Lineage 2

Started by Fiach, September 01, 2012, 07:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

I used to play Lineage 2 back when it was released, but quit at about lv 6X (lv cap 75 I think at the time), it was such a fecking grind, it wasnt funny.

On saying that I loved the classes (Spellhowler is still the best mage class I have ever played)., the look of the armour and weapons, even the orc characters/classes looked awesome.

Anyway, I put on my rose tinted glasses a week or so ago and took a walk down memory lane, I couldnt believe what I saw, I took the glasses off, wiped them and put them back on...Wow it was rose tinted without the glasses as well!

Anyway, y'know how you get all these f2p MMO's, well Lineage really goes to town on what it calls f2p.

Double XP, every equipment milestone you get a package with top tier equipment and jewellery and buff items and weapon "shots" that make your weapons hit with more power, a quest template for each of your characters, so you know exactly where to go for hunting mobs of the correct level for you. Also there are buff bots in each town that give you a range of buffs that last an hour and you can get them as often as you like. You dont really need health pots as monster drop health and mana potions periodically.

Now of course the catch is that each tier of freebie equipment only lasts 30 days, but tbh, thats no biggie initially, as you will outgrow your gear in few days anyway, so after a few weeks you will be at about lv 75, what do you do for gear...

Well apart from the fact that the free Lv 75 gear lasts not for 30 days, but 90 days (it really goes out of its way to give you time to ensure that you like the game before investing in it in any way.) . . . Well the monsters drop much more money than the original game did, so you will be self sufficant.

Also, at class change, you will get enough points to get a free set of armour, weapons and jewels, these are permenant items and have no time limits, so at Lv 20, 40 and 75, you will have permanent free gear, while not as "flashy" as the 30 day gear, it will be sufficant unto your needs.

Its easily the best f2p experience I have had so far, but just be forwarned, there is an "Item Shop", where you can buy cosmetic items and +XP runes etc. but really, you do not need them to play this game.

Anyway, a few links.

Where to hunt plus account set up and d/l link and the free gifts you get at certain level tiers.
http://truly-free.lineage2.com/path

Classes and Races
http://www.l2gc.com/races/
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳