanted to know which way they went (they drive a circle but do some part off-road) so I could prepare an ambush. So when they passed me, I got up and to the spot they'd been through when I noticed that track. I followed that track and found a nice place to hide and surprise them on their next through... :) Ever since, I use it to find my way back out of the grassy areas, to the exact point where I left the road.

Both very clever uses. I will use these tips to figure out exactly where to place my IEDs, and to find exactly where my car is when I have to go off-road looking for a diamond case. Thanks! :-X

Dweller_Benthos

If you burn the leaves off a tree, they will grow back, but slowly. Saw a video of it once.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on January 28, 2010, 03:40:28 PM
Another large propane tank at the airport

I've just arrived at Leboa airport, for a cell tower assessination. I sniped the sniper and climbed his tower. From there I had a nice view over the airport, and I saw that large propane tank... with a large flame shooting into the sky. I was puzzled for a moment, then I remembered: I had been here before, for diamonds. Quite some time before. Back then I thought, "don't blow that tank up this time, just shoot a nice hole right into that top bulge of it and return a little later to check what happened to the tank."

Obviously I forgot to return "a little" later, but to my surprise, that tank is still burning...  :)

fragger

Interesting... I assumed that those blew up at some point, even after you'd left the area, but evidently not. Maybe if you hang around for a while without leaving the area it'll eventually blow up?

Art Blade

They blow up if they set themselves on fire (by burning the surrounding grounds) and probably after sporting a couple of holes for some time. Since I shot the top of it, it couldn't set anything on fire except the air above it  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳