Interstellar Marines

Started by Jim di Griz, September 01, 2012, 06:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim di Griz

This project has been around for a long, long time. Created by Zero Point in 2005 they had an idea and went to the big names who all seemed to like what they saw - trouble was, they all wanted to change things and were willing to give so little bac in return.

The guys decided they'd try it alone instead, go the fan route and so a long slog ensued. I've followed their progress for quite some time and the updates seemed to get fewer and further between, which was sad because I think they have a good sense of humour and the game looked like it could be odd, but fun.

http://uk.gamespot.com/interstellar-marines/videos/interstellar-marines-official-movie-1-6212619/

True, the game does seem very Aliens: Colonial Marines in style and I was afraid that by the time they got the game out there, it would look dated or worse still, be seen as superfluous.

Interstellar Marines - Photo Session Teaser [ HD ]

They've had a browser based training camp and online via their site since maybe 2009 (I'm not sure) but now have gone to Kickstarter and since May have a new website and things finally seem to be moving along - yay!  :-X

Interstellar Marines

You can support by enlisting as a marine on their site, get the final game for half-price and take part in all the testing phases - like so many games are doing now. The have a new trailer and I do think things are starting to heat up.

Interstellar Marines: Prologue 0.4.3 (Official)

This will be for all platforms eventually, but given the high percentage of PC gamers here who like their SF shooters, I thought I'd post it here.

Quite a lovely, heart-warming story really, all instigated before Kickstarter was even thought about too - fair play to Zero Point Software.
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer  - Major Holdridge
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Fiach

I'm not a big fps fan, but it reminds me of Killzone on PS2 for some reason. Nice find though, I'll keep an eye on it, nice to see something different to CoD clones :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

apart from the rain bit (kind of a fashion, recently, to put rain, rain, and more rain into games) it does look promising :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳