Santana

Started by Art Blade, March 11, 2016, 10:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Oh yes..  Soul Sacrifice 1969 "Woodstock" :-X
! No longer available
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I think it is amazing that those guys were only just around 20 years old. They were not yet known but boy, did they make an entrance :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Funny that this video made me think about the same; I always see those artists like Jimi Hendrix, Santana and all the other hippies of the Woodstock times as very adult. It's hard to realise that they are indeed only 20 years old ???
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

They sure look like kids now  :-()  Santana has a place not far from us.

fragger

Santana's still going strong after all these years. He comes out to Oz quite frequently - I've been to his concerts here on six occasions over the years. He's been here more often than that, but I didn't always get to see him. For an overseas headliner act, that's quite a large number of visits.

Last time I saw Santana was about 16 years ago, at an outdoor venue called Centennial Park in Sydney (he's been back since, but I don't live in a city any more). This park is a lovely big public affair close to the CBD, sort of like Sydney's version of New York's Central Park but without the rectangularity :-() A bunch of us went to see him on his first of three nights there, and one of that bunch was my best mate (I'll call him "Jock", not his real name) who lived just down the road from the park. Stupidly, as it turned out, we all bought tickets. I say "stupidly" because it turned out that we could have stayed just outside the venue barricades and still could have seen, and certainly heard, the show. So the next night, me, Jock, and another friend walked to the park and sat outside the venue for the second show. We could see everything quite well as we were sitting on a slight grassy rise at the park's edge (we were at a distance from the stage, but it wasn't huge - maybe 500 yards/meters) and the sound was crystal-clear. I go to concerts to listen anyway, I don't care that much about seeing up close, unless it's to maybe observe technique, but I'd rather just listen anyway. I like hearing what the musicians are doing, not seeing how sweaty they can get :-()

I've always preferred Santana's older stuff, and so, evidently, do a lot of other people. At the time of the concert above he had recently released his "Supernatural" album, and the first half of the show was mostly taken up with material from that. Everybody stayed in their temporary plastic seats for those numbers, but it was during the second half when he started doing his old classics like Black Magic Woman and Soul Sacrifice that everybody got up and started bopping around :-D

Binnatics

I agree on the older stuff being the best too :-X :)

I also like the trippy s#!t from Caravanserai:

! No longer available

Art Blade

Oh, F this S >:((

Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music from SME, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.

However, I've got quite a few of his records (yep, vinyl) and may listen to those. :-D

Binnatics

That GEMA is a plague, incredible :-\\

What do artists in Gerany think of this protection they get? Especially young, upcoming artists who need publicity to get their stuff known? Oh, GEMA probably doesn't block those :angel:

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳