New Events trailer

Started by DKM2, May 08, 2009, 09:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKM2

Has a cool race start clip, and little clips of all the events.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOO5Gf1rC-s
Motorcycle riders don't fair too well in the Seek & Destroy event it seems.   ;)

Oddly enough, my two usual game stores here in Canada say release May 14, not 26. we'll see. we'll see...

Also I seen on gamestop that preorders of the game will have bonus codes (entry) like FC2 did.
You get an Exclusive in-game Warrior vehicle to impress the ladies.
Looks like a wire cage with wheels, I wonder if the wife would like it, because I had my heart set on a M1.
damn them.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

spaceboy

oooh I got chills watching that.  I didn't know there were ALL those race types.  Thanks so much for posting it DKM2!  I liked the heli-drop - I know it's just for the start of the race, but it looked cool. 

It also should answer the question about destructive vehicles, i saw some car parts flying around.

Interesting on the release date you saw, maybe Canadians will get a break.  I just got an email from Codemasters mailing list re-iterating 5/26.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

JRD

Now what's my FC2 tuned buggy doing out there? ;D
Great vid DKM2... I see pretty bad damage in vehicles  8)
And the chpper chase idea is just incredible... I'm liking that Fuel thing more everyday...
And the soundtrack seems just what I would play on my stereo while playing the game... MAX VOLUME, of course......
Woooooo hoooooooooo
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

DKM2

Yeah, I'm getting that "got to have it" feeling, my poor fleasa card.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

great vid... woooo-hooooo!
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I'll need a joystick for this one...  ;D
One of those like a PS3 controller, so I can use it to play Flight Simulator X too....
I know one of those wheels with pedals and stuff would be perfect for Fuel and another joystick specific for airplane games to play FSX, but it's too much for me...
Any ideas about a good PS3-like controller for PC?

DKM2

The only one I know is the Logitech Rumblepad, its PS2 actually.

I don't know about the whole steering wheel thing, the wife and kids already
think I'm nuts after buying this http://www.ambx.com
But hey, headphones on, beer in hand, rolling down the road in Africa with the wind in my face.
*sings* Born to be Wild.

JRD

Thanks DKM2.. I was checking PZ's posts from when he was about to buy his beast... all too complicated for me  :-[ .... think I'll get a PS2-PS3- controller... I remember having lots of fun with a PlayStation controller after all...

And that amBX is really cool.. it respond to colors on screen, I thought it was stimulated by sound...... thats great... I know some levels on FC2 or Crysis it would be a Disco Inferno in my bedroom  ;D

Art Blade

DKM2, thanks for that link. Always wondered what that option in FC2 was doing... now I see :) you madman heheh  :-X

JRD, LOL @ disco inferno  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

Found a copy of the press release for this trailer
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352677

I didn't care too much for the statement; PC edition to follow.
Someone asked the ?, no answer.  :(

spaceboy

To me that's strange.  I don't understand why all platforms and countries wouldn't release all at the same time.

spaceboy

Here's the gist of the article DKM2 posted describing some of the races etc.

"FUEL's unprecedented 5,000 square mile+ racing environment is the perfect setting for a huge range of new and classic race events. The video features quads, buggies, bikes, cars and trucks competing in unique challenges that include 'Chopper Chase', where players must negotiate FUEL's challenging terrain to overtake a helicopter and 'Seek and Destroy' where gamers must crash into designated rivals.

Other events include 'Speed Run' where players must complete a course against the clock using any route they choose and 'Blitz', which has players dashing from checkpoint to checkpoint to reset the timer in a series of tense sprints. These challenges are complimented with classic events, such as 'Checkpoint', 'Circuit' and large-scale 'Raid' races, but come with a twist as FUEL's fully-open, corridor-free world powers real player choice when it comes to route selection and taking short-cuts. FUEL also comes complete with a powerful and intuitive race editor to create their own events set anywhere in the world and even share them online.

With extensive online multiplayer options, enabling up to 16 players to race against each other or explore the huge world in free ride, FUEL is set to become the ultimate racing sandbox when it launches Friday May 29th† for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® with a Games For Windows® edition to follow."

DKM2

JRD

Excellent vids DKM2...
Great fun to race like this...funny how he bounced on that tree and that rock, but, whatever works to make the race dynamic ;)
I wonder if you really can just skip the tracks and go your own way... the tracks must be quite linear to avoid a monster short cut  :)

Art Blade

thanks for the links, DKM2

All I can say is "amazing" - must have  ;D

DKM2

From what I gather the tracks are just checkpoints, big circles you must pass through
to get to the next one, HOW you get to each one is your choice.
Straight line would be the shortest if possible but,
doing the Evil Knievel Snake river canyon thing could be risky though.   8)

spaceboy

Thanks DKM2.  I at least saw one branch break off when he drove through it so there's some destruction (I wonder if the bigger cars/trucks can take out small trees).  The first vid also solves the question about crashing - it looked like a quick FUEL logo and you restart with a new bike.  No wrenches I guess...

PZ

The map you put on the front page looks great spaceboy,

I sure do hope we have the opportunity to create maps like we did for FC2!   :-X

DKM2

Hmmm, Spent some time this morning checking places I usually buy my games.
Every one has the PC version removed now.
bestbuy.ca futureshop.ca and ebgames
:(    :'(      >:( >:( >:( >:(

JRD

hmmmm thats bad news  :(

Tags:
🡱 🡳