GTA-V: PZ's first impressions

Started by PZ, September 19, 2013, 05:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Sadly I can't play until this weekend, but am looking forward to trying it out.  Durian will have the results posted well before then, I suspect.  :)

Art Blade

so, something for you to look forward to :) Good we have durian for keeping us posted up  ^-^
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed, but I suspect things will really take off when the PC version comes out and we can start screen capturing away.

By the way, I'm slowly learning the controller layout day by day.  :-()

Art Blade

nice, I hope you have the rewards for learning it  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

durian

Art, I tried to do that while I was riding a motorcycle. I selected bare fist but when I pressed L1 to use it, Franklin automatically used the gun.

He who understands others is intelligent
He who understands himself is wise (Tao Te Ching)

Art Blade

pity.. didn't you mention a key to interact with people while walking, does that w@&k? I watched a video with a player as Franklin riding a bicycle and waving his middle finger to every car he passed; also Trevor on a motorbike who showed it to cops sitting in a car watching traffic. It was a riot  :-D

durian

yeah there's a button to interact with NPC's but it only triggers the character to say something.

I will try to do it again.

Art Blade

there has to be a way, they did it and it was great. I think I could do that all day long for some time  :laugh:

durian

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

I realised that, too, while typing it.. and decided to leave it as is  :-D I actually meant, "for a couple of days in a row" :)

PZ

Tried some off-roading today, and it was great - you can go just about anywhere except up the unreasonable (like a cliffside).  The desert and mountains also make great getaway places - especially if you're on a motorbike.  I also found a Baja bug, and it is surprisingly good off road.

Had a funny moment - wanted to try out the voice interacting with some bum wearing a wife beater, and he gave me lip - beat him up and the loser didn't even have any money on him.

I also saw the cops chasing some SUV, which finally stopped.  Both cops were killed as were two of the villains - I took the weapons, money, and ammunition from all.  >:D

Art Blade

Binnatics

Quote from: PZ on October 04, 2013, 07:20:02 PM
Tried some off-roading today, and it was great - you can go just about anywhere except up the unreasonable (like a cliffside).  The desert and mountains also make great getaway places - especially if you're on a motorbike.  I also found a Baja bug, and it is surprisingly good off road.

Had a funny moment - wanted to try out the voice interacting with some bum wearing a wife beater, and he gave me lip - beat him up and the loser didn't even have any money on him.

I also saw the cops chasing some SUV, which finally stopped.  Both cops were killed as were two of the villains - I took the weapons, money, and ammunition from all.  >:D

:-X :laugh:

You're getting the hang of it aren't you? :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Lol, yes! I'm really enjoying the game way more than I ever thought possible, and I owe thanks to all you chaps for that!

Art Blade

:)

you're probably no OG but definitely an OWG  :-D

Spoiler

OG original gangster
OWG either: open world gamer or open world gangster

durian

open world gangster  :laugh:
Art, I successfully managed to raise middle finger (by pressing L1) to a bunch of black guys on sidewalk and you know what happened after that.  ;D

But I found that it's not consistent. Sometimes pressing L1 would make my character to shoot a gun, sometimes he raises his middle finger.

PZ, Nice  :-X I had a similar experience. An LSPD cruiser was chasing a car, the gangsters got out of their car and shot the cops to death and then they ran away from the scene. I immediately followed the bad guys and ran over them, collected their weaps, ammo and money.

Art Blade

cool, durian :) +1 :-X for success and support  :)

In GTA:SA something funny happened, too: for some reason a gangster wanted to punch an officer's lights out while the officer was keen on beating twelve shades of poop out of me. I circled the gangster , keeping him between me and the cop, so the gangster could punch the cop and distract him while I used the gangster to keep the cop away from me. Cop and gangster croaked and I collected their weapons and money.  :-D

durian

Thanks Art,   :-() +1 for being clever

PZ

:laugh: :laugh: :-X I tried Art's method in a car, and using the cinema camera, the "finger" was hilarious! +1 AB!

... and yep, I'm definitely OWG  :-()

Binnatics

Art Blade

Art Blade

how's the game going, PZ? Looks as if you had enough early in.

PZ

Well, I've not actually played the game since I purchased AC4 for the ps3. Then when I was done with that, the ps4 version came out which I'm now working through. However, I've been thinking about GTAV again, so likely soon.

Tags:
🡱 🡳